GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
man it definitely hurts to read kaz's quotes.
:grumpy:

For those who have that perspective as well about Kaz, PD, or the GT series, you should read this to see it from another perspective at the very least.

First of all, matchmaking, I agree. Where the hell's it at? I think Snaeper's right about that though. Remember guys, Kaz and group don't communicate with us :D.

Regarding the first DLC we were sold:

18 Oct 11 山内 一典 ‏@Kaz_Yamauchi
Resolving the problem with using the DLC on multiple accounts, is not simple.
There just isn’t a good solution for this I can think of.
but there is nothing like that in the PSN setup, and we can only assign the entitlements per User ID.
t would be best if we could attribute the entitlement to use the DLC items to multiple accounts in the same PS3,
The entitlement to these non-onetime DLC’s can’t be attributed to the PS3 console.

19 Oct 11 山内 一典 ‏@Kaz_Yamauchi
Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts,
We’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already,
-can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.
And though we looked into this, unfortunately there’s no solution for crossing multiple regions.
I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.

next
12:48pm February 11 2011
Concluding, Yamauchi compared the videogame industry to the car industry, stating that across 125 years the car industry has a “shining history” and that even with only forty years of existence the videogame industry has its own share of history.

“My message to you is that I believe it is our job to continue to create history,” he finished, “I certainly will spare no effort in continuing in that great flow, so let us all create great history.”

Posted on 13-Oct-2005 1:32 PM GMT
Describe, in ten words or less, what sums up PlayStation for you
Kazunori Yamauchi: PlayStation is not just a platform, it's a movement.

If you could transport yourself into a game which one would it be?
Kazunori Yamauchi: Gran Turismo. I would then be able to drive 'till I die.

Kaz isn't 🤬 screwing around.

Posted on 13-Oct-2005

What's your funniest PlayStation moment? -
Kazunori Yamauchi: This was back in 1999 when we had GT2 showing at E3. As always, we worked until the very last minute at the Polyphony Digital studio in Japan to prepare the demo version for the show. Qualities we had hoped for were difficult to achieve, and I remember spending 100 hours in the development room prior to departure, with no sleep at all. I started sleeping the instant I was seated on my plane to LA, and did not wake up until we had arrived. I didn't even take advantage of the seat reclining, nor go to the restroom throughout the flight, and I cannot recall take-off and landing either. I had warped from Tokyo to LA in a blink of an eye.

With the advent of PS3, are there any concepts that have you've been dreaming about for years that, with the new technology, can now be brought to fruition? -
Kazunori Yamauchi: Though difficult to explain in detail at this time, perhaps I can share the possibilities in an abstract way. The PlayStation 3 is the first piece of hardware allowing photo-realistic computer graphics, and is the first game hardware that can perform calculations for physics simulation to the level of our satisfaction. With a matrix of such elements, a new world of entertainment is about to unfold.This is the beginning of a world, different to that of what we have called "games" up to today.
tehe And this is why is said I don't consider GT5 to be a game, Scaff. That, and here on GTPlanet since GT5 released in late 2010, it's getting closer and closer to the 5 million posts mark. So it's over 2.5 million posts made on this forum since THIS forum itself reached 5 million posts on May 13, 2011 https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-forums-reach-5-million-messages-posted/. Well, in a year and eight months, over 2.6 million posts have been made (thanks a lot Photo Mode users!). Mimesis.

Defined by Yamauchi as “the reaction when you feel something incredible; when you are infected with the feverish desire to do something,” he claimed that via the Gran Turismo franchise he has intended to “evoke this mimesis through the nature of the players.”

“I myself was exposed to a lot of mimesis as a child,” Yamauchi said. “Nature, the wonderful adults I was taught by, and in some cases videogames. I received a lot of mimesis from videogames; without that experience I wouldn’t be making them today. Now I’ve matured and become an adult, the next step for me is to pass on what I’ve received to the new audience and the next generation. Mimesis is when a form of art undergoes development; it’s a chain reaction that makes it move and grow.”
What I mean is that here, two years later, the "game" is selling steadily and was still in the top 10 most sold PS3 games of the year (2012 if anyone forgot :D). How is that possible with the kind of game GT5 turned out to be, completely underwhelming. But some people think GT is heading in the wrong direction? WITH ONE GAME that they're basing it off of?

