GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,507 views
Although I largely agree with your observation that the progress made on current console games still appears hugely impressive as an "older gamer" having experienced some of the stuff you mentioned I have to disagree with the misconception often found here that it's only the new "spoiled" (agree here although that's just jealousy;)) generation who express discontent.
It's all a question of perception I guess, if you keep comparing current games to the ancient stuff we played as kids and always keep that frame of reference as your perspective than it's very easy to be satisfied.

It's healthy and amusing once in a while to look back to put things in context but not all of the time as then we wouldn't need progress in the first place.
Thing is, with every new hardware and therefore software development, the possibilities extend not just twice but multiple times (and in multiple ways) and therefore it's logical to expect more, get used to more and since you paid for a new generation of console "demand" more.
It's not just the games which progress, we (hopefully) do too, meaning that what was once perceived to be the next big thing is now just an obsolete piece of junk you couldn't see yourself going back to.

I remember a story of an old car journalist who gave each new car he drove glowing reviews and praised almost each aspects whilst the same cars were often heavily criticized by other (younger and older) journalists.
Turned out the guy drove a 30 year old banger himself privately and only used that as his frame of reference as that's what he drove for years and years....
It's not a shame to be discontent if your expectations grew along with the new developments over the years (that happens all the time) as long as they're realistic, being pleased no matter what since the games of the past were so laughable in hindsight is not without risk either, it may seriously cloud your judgement too.
Stay with the program, no matter how old you are.:)

You're way too smart to still be posting in this thread.
 
I'm not following it closely (i don't watch tv every day), but tonight i've already seen 4 Playstation 3 commercials including GT5 footage. Is Sony ramping up marketing for PS3/Move/GT5 for the holiday's or is it just me? To be clear, the commercials were on dutch television.
 
I'm not following it closely (i don't watch tv every day), but tonight i've already seen 4 Playstation 3 commercials including GT5 footage. Is Sony ramping up marketing for PS3/Move/GT5 for the holiday's or is it just me? To be clear, the commercials were on dutch television.

haven't seen any tonight on belgian tv :) only about kinect. Although there's a big Move poster in Brussels somewhere.
 
I agree. It cant call itself " the real driving simulator " and damage doesnt really happen when you crash. Most cars wouldnt even drive after a 30mph crash let alone 100+

I like how F1 2010 did the damage, as in leave it as it is now, but if you have a massive crash you total the car and end the race.
 
I have been watching all the gameplay videos and the damage modeling is terrible! Some of these cars are going well over 100mph smashing into walls with very little damage. I thought it was going to be different with the full game. :dunce:

All his videos are in Arcade mode. There are also levels of damage depending on the class he choose.
 
Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27

Swerv_Griffin
I know that the clutch was disabled for the Indy Time Trial. When I asked Kaz's Interpreter about the functionality of the G27 in GT5 last Wednesday at the GT Awards Party, I was told " The G27 will not be Fully Supported, but the DFGT will". Now what exactly that means is not clear to me. The Paddles did work on the Indy TT as well as the shift lights, for whatever that is worth. I would not be surprised if the clutch was not supported on the G27, but I do not know.

When talking with the highest levels of Polyphony Digital, they did indeed confirm that the fault for the G27 not being fully supported lies with Logitech. Logitech failed to code certain things with the G27 firmware that PD required, so it will only be partially supported. I too have a brand new G27, so I am in the same exact postion as every other G27 owner. I am a huge Logitech fan, but PD said that there were issues that gave the G27 an unfair advantage, whatever that refers to. I am just relaying info that I got from Kaz's interpreter. That's the most accurate and believeable info for me.

All I know about the Firmware issues are directly from the highest levels of Polyphony Digital. When I was asking them at the GT Awards Show about the G27, Taka told me:

" When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards. Therefore the G27 will not be fully supported in G27"

I too, do not fully understand exactly what this means. I am just giving you the exact words, from Kaz's interpreter. That is the highest level of PD , as far as I am concerned. You cannot get any more direct info than this, in my opinion.

It is unclear to me if the paddle shifters will work or not. I certainly hope so, as I bought a new G27, and have been waiting to use it, like many others. I am hoping that the lack of full support is just having to do with the clutch function.

This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.
 
Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27



This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.

Aww crap. I was looking forward in setting up all the buttons. I bought this wheel just for GT5. It will work just as GT5P at the least. Bummer.
 
Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27



This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.

Not to troll (what a terrible concept) , but that's what you get for buying a logitech product man.

Their mice are trash compared to razer or even just microsoft mice, g15 has the markings and coloring on the keys and surface of the board fade within a year and the keys themselves are trash, their usb headsets (used to?) use some generic sound driver instead of your sound card, have crap build quality.

Their speaker sets are trash.

They are just expensive and market everything agressively and GOD KNOWS HOW have a decent rep among non enthousiast users.

I've not come across a single decent logitech product in 10 years.
 
Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27



This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.

Can you post the source link. Has it been confirmed if the g25 is going to have the same problem?
 
So if I want to get a wheel for GT5 that isnt going to break the bank (as in less than £100) what should I get?
 
How do you know that?



How do you know it's not? This has been discussed before, go back several pages.

Also, there is another thread for whiners.
 
Question: Does anyone know how the process of transferring from GT5:P to GT5 will be? See, I deleted the game data (the install), but kept the save data. Is the save data all I would need?....I hope so because I let my friend get my GT5:P, and he's out of town.
 
