GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,507 views
Is this a track in the game?

I hope so. This is the kind of thing I was expecting from GT5, to be able to race around environments like this, at night, with the light glistening off the buildings. That would be stunning.

No. That is one of the photomode locations.
 
Even if you guys figured out the location, It would be guarded. Is GT5-CE really worth the risk? :odd:
(sad I know the answer to this question)

It is the GT5-CE,of course it it worth the risk,what are you crazy?
 
Even if you guys figured out the location, It would be guarded. Is GT5-CE really worth the risk? :odd:
(sad I know the answer to this question)

Tough to say, I ordered it, but even I would say it wasnt necessary. You get a keychain which I couldnt care less about, a little car which would just collect dust, and a book, which is the only thing I cared about. Good reading material in the john. :)
 
I just found Steph290's porch with google map !
What the 🤬 Google! That's it, Im changin the damn shipping address! I can't trust you guys anymore than I would trust myself. :grumpy:
 
No. That is one of the photomode locations.

Alright thanks. I have this vision in my head of what I personally hoped GT5 would look like, and I am actually probably too far ahead for what they can actually do.

I think Im picturing GT7 on PS4. Gotta reel my own brain in!
 
Please guys stop asking me his porch location in private messages thank you ! I won't tell anybody ! I'm not stupid !
 
Is it possible to disable standard cars? I really don't want to look at them when there are premiums on the track.
 
Please guys stop asking me his porch location in private messages thank you ! I won't tell anybody ! I'm not stupid !

Oh, do tell... (baseball bat in hand). :D

Changing the subject, has anyone found out what became of those sparks we saw in the demo? Did PD just rip 'em out of the final build. I know there were a lot of complaints, but I was sure they could have simply tweaked them.
 
Is it possible to disable standard cars? I really don't want to look at them when there are premiums on the track.

There's only 220 premium cars, a bunch of which are nascar cars. Im pretty sure you cant turn off the standard cars.
 
I have been watching all the gameplay videos and the damage modeling is terrible! Some of these cars are going well over 100mph smashing into walls with very little damage. I thought it was going to be different with the full game. :dunce:
 
I think its the younger gamers of today who are never truely satisfied, they've been spoiled by either the PS2 or even the PS3 as their first console and thus taste of gaming. Where as the older guys (like myself) who grew up with Ataris, Amiga and megadrives still get that headshaking disbelief that we're playing games that look and feel like GT5 (and GT4 for that matter)

Ive seen it first hand when you put a truely awesome and insanely playable game from say the pre PS1 generation and its totally unplayable for them because... yes graphics and sound.

Bare in mind I'm only 30 years old so dont mean to sound like a 'back in my day' type of guy but I do seriously thing thats where most of the complaints are coming from.

Although I largely agree with your observation that the progress made on current console games still appears hugely impressive as an "older gamer" having experienced some of the stuff you mentioned I have to disagree with the misconception often found here that it's only the new "spoiled" (agree here although that's just jealousy;)) generation who express discontent.
It's all a question of perception I guess, if you keep comparing current games to the ancient stuff we played as kids and always keep that frame of reference as your perspective than it's very easy to be satisfied.

It's healthy and amusing once in a while to look back to put things in context but not all of the time as then we wouldn't need progress in the first place.
Thing is, with every new hardware and therefore software development, the possibilities extend not just twice but multiple times (and in multiple ways) and therefore it's logical to expect more, get used to more and since you paid for a new generation of console "demand" more.
It's not just the games which progress, we (hopefully) do too, meaning that what was once perceived to be the next big thing is now just an obsolete piece of junk you couldn't see yourself going back to.

I remember a story of an old car journalist who gave each new car he drove glowing reviews and praised almost each aspects whilst the same cars were often heavily criticized by other (younger and older) journalists.
Turned out the guy drove a 30 year old banger himself privately and only used that as his frame of reference as that's what he drove for years and years....
It's not a shame to be discontent if your expectations grew along with the new developments over the years (that happens all the time) as long as they're realistic, being pleased no matter what since the games of the past were so laughable in hindsight is not without risk either, it may seriously cloud your judgement too.
Stay with the program, no matter how old you are.:)
 
There's only 220 premium cars, a bunch of which are nascar cars. Im pretty sure you cant turn off the standard cars.

I think you are right but I would really like that option. Even though GT5 Prologue only had one third of the premium cars in GT5 it never felt like there was a shortage of cars.
 
Any idea what kind of camera angles are available? I sure hope the roof cam still exists.
 
I`m 36 and love this game from it`s beginning back in the 90`s :)

Gran Turismo is my other life :)
 
I was wondering how to wait for GT5 without dying !
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood comes out tomorrow :D
 
Guys, one thing I've noticed in the last Grand Valley video by tekken90 is that the car doesn't have the turbo wastegate sound (the pshhhhhhhhhhhh)... the Mine's skyline should have it right?

Haven't heard of these sounds on turbocharged cars until now. Any news?

Thats not wastegate sounds. Thats made by a bov (blow off valve) or bpv (bypass valve). Since bovs vent metered air post maf sensor most companies run bpvs which are much quieter. You will only see bovs on cars with pull through mafs generally. Who knows what the modified turbo cars do.
 


Thanks for this video as this has made me a happy man.

I'm a tuner and was worried the Suspension Tuning would be the same as Prologue's.This has cleared all that confusion up and made me even more excited for the release of this game. :dopey:
 
I have been watching all the gameplay videos and the damage modeling is terrible! Some of these cars are going well over 100mph smashing into walls with very little damage. I thought it was going to be different with the full game. :dunce:

Life goes on!

What's more important to me than how the damage looks, is how the impact feels. Does anyone know about this? On Forza 3 (bear with me, this isn't a vs post), regardless of how good you think the damage looks, you got a really nice shunt impact when you hit another car, rather than just bouncing off. Is this the same with GT5? They don't need to have great modeling for the impact to feel forceful and significant.
 
Can anyone confirm a couple of things:

We saw a yellow flag for driving into the pits, is there a flag system?

We saw Car Number decals with Rally location frames, do these appaear on your car when you enter the Rally, or are they part of a fixed cars livery?

Is it possible to change your numberplate, or are we stuck with giant name tags floating above other cars online?
 
Hello everyone! First post and Gran Turismo 5 will be my first purchase of the series. That's right, I'm a GT virgin. But, I look forward to playing GT5 despite my criticisms of the game. I still believe it is above and beyond any racing sim out there and I'm certain I won't be disappointed.
 
dbarrade, the yellow flag in pits is probably to do with speeding, out of all the footage I have seen there has been no evidence of a proper flag system.
 
Last edited:
[YOUTUBEHD]t4Fh2spl_mM[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
I have been watching all the gameplay videos and the damage modeling is terrible! Some of these cars are going well over 100mph smashing into walls with very little damage. I thought it was going to be different with the full game. :dunce:

I agree. It cant call itself " the real driving simulator " and damage doesnt really happen when you crash. Most cars wouldnt even drive after a 30mph crash let alone 100+
 
Back