Not even a year after getting irregularly scheduled updates, there was nothing but "Kaz/PD is obligated to 'finish' the unfinished mess of a game they made us wait for and for wasting our money on buying a PS3 for this GAME and this game only". After the first year of updates (Spec 2.0), some were saying, "and that's the last update we'll get - we've gotten physics, graphics AND sound changes to most or ALL of the gameplay sounds, not just the car's. Those who bought a PS3 solely for GT5 (and Blu-Ray?) weren't duped, you were just inconvenienced. Here we are well over two years later and we're stilling getting something. A bunch of the Standard cars look a ton better since the GT5 came out. Some people denying it and saying it's a placebo effect when they first started to get updated. Its happened a couple of times with the physics in updates that didn't state any update to the physics.
Online and Offline NOW have similar physics, why didn't they just give it to us from the beginning?:dunce:
It's the ignorance mixed with arrogance that gets me. Look at the bigger picture.
\/
\/
\/
10/01/2007
As the new cockpit view highlights, the team has made significant strides in the fairly short time since Gran Tursimo HD came out. Yamauchi said that while working on the new hardware hadn't been easy, they are currently steady progress. During the planning stages for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Sony told us later, the resolution had been set at 1080i, but only a couple weeks after making that call, the team had a breakthrough that enabled them to hit 60 frames-per-second in 1080p during gameplay. Replays, however, will remain 30 fps at 1080p to allow Polyphony to add more layers of special effects.

This is next bit is only to show the "I've lost faith in PD" (simply because of one frickin game!) people just how dumb they are when they say that "Kaz should be fired" and he isn't fit to be the head honcho of Polyphony Digital INC. And also just to show you that Kaz isn't just some guy who tells an army of human robots what to do.

December 2010
PSM3: Will the game run at a rock-steady 60fps?

Kazunori Yamauchi: This is a major issue for us in GT5. Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?' But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together, especially with the weather effects; the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that i beg your forgiveness! If you're going from a standing start at number 16 and all 15 cars in front of you are kicking up water, there might not be 60fps at that moment.

And thinking that they're avoiding other cultures except for the Japanese car culture, read this and hush up about that. You're speaking as if you knew him.
http://wot.motortrend.com/corvette-...ator-kazunori-yamauchi-tells-us-why-5542.html

What have been your favourite PlayStation projects to work on?
Kazunori Yamauchi: That would have to be having been part of the start-up team for PlayStation. Software strategies, hardware design, or details of the designs of the controller were all decided by this small group. My family runs a cram school, and the students helped us by being the first testers of the PlayStation controller, which was then still in development. Hardware teams and software teams worked closely together in a family-like atmosphere to help the PlayStation project move forward.
Last, but not least..
December 2010
PSM3: Have you started work on GT6?
Kazunori Yamauchi: There were a lot of things we couldn't include in 5 that will carry over into 6, so in that respect, development has already started.

PSM3: Will the engine sounds be improved over time?
Kazunori Yamauchi: There have been a lot of improvements made to the engine sounds. Obviously it's not enough, there's more we can do to improve them, so it's still work in progress.

Before Spec 2.0, "he's lying, that liar!".

Need I bring up that he confessed about there being too few A-Spec races and too many duplicated models of certain cars (although they aren't Premium cars).

This last thought is to vent.
Anyone that types out a word that mimics the Japanese language, or any other language for that matter, should reaaaaaally not be here. It's not even childish or offensive. It's called being a prick.

Last edited:
He said "that never happened", and not "that will never happen".
Meaning that at the momment it wasn't added to the game yet, but who knows what PD's going to add in the future...

"Never happened" assumes it's all over already - which it isn't, GT5 is still being updated. What he really meant, then, is it "hasn't happened yet" - not quite the same emotional impact, though, eh? ;)

^^ Wasn't the Subaru suit in with the other DLC suits?

There's a Petter Solberg outfit from the last Subaru WRC year in 2008 in the Special Outfit items.

I know of the DLC suit and this is not it. This is the standard full-face racing helmet with a Sparco Racing suit. The suit has "Subaru" branded across the chest instead of the logo over the left breast as is on the DLC suit.

NBE0hMB.jpg

5Bn6U4h.jpg

Completely different.

If you go into Arcade you will find that your driver/avatar has a manufacturer themed suit that corresponds with the car you're driving. They are unavailable for use in any other mode. However, the helmet is the one called Downforce, just doesn't have a manufacturer's emblem on it.

Isn't that the suit you always wear when driving a Subaru in the Arcade Mode and which the AI has when driving a Subbie?

EDIT: Too slow. Was like that in Prologue already.

If you go into Arcade you will find that your driver/avatar has a manufacturer themed suit that corresponds with the car you're driving. They are unavailable for use in any other mode. However, the helmet is the one called Downforce, just doesn't have a manufacturer's emblem on it.

Isn't that the suit you always wear when driving a Subaru in the Arcade Mode and which the AI has when driving a Subbie?

EDIT: Too slow. Was like that in Prologue already.

I know this, please see my original post, not the clarification post.

Probably manufacturers request. I'm sure Mercedes doesn't want you driving an SLS in an Audi suit and vice versa.

If that's the case then Mercedes is not doing a good job on that front. You can use that Ford rally suit and drive around in a Benz.

That's a good point. The only thing I can think of is those suits would licensed by the race teams and not specifically by the manufacturer.

Nice post. :) I can't really comment anything on it since I don't know how to word it in english. However I can say that you pretty sum almost everything on why I still love Gran Turismo, and appreciate everyone's work at PD.

