GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in other words, no actual proof of a modeled cockpit or anything that says premium, you're simply assuming based on a high resolution screenshot.

How many high resolution screenshots do we have of Standard cars to know how they are supposed to compare?
Are you kidding??? :lol:

EDIT: It's enough looking at the headlights, or the gap between the doors and other body panels, or the poly count in general!

Not even remotely kidding. How many high resolution screenshots do we have of the standard cars in the game to compare their models to premium models?

Well, we know that the R8 LMS Race Car (not the LMP1 car) with the playstation livery is standard, but when was the other one (non liveried, silver R8) featured in a GT game before? GTPSP? It wasnt in GT4 nor GT5P, was it? If that's Standard is it a new standard or has it been in GTPSP?

Never been in GT before, the closest thing was the Audi Le Mans Concept in GT4, which is the predecessor to the R8 road car.

So it would be interesting to compare the standard model of a clearly new car such as the R8 LMS to a premium car.

Not even remotely kidding. How many high resolution screenshots do we have of the standard cars in the game to compare their models to premium models?
We have a high definition video, which was more than enough to realize they are GT4 models.

Just to help you out, here is a complete list of all the premium cars seen so far. Believe me, it's accurate.

Acura
NSX '91

Alfa Romeo
147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06
8C Competizione '09
Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06

Amuse
S2000 GT1 Turbo
380RS Superleggera (Z33)
(Opera Performance) 350Z RS Gran Turismo

Art Morrison
Corvette Roadster '60 (C1-gen)

ASL
ARTA Garaiya SuperGT '08

Aston Martin
DB9 Coupe '06

Audi
R8 5.2 FSI V10 '10
R8 4.2 R-Tronic '07
R10 TDI Le Mans '06
TT 3.2 Quattro '07
TTS Coupe '09

Blitz
Dunlop Skyline ER34 D1GP '07

BMW
135i Coupe '07
135tii Concept '08
M3 Coupe '07
M5 '08
Z4 3.0i '03
Z4 M Coupe '08

Chevrolet
Camaro Z28 '69
Camaro SS '10
Corvette Convertible (C3-gen) '69
Corvette Z06 (C6-gen) '06
Corvette ZR-1 (C6-gen) '09
Impala #14 Tony Stewart NASCAR '10
Impala #24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR '10
Impala #42 Juan Pablo Montoya NASCAR '10
Impala #48 Jimmie Johnson NASCAR '10
Impala #88 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. NASCAR '10

Citroën
C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '06
C4 WRC '08
GT Concept

Daihatsu
Copen Active Top '02
OFC-1 Concept '07

Dodge
Challenger 426 Hemi R/T '70
Challenger SRT8 '09
Viper GTS '02
Viper SRT10 Coupe
Viper SRT10 ACR '08

Ferrari
330 P4 Race Car '67
458 Italia '09
512BB '76
599GTB Fiorano '06
California '09
Enzo '02
F2007 '07
F40 '92
F430 '06

Fiat
500 F '68
500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08

Ford
Focus ST '06
Focus RS WRC07 '08
Fusion #99 NASCAR '10
GT '06
GT LM Edition Spec-II Test Car
Mustang GT Premium '07
Mark IV Race Car '67

High End Performance
G37 '07

HKS
CT230R '08

Honda
Integra Type-R (DC5-gen) '04
NSX Type-R (2nd gen) '02
NSX ARTA SuperGT '06
NSX Takata Dome SuperGT '06
NSX Raybrig SuperGT '06

HPA
TT '07

Infiniti
G35 Coupe

Jaguar
XKR Coupe '10
XK Coupe '06
XJ13 Race Car '66

Lamborghini
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Murciélago LP 640 '07
Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67

Lancia
Delta HF Intergrale Evoluzione '91

Lexus
IS350 WedsSport SuperGT '08
IS F '07
IS F Racing Concept '08
SC430 Bandai Direzza SuperGT '06
SC430 Petronas Tom's SuperGT '08
SC430 Denso Dunlop SARD SuperGT '08

Lotus
Elise '96
Elise 111R '04
Esprit V8 '02
Evora '09

Maserati
Gran Turismo S

Mazda
787B Le Mans '91
Atenza Sport '07
Eunos Roadster (NA-gen) '89
RX-7 (FC-gen) '90
RX-7 Spirit-R Type-A (FD-gen) '02
RX-8 Type-S '03

McLaren
F1 '94

Mercedes-Benz
300SL Coupe '54
C63 AMG '08
SL55 AMG '02
SLR McLaren '09
SLS AMG '10

Mine's
Skyline GT-R N1 Base (R34-gen) '06

Mini
Cooper S '06

Mitsubishi
Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium '07

Nissan
Fairlady Z (Z34-gen) '10
Fairlady Z Version S (Z33-gen) '07
Fairlady Z Xanavi Nismo SuperGT '06
GT-R Proto concept '05
GT-R "Black Mask" prototype '07
GT-R '08
GT-R Spec-V '09
GT-R Xanavi Nismo SuperGT '08
GT-R Motul Autech SuperGT '08
GT-R Calsonic Impul SuperGT '08
GT-R Yellow Hat YMS Tomica SuperGT '08
Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32-gen) '94
Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33-gen) '97
Skyline GT-R V-Spec Nur (R34-gen) '02
Skyline 370GT Type SP Coupe (V36-gen) '07
Skyline 350GT Type SP Sedan (V36-gen) '06
Skyline Coupe Concept '07

Pagani
Zonda R '09

Peugeot
908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot Sport '10

RE Amemiya
RX-7 Aspara Drink JGTC '06

Renault
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

Shelby
Cobra 427 '??

