GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,808,146 views
That's what I would assume too, but I don't know.

The triangle thing would be annoying, but I can live with it. The only time it really annoys me is when doing time trials. I restart a lot when I screw up a corner instead of finishing the lap, and then I have to press triangle again, while getting in the right gear, and getting my speed up. Just a lot to do between the "Start" and the start/finish line.

I might be wrong here but I think the big problem with the G27 are the Six buttons on the wheel. I think that the game will only see 2 of them. I think thats what happens in GT5P. I have the G25, Maybe if any of the "Testers" out there if they have the G27 wheel could go into the menu and see if any of the other buttons on the wheel will do anything, other than that it should work like the G25 other than using the dual shifter modes.
 
@TheDrummingKING
Be nice to the mods, seems to be hard times for them!
 
I really have a hard time believing all this... the car list, the track list, the weather option, the damage, the modifications for standards, etc. PD or Sony could've sent an earlier version of the batch. I still have yet to hear ANY stores receiving their shipment of GT5.

I'm not going to believe anything else until I really get the game myself. How do we know that the people leaking the copies aren't playing an earlier build of the game? Until we get a picture of ANY store that has 100+ GT5 copies sitting in the back, we should all wait until then to confirm these.
 
I can not beleive that in 8 days I will be playing GT5!!! Anyone know how much money we will start off with?? I'm guessing 18 Grand.
 
Yikes. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I should start raging about GT5 too.

I hate Kaz and lack of G27. Cancel preorder. Death to Sony.
 
pretty damn sure it's PD's fault because it seems to work just fine in GT5P

The way I read it is that P.D have possibly taken out the option of using the clutch on the g25/27 due to a "no loss of power" upshift cheat/glitch.
I always wondered how Time trial cars were faster down the straight (and its not me getting a poor corner exit).
 
No offence Sphinx.. But yours are just as useless when all you're doing is that.. :indiff:

You have no idea what I'm doing. Just stay on topic and allow me to carry out my role in any way I see fit.
 
I'm curious... Has anyone seen a TV ad yet? I believe someone mentioned in this thread (or another) that Speed Channel (in the states) was going to air some on Thursday. Will that be the first exposure for us? I'm not a kid, but I'm going to scream for my wife to come in the room as soon as I first see it.
 
Is it confirmed whether or not Gran Turismo 5 has actually reached retail stores already? Or is it still on shipment? Like I said, for all we know they could be playing an earlier version or discarded batch of the game.
 
Hey everyone,

look what i have just discovered surfing the interwebs.... Im very certain that this guy who made the video is this II UFUK II guy fro from Lebanon doing the flat shifting in GT5 P.

It seems he has modded his G25's gearbox and an H pattern that works as sequential... hmmm dont know how he managed to skip the clutch though...

Guess thats the reason why the G27 and perhaps the G25 will not be fully functional

Chris
The G25 has H pattern and sequential both you just have to set it to the one you want. If set to sequential it works the same as the paddle on the wheel and you can use either to shift (yes both work at the same time).
 
I'll call your 18 and raise you 7.

I'm curious... Has anyone seen a TV ad yet? I believe someone mentioned in this thread (or another) that Speed Channel (in the states) was going to air some on Thursday. Will that be the first exposure for us? I'm not a kid, but I'm going to scream for my wife to come in the room as soon as I first see it.

Yeah I saw it!!! I flipped!! :sly:
 
You know that for sure??

Haha. Sorry to mis-lead. It's my own guess. Actually, I'm thinking between $20K - $25K, but I figured I'd be hopeful and go with the 25.

It seems the car's in-game prices are comparative to real-world prices (or so I've read), so even 20-25 should be more than enough to start out in lower-class licenses.
 
You have no idea what I'm doing. Just stay on topic and allow me to carry out my role in any way I see fit.

Fair enough, by no means am I trying to tell you how to do anything, but I just thought it would make more sense to just delete useless posts and not make posts about them.. However you continue doing whatever you see fit. :)

On topic: I see no reason why the G27 won't work properly, though I don't really care since I have a G25! :lol:
 
Haha. Sorry to mis-lead. It's my own guess. Actually, I'm thinking between $20K - $25K, but I figured I'd be hopeful and go with the 25.