On the Subie suits, maybe Kaz/someone at PD thought it was a bad idea?
On GT you're regularly changing your car, and having to change your suit everytime you change your car wouldn't be too productive.
(However, a system like the "glitch suit" uses could work, but I don't know if it'd be possible to add and change logos everytime.)

Remeber the SSR7 Glitch. Its like That ._. i dont know how the hell i did it though. Spun while learnin to drift with G27 and made me 360 right on thle line nad 2sex appeared.

:grumpy:

For those who have that perspective as well about Kaz, PD, or the GT series, you should read this to see it from another perspective at the very least.

Great post Jak, much appreciated addition to community.

Sadly, it will be drowned in the sea of irrelevant chat, but if that means anything to you, I had it bookmarked for future reference 👍

A new brand coming soon in Gran Turismo 5.

For teasing the Disco Volante, the coachbuilder Touring Superleggera has partnered with the most realistic game simulator ; Gran Turismo !
Where did you get the source from??
I highly doubt it.
There is no viable source as to where it originated. Plus, that doesn't even look rendered in gt5.
so maybe this car will be really in GT5
here is my source
"be sure we are already at work to get the Disco Volante in Gran Turismo 5. And thank you for your support."
:)👍
Take a picture of the email and show it to us then. If you do, I'll give you. Five gold chromes and. A 10 dollar PSN card.
I would like to see this email as well otherwise its just another rumour like the rest.

So who made that image? You? It's the only place it seems to appear on the internet.
no i just made the image from the email
i cant find a picture from the car with the same angle like in the picture
so maybe its allready made by PD

another_jakhole

Ok you definitely smacked me good with that post. That looked like a lot of hard work, thank you.

The problem, as I see it, is not how hard Kaz and PD work. It is the decision-making processes that seem to go on at PD's highest levels. Yes, working super hard to achieve 1080p at 60fps is great- but what are we to do with such visual splendor? Take photos? C'mon. We have a REALLY limited A-spec experience- which should be the meat of the game. A.I. characteristics are adjustable in Arcade? And even then we, the customer, have to do a ton of trial-and-error testing in order to get a good grid of competition cars to race against? And even after all of that you basically need to set-up your car to battle the mid-pack instead of the lonely rabbit-chase to try and win? All while not earning XP, money, or any sort of reward? Can't even refresh the UCD with these arcade races- so it's a bit of a joke. Arcade should NOT hold the best racing experience in GT5. (And don't even try to say "go online" ok? Waterbug, quantum-particle behavior of my opponents is certainly not teaching me any real-life racing lessons NOR is it any fun)

30+ car modellers compared to 2 A.I. programmers is another PD decision that we are dealing with. This game makes Sony hundreds of million$ in profit. If some of that boundless profit is not being re-invested in the company (like hiring more programmers) then I don't need to explain who suffers. Hopefully since the big office-move to Fukouka, they have hired some more people, and we'll see the results in GT6. Betting my paycheck on such hopes, though, would be a bit of a risk. This is the reason that some of us spend time and energy making posts about PD's flaws. We just want someone in there to see it and hopefully suggest improvements- because most of the flaws are simply decision-based. Very fixable stuff.

:nervous:

30+ car modellers compared to 2 A.I. programmers is another PD decision that we are dealing with. This game makes Sony hundreds of million$ in profit. If some of that boundless profit is not being re-invested in the company (like hiring more programmers) then I don't need to explain who suffers. Hopefully since the big office-move to Fukouka, they have hired some more people, and we'll see the results in GT6. Betting my paycheck on such hopes, though, would be a bit of a risk. This is the reason that some of us spend time and energy making posts about PD's flaws. We just want someone in there to see it and hopefully suggest improvements- because most of the flaws are simply decision-based. Very fixable stuff.

:nervous:

Well said. Constructive critism is always good as it is a motivator to improve, while complaints acts more like a demotivator. Sadly we see too many people who constantly complain about Kaz, PD & Sony. Sometimes people need to research the truth, rather than to speculate, of how the company operates. We know that PD has a limited number of employees, so product quantity will be limited. People need to realize, simple task can actually take an unprecedented amount of time, energy & capital to excute. Since everything is related to money precautionary steps are always taken to minimize loss, even if annoys their client aka consumers.

i cant find a picture from the car with the same angle like in the picture
so maybe its allready made by PD

Me neither, that doesn't mean it isn't there although I hope it's indeed a GT5 image which somehow got leaked, if that email of yours is genuine (which I don't doubt right now) it sure looks promising.
Could you tell the exact question you've asked as then the reply could be seen in the proper context?

Me neither, that doesn't mean it isn't there although I hope it's indeed a GT5 image which somehow got leaked, if that email of yours is genuine (which I don't doubt right now) it sure looks promising.
Could you tell the exact question you've asked as then the reply could be seen in the proper context?
my question was if the Disco Volante will be i GT5 or any other racing game
pretty cool that i get an answer :)👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back