GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,303 views
When people use paddles or power shift(up and down) you don't release gas
and therefore you don't loose acceleration or speed..

when you guys cluch ... you release gas and loose speed !

If you want to beat online lap records just don't use cluch !

like in GT5 TT Demo ... all firsts had DFGT Wheel .. !
 
is it just me or has my fear of dying gone up considerably the last week? :P
 
It does seem like PD has done to many compromises, they got halfways with the cars, so they called them standard and premiums. They cut off some tracks for a reason only God knows, they came up with a fantastic idea with the track editor, but it turns out to reset the changes you make to the track. I just don`t get a good felling about GT5 now with all this new info we`ve got lately, even though it took them 5 years, it actually seems like they`ve rushed the game. But, I might be wrong, I know the answer in 8 days
 
I have still yet to see mechanical damage which is confirmed on the official site, but you claim we have seen the damage system ok man.

Have you missed the video with the Audi R8 (in rome) that slams into the wall at a speed of 150 km/h and it only gets some minor damage to the front?
 
I'm not worried if the game is going to suck! Every GT game has been so awesome.
 
Have you missed the video with the Audi R8 (in rome) that slams into the wall at a speed of 150 km/h and it only gets some minor damage to the front?

Do you know what mechanical damage is? When you slam into a wall your car should not drive anymore because the engine should be mess up and any other part that got hit. Not visual damage mechanical damage. We have not seen anything like this and its confirmed on the official page.
 
Why does the GT countdown timer on GT.com end on Tuesday, November 23rd? According to basically everyone, GT5 is coming on the 24th in the US.
 
It does seem like PD has done to many compromises, they got halfways with the cars, so they called them standard and premiums. They cut off some tracks for a reason only God knows, they came up with a fantastic idea with the track editor, but it turns out to reset the changes you make to the track. I just don`t get a good felling about GT5 now with all this new info we`ve got lately, even though it took them 5 years, it actually seems like they`ve rushed the game. But, I might be wrong, I know the answer in 8 days

DLC = $$

more premium cars --> DLC

more tracks --> DLC

etc.
 
I had the chance to use the G27 with a demo build here in NZ. The paddles and rev indicator lights worked fine, so I'm sure there will be no problem with those in the full game. Any issues will just be with clutch support, which I didn't try.
 
Do you know what mechanical damage is? When you slam into a wall your car should not drive anymore because the engine should be mess up and any other part that got hit. Not visual damage mechanical damage. We have not seen anything like this and its confirmed on the official page.

Yes sorry, I forgot to mention that the Audi was fully driveable after the crash. So why was it like that... Because he was in arcade mode?
 
Why does the GT countdown timer on GT.com end on Tuesday, November 23rd? According to basically everyone, GT5 is coming on the 24th in the US.

Europe gets it earlier, (time difference)
 
Yes sorry, I forgot to mention that the Audi was fully driveable after the crash. So why was it like that... Because he was in arcade mode?

Maybe, or does anyone know if it was a demo? Does the demo have?
 
I had the chance to use the G27 with a demo build here in NZ. The paddles and rev indicator lights worked fine, so I'm sure there will be no problem with those in the full game. Any issues will just be with clutch support, which I didn't try.
Thanks rexc:tup:great news!
 
I had the chance to use the G27 with a demo build here in NZ. The paddles and rev indicator lights worked fine, so I'm sure there will be no problem with those in the full game. Any issues will just be with clutch support, which I didn't try.

Good to hear. Wouldn't shifting with the paddles be quicker over the clutch? Surely the clutch works as well. It works in GT5P.
 
Good to hear. Wouldn't shifting with the paddles be quicker over the clutch? Surely the clutch works as well. It works in GT5P.

For some of the older cars, its just more fun to work with the clutch even if the paddles are an option. Throwing the car into gear has a good feeling to it and gives a good sense of control.
 
Good to hear. Wouldn't shifting with the paddles be quicker over the clutch? Surely the clutch works as well. It works in GT5P.

Alot of people like the feel and the action with the h-shifter w/clutch. Only time I will use the paddles are for cars that have more than 6 gears. H shifting is too awesome of a feeling.
 
That's why I'm suspicious of the videos we have out now, because there is hardly any damage. To me it looks like he has an unlocked demo. it doesn't even seem like it's the real game. GT4 had things in it that let you know what was going on. There hasn't even been any video shown of what day and time it was, nothing in terms of career achievement, such and such.. it just seems like these videos don't go to show what GT has always been about, and that's your own personal career, or GT mode, not Arcade mode or free runs. I'm skeptical about these videos until I get the game in my hands, I don't take them with any seriousness. Like the SS7 video with Supercars? How do you unlock supercars that fast? I doubt he even has a premium car in his career. If he does how come he hasn't shown it off or shown it changing wheels or anything of that sort? Ever question that or do you guys just like the 'pretty videos'?
 
Alot of people like the feel and the action with the h-shifter w/clutch. Only time I will use the paddles are for cars that have more than 6 gears. H shifting is too awesome of a feeling.

I'm with this guy, If it would have a 3-5 speed in real life, I use the h-shifter, cars that actually have paddles I use paddles.
 
Trust me, i would much rather use the H shifter as well. I just don't understand how the clutch may not work with the game. There is no advantage by using it.
 
Trust me, i would much rather use the H shifter as well. I just don't understand how the clutch may not work with the game. There is no advantage by using it.
There is, if you know what you're doing

 
Why does the GT countdown timer on GT.com end on Tuesday, November 23rd? According to basically everyone, GT5 is coming on the 24th in the US.

Many stores release the game exactly at 00.00 the 24th, so the timer ends at 23.59 the 23rd
 
There is no advantage by using it.

There is a purpose to a clutch which a lot of people tend to forget:
weight transfer between the front and rear.
It is essential for drifts and to stabilize the car when in a turn and putting it it neutral weight

And in Gt5P the clutch permitted to shift quicker with cars that in reality have a clutch
 
Last edited:
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Model T Tourer
Daimler Motor Carriage
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Midget (3 wheel)


I'm really disappointed that these cars have been removed. They were in GT4, they should be in GT5. I was really, really excited to drive all of these. I never had GT4, and I don't have an older PS3 that can play it, so I'll never have it.

I wanted to take the Model T for a lap of the Ring and pretend I was on a Sunday drive in 1920.
 
Back