GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,405 views
Your Sunday drive one the ring will come to an end, as soon as you reach the first hill.
 
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Model T Tourer
Daimler Motor Carriage
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Midget (3 wheel)


I'm really disappointed that these cars have been removed. They were in GT4, they should be in GT5. I was really, really excited to drive all of these. I never had GT4, and I don't have an older PS3 that can play it, so I'll never have it.

I wanted to take the Model T for a lap of the Ring and pretend I was on a Sunday drive in 1920.

The ring didn't exist in 1920, it was started in the 20's ;) (opened 1927)


Your Sunday drive one the ring will come to an end, as soon as you reach the first hill.

LOL, but true
 
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Model T Tourer
Daimler Motor Carriage
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Midget (3 wheel)


I'm really disappointed that these cars have been removed. They were in GT4, they should be in GT5. I was really, really excited to drive all of these. I never had GT4, and I don't have an older PS3 that can play it, so I'll never have it.

I wanted to take the Model T for a lap of the Ring and pretend I was on a Sunday drive in 1920.

Yeah, I was really hoping they would model a premium Auto Union C GP car to complement a standard Streamliner. It's possible these could be prize cars though.
 
There is a purpose to a clutch which a lot of people tend to forget:
weight transfer between the front and rear.
It is essential for drifts and to stabilize the car when in a turn and putting it it neutral weight

And in Gt5P the clutch permitted to shift quicker with cars that in reality have a clutch

True!!!! Drift!!! It is better with clutch.
 
Your Sunday drive one the ring will come to an end, as soon as you reach the first hill.

The Model T has 20 HP. It can't make up the hill at the Ring? That's kinda surprising.
 
if the G27 is not supported i will definitely not buy the game, i wasn't sure if i had to buy it anymore because of the appalling lack of tracks and important cars.

But if this rumor is true they can suck it, have i been waiting for a not even finnished game for 5 years?
I bet that even Duke Nukem forever will be a better game than this :S
 
Your Sunday drive one the ring will come to an end, as soon as you reach the first hill.

I'm pretty sure that was with the Benz patent motor wagen, i think that took someone nearly 2 days to get round the 'ring, they had to do a zig zag up the hill :lol:

I think the Model T could do it, but don't plan on breaking any lap records :lol:
 
The Model T has 20 HP. It can't make up the hill at the Ring? That's kinda surprising.

If I managed to get a 12HP Daihatsu Midget round The Ring, then the Model T should be able to as well :D

Just don't bother doing it in the Benz Motor Wagen.
 
No clutch support for the G27?
Are you ******* kidding me?

This. Very much this.

I'm really excited about a bunch of different things in the game, a bit disappointed about some stuff we've seen so far, but it was still gonna be great.

But not having a clutch? Seriously? I don't care whether it was Logitech's or PD's fault, they need to fix it. I'll be on the phone with Logitech having them take the G27 I bought exclusively for use with GT5 if they don't get it fixed.

Part of the realism is the clutch and the H-gate. If the car has an H-gate and a clutch in real life, I want to use it in the game.
 
No clutch support for the G27?
Are you ******* kidding me?
Exactly my words!!! How can this even be possible? And I do not care if it's Logitechs or PDs fault as the first one has been advertising the wheel as if it was supported and PD... well... I've heard nothing official about this from them. One would think this should be something worth mentioning before the release or there will be lots of dissaponted and angry people out there

EDIT: haha, great minds think alike =)
 
If I managed to get a 12HP Daihatsu Midget round The Ring, then the Model T might be able to as well :D

Just don't bother doing it in the Benz Motor Wagen.

How many hours did it take you?
 
That's the first Video in Ages that really impressed me.
THAT'S why I am getting GT5 for sure.
Yes tracks are missing it hurts ...
No rims ? don't care ...
DLC tracks ? hopefully ...
BUT THIS is what GT5 is about

Imagine that in 3D (!) ... i guess next summer prices for 3D TVs are going down, I would basicly throw out the old one - I thought at least TVs could last for a while, ... - which I only got for the PS3 and GT5(P). Why do I have the feeling Sony raped me ... (Good old 42" Bravia ... don't wanna let it go, it has been a good TV *hugs*)

This feature is epic. If this part doesn't sell to fans for a racing sim, nothing will. And we still don't know everything that's on that disk. For all we know, half the stuff that we are complaining about is on that disk already. Some of us aren't giving it a chance. There is way more to that disk than what we've seen thus far. I am willing to put money on that. GT hasn't let us down since GT1. They won't start now. 5-6 years in the making, oh yeah, you can bet we will be playing the game of the year on Nov 24th.
 
Ready for action? You can use this product with many current games*, including:

* Gran Turismo 5™
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (PS3)



That's directly from Logitech's website about the G27. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

Basically, "This wheel is great with Gran Turismo 5, it's gonna be epic, you can shift and junk and it's cool, oh, but that H-gate shifter with the clutch? You can't actually use that, sorry."


edit: and no, the asterisk doesn't say "except the clutch". It says "games sold separately".
 