I asked this in the other topic but didn't get a definite reply and it's moving too fast for me to keep bumping my question, so... can anyone confirm if we can still use this view in B-spec mode?

photo04a.jpg
 
How do you know it's not? This has been discussed before, go back several pages.

Also, there is another thread for whiners.

Some people just cant get over the fact that the damage system just aint that good, stop coming up with lame excuses for the damage. It's bad, thats it.
 
I have a brand new G27. It darn well better be supported or i'll be truly upset. It makes no sense to me how the clutch give you an advantage.
 
Well it seems too easy... look how tekken90 overpass the cars in the out-side of the turn... too easy... I hope it's a seting issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREGCHLhh5c

That's the first Video in Ages that really impressed me.
THAT'S why I am getting GT5 for sure.
Yes tracks are missing it hurts ...
No rims ? don't care ...
DLC tracks ? hopefully ...
BUT THIS is what GT5 is about

Imagine that in 3D (!) ... i guess next summer prices for 3D TVs are going down, I would basicly throw out the old one - I thought at least TVs could last for a while, ... - which I only got for the PS3 and GT5(P). Why do I have the feeling Sony raped me ... (Good old 42" Bravia ... don't wanna let it go, it has been a good TV *hugs*)
 
I have a brand new G27. It darn well better be supported or i'll be truly upset. It makes no sense to me how the clutch give you an advantage.

I have one to and i don't see how this would be PD's fault, they did their part but Logitech for whatever reasons didn't give PD what they needed.
 
Although I largely agree with your observation that the progress made on current console games still appears hugely impressive as an "older gamer" having experienced some of the stuff you mentioned I have to disagree with the misconception often found here that it's only the new "spoiled" (agree here although that's just jealousy;)) generation who express discontent.
It's all a question of perception I guess, if you keep comparing current games to the ancient stuff we played as kids and always keep that frame of reference as your perspective than it's very easy to be satisfied.

It's healthy and amusing once in a while to look back to put things in context but not all of the time as then we wouldn't need progress in the first place.
Thing is, with every new hardware and therefore software development, the possibilities extend not just twice but multiple times (and in multiple ways) and therefore it's logical to expect more, get used to more and since you paid for a new generation of console "demand" more.
It's not just the games which progress, we (hopefully) do too, meaning that what was once perceived to be the next big thing is now just an obsolete piece of junk you couldn't see yourself going back to.

I remember a story of an old car journalist who gave each new car he drove glowing reviews and praised almost each aspects whilst the same cars were often heavily criticized by other (younger and older) journalists.
Turned out the guy drove a 30 year old banger himself privately and only used that as his frame of reference as that's what he drove for years and years....
It's not a shame to be discontent if your expectations grew along with the new developments over the years (that happens all the time) as long as they're realistic, being pleased no matter what since the games of the past were so laughable in hindsight is not without risk either, it may seriously cloud your judgement too.
Stay with the program, no matter how old you are.:)

👍
 
Ahh thanks. I was already looking at that one, but with the recent posts about some things not working with Logitech wheels, I was beginning to worry if I could use this with the game.

I'm pretty sure it's just the G27 that has issues, probably because it uses a different shift system with it's clutch pedal. The Driving Force GT is the one we've seen people using in demo booths though so it should be ideal.
 
Some people just cant get over the fact that the damage system just aint that good, stop coming up with lame excuses for the damage. It's bad, thats it.

I have still yet to see mechanical damage which is confirmed on the official site, but you claim we have seen the damage system ok man.
 
Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27



This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.

Pulled from the playstation forum regarding the G27

Swerv_Griffin
I know that the clutch was disabled for the Indy Time Trial. When I asked Kaz's Interpreter about the functionality of the G27 in GT5 last Wednesday at the GT Awards Party, I was told " The G27 will not be Fully Supported, but the DFGT will". Now what exactly that means is not clear to me. The Paddles did work on the Indy TT as well as the shift lights, for whatever that is worth. I would not be surprised if the clutch was not supported on the G27, but I do not know.

When talking with the highest levels of Polyphony Digital, they did indeed confirm that the fault for the G27 not being fully supported lies with Logitech. Logitech failed to code certain things with the G27 firmware that PD required, so it will only be partially supported. I too have a brand new G27, so I am in the same exact postion as every other G27 owner. I am a huge Logitech fan, but PD said that there were issues that gave the G27 an unfair advantage, whatever that refers to. I am just relaying info that I got from Kaz's interpreter. That's the most accurate and believeable info for me.

All I know about the Firmware issues are directly from the highest levels of Polyphony Digital. When I was asking them at the GT Awards Show about the G27, Taka told me:

" When we tested the G27, it had some functionality in the shifting process that gave it an unfair advantage over other peripherals. You were able to shift the G27 without losing any speed/ power. We repeated worked with Logitech to remedy this, but Logitech refused to alter their Firmware to our standards. Therefore the G27 will not be fully supported in G27"

I too, do not fully understand exactly what this means. I am just giving you the exact words, from Kaz's interpreter. That is the highest level of PD , as far as I am concerned. You cannot get any more direct info than this, in my opinion.

It is unclear to me if the paddle shifters will work or not. I certainly hope so, as I bought a new G27, and have been waiting to use it, like many others. I am hoping that the lack of full support is just having to do with the clutch function.

This is definitely the worst news for me with this game, I am hoping the wheel works at all now.

This will be why then ...
 
Back