GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
The forum is more and more about the same - wishlists and guesses - as we have no news from PD now, not even one image. It's just worrying.

I've not touched this game in months...well, because it was a disappointment on the whole. What I want them to at least sort:

- Fix the Ferrari F2007's physics and sounds. They be awful.

- Collision physics are all wrong -- PD, go play Forza 2 (or even GRID) to see what I mean

- More online options

What i really WANT above all the obvious is for PD to fix the bloody SHADOWS in the GAME! They look horrible sometimes they look nice and smooth as it should then it just goes to the dogs!

Why cant they fix this? if they already have some SMOOTH SHADOWS why not make it all smooth? even on the cars outside you watch it and u can see grayed shadows with grid lines through it even when you run over the sand a little bit..

I've not touched this game in months...well, because it was a disappointment on the whole. What I want them to at least sort:

- Fix the Ferrari F2007's physics and sounds. They be awful.

I actually disagree. I think that the F1 game guys could learn a thing or two from PD. I can actually drive the F2007 in GT. Gave up on the other game after about 30 minutes. Was uncontrollable.

A good update for Spec 4 is when you miss a grid position online, you get priority to the next race that is going to be set up,for example: I have to Re-Enter player matching about 10 times before I get into a race.

Private lobbies
better engine sounds
the nurburgring

a suzuki tl1000s (my bike) ;-)

ENGINE SOUNDS!!!! ya cars in gt sound liike they all have 8 mufflers
thats one thing i give too FORZA , theyre cars sound so nice that it makes me cry sometimes ,,, in forza yuo can tell youre driving a viper by the sound , in gt the viper is just a pinch louder than the capuccino

Engine sounds still need a massive improvement. Good engine sounds adds 200% to the enjoyment and imersion factor of a driving game (imo) ! Agreed, the Dodge Viper sounds poor. Some cars sound OK (Mercedes-Benz SL55, Golf GTi) and most sound terrible / very inaccurate (Viper, Impreza, TVR Tuscan) ! I'll never forget how disappointed I was with GT4's Audi Quattro sound. I don't think they even tried to capture the unique sound of the Audi straight-5 pot :(

ENGINE SOUNDS!!!! ya cars in gt sound liike they all have 8 mufflers
thats one thing i give too FORZA , theyre cars sound so nice that it makes me cry sometimes ,,, in forza yuo can tell youre driving a viper by the sound , in gt the viper is just a pinch louder than the capuccino

Having poor engine sounds just really spoils the whole experience for me. some cars sound good but mostly the sound of the cars all the way through the franchise has been poor to say the least.

We see next gen graphics, but where is next gen sound? EA with there car franchises have always sounded better than what PD have offered, even on the PS2!!

Forza have done a good job, lets see GT up the game a bit, with some nice rich full body exhaust sounds!!

Last edited:
I reckon the Viper sounds pretty accurate, just nowhere near loud/bassy enough. Pretty much like most of the cars actually.

Engine sounds could be better, but they are A LOT better than they used to be.

I agree with you on that. I know everyone feels like the sound arent that great, but with surround sound it sounds pretty good to me! I could understand why one would like the sounds in forza, but to me they sound to loud and deep. To me GTP sounds more natural. Are you guys running a surround sound system?

Damage is not just for you to hit things... straining suspensions by jumping curbs over 45 laps is damaging to a car. You can lose your spoiler or front lip the same way. You can blow your engine by overreving often...

People always think about damage as those spectacular crashes... but the truth is, racing cars are extremely fragile if not taken care of properly.

I remember in Forza2, while very "arcadey" in implementation, by over revving your car it would break the engine and degrade performance radically.

+1 and also tire wear. If this was to be in the next update this would change racing online drastically. Nice call:tup:

No surround here. I'd really like a comparison with the exact same setup where one switches from Steroeo to Surround in Prologue.

don't see why surround should make the cars sound better, you only hear the engine though the rear speakers and they are probably lower quality then the fronts...

don't see why surround should make the cars sound better, you only hear the engine though the rear speakers and they are probably lower quality then the fronts...

I run my surround with a with an hdmi cable and Im not a sound expert however i did a comparison with surround on and off :crazy: its like playing two different games. With the surround and sub pumping it sound pretty intense. Just my opinion though

i play gt5p with a surround sound ive got speakers next too the TV and i got 2 speakers on my POD , at my cusins ,he run forza2 on a ****** 27inch tube TV (on mono) and it barebacks the gt5 sound

It's more about the dynamic rage you get from quality surround sound systems. The sounds could be better though, most cars sounds seems to lack "character".

PRIVATE ROOMS:idea:!!! This feature is LONG OVERDUE! I'm so sick of racing agianst 1 person in the suzuka 650pp race! Switching to private rooms where you create your own races would be SUCH an improvement. Add a fuel gauge, tire wear, and a pit crew, and you could hold an endurance race! :D:D:bowdown::drool::crazy::crazy::crazy:👍

btw, PLEASE PD re-do the sounds for the tuned Z06, Viper, & GTLM!!! There is absloutely NO american roar whatsoever (if youve been to and ALMS race youll know what I mean..)

Yesterday i played gt5p with my brand new AKG K530 headphones (wich are really great!) and asked "me where is the sound"? this headphones have an awesome bass but nothing to hear in gt5p from the cars... normally it got to blow my head...
So I hope too for sound improvement...

btw, PLEASE PD re-do the sounds for the tuned Z06, Viper, & GTLM!!! There is absloutely NO american roar whatsoever (if youve been to and ALMS race youll know what I mean..)

Actually, I think the sounds for these tuned cars are nealy spot on. Yes - they lack the American roar but because they are tuned engines, they will make a different noise. Take the (real life) Aston DBR9. That's got something like a 6L V12 and it makes a pretty high pitched whine. Making these tuned cars sound more like they would in NFS would make them feel more like a home based bodge job rather than a highly strung piece of race track weaponry. In NFS, the noise is more appealing to people who want to feel like they're going fast were as the realistic noise featured in GT is more appealing to people who knw they're going fast.

It's not all bad for you though - the 'vette and the 'vette tuned sound almost exactly the same form the cockpit and both GTs are similar too.

I'd like to see selectable engine sounds. So if you pick bumper view for visual, you can select chase view sound. That would solve the problem of poor sound for me.

Back