Ready for action? You can use this product with many current games*, including:

* Gran Turismo 5™
- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (PS3)



That's directly from Logitech's website about the G27. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

Basically, "This wheel is great with Gran Turismo 5, it's gonna be epic, you can shift and junk and it's cool, oh, but that H-gate shifter with the clutch? You can't actually use that, sorry."


edit: and no, the asterisk doesn't say "except the clutch". It says "games sold separately".

It worked with GT5P so i'm pretty sure it will work with GT5, we might just have to use the button to activate it like we did in GT5P.
 
How many hours did it take you?

Actually it took between 18 and 19 minutes, about 18 min 49 seconds if I remember. I was surprised that it made it up every hill :crazy:
 
Benz Patent Motor Wagen
Model T Tourer
Daimler Motor Carriage
Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline
Midget (3 wheel)

I'm really disappointed that these cars have been removed. They were in GT4, they should be in GT5. I was really, really excited to drive all of these.

Maybe they didn't include them as Standard cars out of respect, RIP.;)
 
If it worked with GT5p then it will work with GT5. It fully supported clutch on the G27 and paddle shifters when they released that 350z challenge GT5 Demo on the PSN
 
if the G27 is not supported i will definitely not buy the game, i wasn't sure if i had to buy it anymore because of the appalling lack of tracks and important cars.

But if this rumor is true they can suck it, have i been waiting for a not even finnished game for 5 years?
I bet that even Duke Nukem forever will be a better game than this :S
I have the G27 too and it's really very disappointed if the clutch won't be supported:tdown:
Is it PD fault or Logitech fault?
 
I'm pretty sure it's just the G27 that has issues, probably because it uses a different shift system with it's clutch pedal. The Driving Force GT is the one we've seen people using in demo booths though so it should be ideal.

Has nothing to do with the shift system. It's the button assignments that it won't fully support . The wheel works perfectly fine with GT5P, although you have to do an extra step for the clutch to activate. But it still works. Now the paddle is a different story. But one post stated he played a recent demo and they worked. Some of us don't use the official GT wheel because of the shifter. For one, its next to the wheel, two.......uh its next to the wheel. Third, did I mention its next to the wheel. Its hard to do a custom GT seat if you can't choose where you want to place your shifter. Even without having full support, I still would choose the g27. We have to realize that the G27 isn't designed for the ps3 to begin with. Its pc hardware. It just so happens that it works with the ps3 and titles when the game supports it. Technically Logitech can either fix it and allow PD to make a patch, or they can make a GT5 version of the G27 and sell like crazy. Logitech has limited themselves.
 
Last edited:
It worked with GT5P so i'm pretty sure it will work with GT5, we might just have to use the button to activate it like we did in GT5P.

That's what I would assume too, but I don't know.

The triangle thing would be annoying, but I can live with it. The only time it really annoys me is when doing time trials. I restart a lot when I screw up a corner instead of finishing the lap, and then I have to press triangle again, while getting in the right gear, and getting my speed up. Just a lot to do between the "Start" and the start/finish line.
 
I have the G27 too and it's really very disappointed if the clutch won't be supported:tdown:
Is it PD fault or Logitech fault?

pretty damn sure it's PD's fault because it seems to work just fine in GT5P
 
I love how people get so worked up on this site based on rumour and heresay. 👎

I hate how people make useless posts on this site. 👎
 
That's why I'm suspicious of the videos we have out now, because there is hardly any damage. To me it looks like he has an unlocked demo. it doesn't even seem like it's the real game. GT4 had things in it that let you know what was going on. There hasn't even been any video shown of what day and time it was, nothing in terms of career achievement, such and such.. it just seems like these videos don't go to show what GT has always been about, and that's your own personal career, or GT mode, not Arcade mode or free runs. I'm skeptical about these videos until I get the game in my hands, I don't take them with any seriousness. Like the SS7 video with Supercars? How do you unlock supercars that fast? I doubt he even has a premium car in his career. If he does how come he hasn't shown it off or shown it changing wheels or anything of that sort? Ever question that or do you guys just like the 'pretty videos'?

You know what, you have a great point here. Licenses can take time. Depending on how good you are. And you don't get the good cars this soon. It takes time and I am sure they are quite expensive at that. Maybe that's why Sony hasn't gone after him. Hmmmm. Good point. Also I don't think you will have access to the ring this early on.
 
Another useless post.

No offence Sphinx.. But yours are just as useless when all you're doing is that.. :indiff:

But back on topic, Tekken's video of the Nurburgring is just aesome! :dopey: I also requested a video of a muscle car to see if the sound is any good. 💡
 
Hey everyone,

look what i have just discovered surfing the interwebs.... Im very certain that this guy who made the video is this II UFUK II guy fro from Lebanon doing the flat shifting in GT5 P.

It seems he has modded his G25's gearbox and an H pattern that works as sequential... hmmm dont know how he managed to skip the clutch though...

Guess thats the reason why the G27 and perhaps the G25 will not be fully functional


Chris
 
Last edited:
Back