Subaru
Impreza Sedan WRX STi '10
Impreza WRX STi Spec-C Type-RA (GD-III gen) '05
Impreza WRX STi BBS Wheel Option (GE gen) '08
Impreza WRC98 '98
Impreza WRC2008 '08

Suzuki
Cappuccino '95
Cervo SR '07
Swift Sport '07
SX4 WRC '08

Tesla
Roadster '08

Toyota
Camry #11 Denny Hamlin NASCAR '10
Camry #18 Kyle Busch NASCAR '10
Camry #20 Joey Logano NASCAR '10
Camry #55 Michael Waltrip NASCAR '10
Camry #83 Brian Vickers NASCAR '10
Prius '10
Celica GT-Four TTE WRC '95
FT-86 Concept '09
FT-86 G Sports Concept '10
Supra GT Turbo A '88
Supra Castrol Tom's JGTC '97
Supra YellowHat YMS SuperGT '05

TVR
Tamora '02
Tuscan Speed Six '00

Volkswagen
Golf IV GTi '01
Golf V GTi '05

Volvo
C30 R-Design '09

Never been in GT before, the closest thing was the Audi Le Mans Concept in GT4, which is the predecessor to the R8 road car.

So it would be interesting to compare the standard model of a clearly new car such as the R8 LMS to a premium car.

So you're saying the R8 LMS Silver with Black (carbon?) blades is a NEW car? It's essentially the SAME car as the Playstation liveried car, but without the livery. This is interesting. I wonder if it's standard or premium. Is it even said? (can't read Japanese)

The R8 LMS with the PlayStation livery is listed under Standard on gran-turismo.com

So is the Lamborghini Countach, another new car to the series.

We have a high definition video, which was more than enough to realize they are GT4 models.

Just to help you out, here is a complete list of all the premium cars seen so far. Believe me, it's accurate.

Chevrolet
Camaro Z28 '69

Oh really? Then why is the 1969 Camaro Z28 featured in the "Standard Cars" video on gran-turismo.com?

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gallery/d5258.html

Where has it been indicated that the standard cars in GT5 are simply the existing GT4 models, unmodified?

The R8 LMS with the PlayStation livery is listed under Standard on gran-turismo.com

I realize that, in fact i stated that a couple posts ago. I'm asking if the SILVER R8LMS is new. And you replied it is. So it hasn't been featured on any other GT game, not even GTPSP? If this is true, and if it is Standard, maybe the standards won't be so bad after all. I can only hope. But then again, it MIGHT be premium. I hope it is.

Both the plain liveried R8 LMS and the black PlayStation Audi R8 LMS are entirely new, or at least I'm not aware of them being in GT PSP, but they certainly are not in GT4 or any other console version of GT.

Both versions (livery & "naked") of the R8 LMS are in GT PSP. The "naked" one has some colours to choose from, including silver, black, red, blue and others. The PlayStation livery one has no other liveries to choose from.

27400669.jpg

click here for blue one

Last edited:
It's not. It's the SS, look again...

Here. Isn't that obvious from the video?

Yes, wrong car, but this still does not address the comparison of premium versus standard cars on the same resolution.

And no, I'm not reading a 297 page thread. The standard video doesn't make anything obvious, it only makes for a lot of assumptions.

The Camaro Z28 was playable in the GamesCom Demo and listed as Premium.

EDIT: No, it wasn't. Must have mistaken it with the Corvette.

Yes, wrong car, but this still does not address the comparison of premium versus standard cars on the same resolution.

And no, I'm not reading a 297 page thread. The standard video doesn't make anything obvious, it only makes for a lot of assumptions.
We've had good comparisons in that thread which proves the standard cars are taken straight from GT4, so if you haven't spent time there that's your problem. I on the other hand, know my facts and if you don't want to believe me, that's your problem as well.

Here are a couple of comparisons to begin with:

2dw6r7a.jpg

img0000tf.jpg

2mov9cn.png

The only things improved from GT4 are lighting and reflections.

@Strittan:

It's possible (although obviously not 100% sure) that some Standard cars might turn out to have Premium exterior bodies and damage, but no internal views.

From what we know so far (your list!), for example, there's at least one premium model of each R32・33・34 Nissan Skyline. With some very minor tweaking it would be possible to visually upgrade standard versions of all variations (V-Spec, V-spec II M-Spec, midnight purple, N1, etc) to premium bodies. However as interiors might have more extensive changes (I don't know. Didn't the N1 Nur version for example have very "spartan" interiors with bucket seats, etc?), they might not be modeled in such cases.