It seems the car's in-game prices are comparative to real-world prices (or so I've read), so even 20-25 should be more than enough to start out in lower-class licenses.

What if you got a game save from GT5P, would you start out with more?
 
Haha. Sorry to mis-lead. It's my own guess. Actually, I'm thinking between $20K - $25K, but I figured I'd be hopeful and go with the 25.

It seems the car's in-game prices are comparative to real-world prices (or so I've read), so even 20-25 should be more than enough to start out in lower-class licenses.

Oh, I just guessed because gt3 started with $18k. I hope it's $25k!!
 
What if you got a game save from GT5P, would you start out with more?

People were talking about that a while ago, and I believe they were referencing something Kaz might've said. Some were also saying that your cars will carry over from Prologue as well, albeit into arcade mode only. If we're given that option, I think I'm going to desist and just stick with what I'm given in GT5 and whatever I earn.
 
Does anyone know if the GT5 faceplate for the slim is hard plastic material?Because i just called the idiots at Gamestop and one store denied that it even existed and one said it was a sticker that they do not make face plates for the PS3 Slim.SO can someone who actually knows what the heck they are talking about help me because they obviously have no clue.
 
If the g27 won't work with GT5. That's the nail in the coffin.
Hope it's not true.
 

He seems to have a little button on the shift nob, I guess that is what does the clutch cheat?
 
I just purchased a G27 just for this game. If it is not fully supported I will be returning it. i call Logitech and see whats up but before I do does anyone have the link as to why there is concern that it won't work?
 
What if you got a game save from GT5P, would you start out with more?

RDK said that GT PSP cars would transfer for Arcade, But not GT5P.

I just purchased a G27 just for this game. If it is not fully supported I will be returning it. i call Logitech and see whats up but before I do does anyone have the link as to why there is concern that it won't work?

That's not confirmed yet. It's only a rumour
 
From those leaked videos of the mapping on other wheels there is no point on it not being able to map a g25 or 27. I don't understand why everyone starts over-reacting without having all the facts yet. I don't see anywhere where it was said no other then random posts here and those videos strongly make it seem as if you could have multiple button setups and is pretty in depth so I doubt it.
 
So does anyone know if ANY retail stores received their shipment of GT5 yet?
 
RDK said that GT PSP cars would transfer for Arcade, But not GT5P.



That's not confirmed yet. It's only a rumour

Well I will call to get confirmation. I don't want to open my brand new wheel from logitech when it arrives if it doesn't fully support the clutch.. I would like to be able to return it. After I'm done on the phone I will let everyone know what Logitech has to say.
 
This is the kinda thing they could issue a patch for though isn't it?
 
Not to troll (what a terrible concept) , but that's what you get for buying a logitech product man.

Their mice are trash compared to razer or even just microsoft mice, g15 has the markings and coloring on the keys and surface of the board fade within a year and the keys themselves are trash, their usb headsets (used to?) use some generic sound driver instead of your sound card, have crap build quality.

Their speaker sets are trash.

They are just expensive and market everything agressively and GOD KNOWS HOW have a decent rep among non enthousiast users.

I've not come across a single decent logitech product in 10 years.

Well I can tell you this the G27 is a fantasic wheel and the pedals are nice, and without the H-pattern shifter I think having a wheel setup wouldn't be that great. I would like to try a fanatec, but the reason I didn't buy one is I heard the G27 was so good, and well it is. The only thing I like about the Fanatec is the clubsport pedals but I don't care for the wheel that much.

Can you post the source link. Has it been confirmed if the g25 is going to have the same problem?

G27 and Clutch Official Gran Turismo forum
 
This is the kinda thing they could issue a patch for though isn't it?

(If you are talking about the clutch cheat) Well, I don't think they even know how it is done, so, I don't know how they would be able to patch it.. :lol:
 
Back