Would they still be considered Premium cars, if they won't have internal views?
We have seen in past games (GTHD, GT5-Prologue demo) that some premium-level cars might have blackened out windows (GT-R proto, Evo X proto) because they don't have modeled interiors.

@Strittan:

It's possible (although obviously not 100% sure) that some Standard cars might turn out to have Premium exterior bodies and damage, but no internal views.

From what we know so far (your list!), for example, there's at least one premium model of each R32・33・34 Nissan Skyline. With some very minor tweaking it would be possible to visually upgrade standard versions of all variations (V-Spec, V-spec II M-Spec, midnight purple, N1, etc) to premium bodies. However as interiors might have more extensive changes (I don't know. Didn't the N1 Nur version for example have very "spartan" interiors with bucket seats, etc?), they might not be modeled in such cases.
I thought everyone agreed that we do NOT want multiple Skyline's of the same generation, so what's your point? It would just be stupid by PD to spend time upgrading them the least bit in my opinion. One of each gen is enough...

Look, there are standard cars and there are premium cars. If there was anything in between I think we'd know by now.

EDIT: We're not 100% sure as you say, but I personally can't see a reason why you would be right about this. That's just me though.

...Your proof that the cars are simply the existing GT4 renders is the fact that the cars look the same? If they're rendered accurately, why would they look different?

What does appear obvious is that the screenshots for GT5 you provided show much cleaner and precise cars than the ones you show of GT4. Which would indicate some improvement of some kind to the GT4 models.

Do you really think they spent all these years just to give us 200 new renderings? So no, you and that thread have not yet proved a thing. I will not be adding cars as premium until there is some more concrete evidence other than "It looks premium".

I thought everyone agreed that we do NOT want multiple Skyline's of the same generation,
Everyone? Not me.
so what's your point? It would just be stupid by PD to spend time upgrading them the least bit in my opinion. One of each gen is enough...
My point is that it would be stupid as well to have standard cars that in real life externally are very similar (when not essentially identical) to existing premium cars to still have PS2-gen 3D models. Upgrading at least their bodies would be beneficial to the game and require very little added efforts. If PD already subtly did this, then telling whether a car is Premium or Standard might be harder than you think.

Look, there are standard cars and there are premium cars. If there was anything in between I think we'd know by now.

EDIT: We're not 100% sure as you say, but I personally can't see a reason why you would be right about this. That's just me though.
I guess we'll know that in a few days at the TGS. If there will be way more Premiums than originally thought or if there will be something between the two categories we know, that will be the right time to disclose this info.

I thought everyone agreed that we do NOT want multiple Skyline's of the same generation

No way would I agree to that. And that goes for any car not just Skylines.

Eish, you guys are all good, but in 50 days time, all of this will go down the rabbits hole, and when u wake up on the other side, u would know exactly what's what when u hold GT5 in your hand.

SO, it's all pointless now at this late stage.

No disrespect to the owner of this thread for what u wanted to achieve, but we can all see here that no one wants to be proved wrong, and everyone wants to be right.

...Your proof that the cars are simply the existing GT4 renders is the fact that the cars look the same? If they're rendered accurately, why would they look different?

What does appear obvious is that the screenshots for GT5 you provided show much cleaner and precise cars than the ones you show of GT4. Which would indicate some improvement of some kind to the GT4 models.

Do you really think they spent all these years just to give us 200 new renderings? So no, you and that thread have not yet proved a thing. I will not be adding cars as premium until there is some more concrete evidence other than "It looks premium".
I guess it's your problem then - to me (and a few others it seems) the difference is like night and day.

So in other words, no actual proof of a modeled cockpit or anything that says premium, you're simply assuming based on a high resolution screenshot.

How many high resolution screenshots do we have of Standard cars to know how they are supposed to compare?

It's actually quite simple to be sure the Maserati GranTurismo is a Premium car ( apart from the rather obvious visual evidence ) as Kaz stated somewhere all new additions to the series are Premium.
The Countach and R8 LMS are Standard because they were already included in GT-PSP so they're not new to the series.
Some cars which already were in the series before are rebuild as Premium ( for example the 300SL, Esprit, E60 M5, etc. ) but at least the cars which are new to the series ( never been seen before in any GT-game ) can surely be nothing else than Premium as Standards are upgraded old assets.

Yes, as I said, the reflections and lighting is improved. The models are the same, and has the same poly count as in GT4. Still don't understand?

Last edited:
Fair enough. However, I recall quite many were complaining about there being 7 or so Skyline R34's in GT4.

EDIT: Sorry for double.

There were 11 stock R34 Skylines in GT4.
However I don't really think that the later 10 versions took the same amount of time as the first one to model. The same could be said for Premium models (remember KY mentioning that each car in GT5 takes 6 months to model? surely it doesn't take 6 months to change a spoiler, wheels or adding air ducts to the hood or the front bumper).

Yes, as I said, the reflections and lighting is improved. The models are the same, and has the same poly count as in GT4. Still don't understand?

I'm pretty sure we know that they don't have the same poly count as GT4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back