GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
The stock Corvette and Viper in GT5: P sound weak too - I don't think whether they're tuned or not is the point. I know the sounds have improved, but they're way off most PC sims and Forza, Need For Speed etc. It can't be that GT5: P's are realistic, and most other race games suggested above are not.

The engine sounds don't even change under load. Sound the same on light throttle, in neutral or when the foot is floored at mid revs whilst driving up an incline.

I think PD record the sounds of the engine when the car is stationary and therefore it's never under load.

i have a question (doh it sounds sarcastic its not)and its a little off topic but still within this sound discussion

for ppl who use buttkickers ,how does the experience feel?(since the sound is so muffled) do you feel the difference in the buttkicker when youre full on or just idling?

PD is just doing things the way they do ten years, don't look to other games and this is the consequence. I highly recommend change the sound designer immediately, because it seems he can't progress things further, no more. The subtle changes are not enough, otherwise GT will be more and more just about blingbling graphics...

I want Gunsai Touge to be added to the GT5 tracks, even just in the full GT% that is an awesome stretch of road, and have online battles 1on 1 awesome hours of fun

This advocacy is just ridiculous. Check the real Corvette C5R sound and compare it. Tuned vette in GT5p sounds like japanese R4 1.3 litre! :crazy:

I also agree that it is rediculous how some people actually think the sounds in GT5P are "good". I was highly disappointed when I purchased Prologue only to find out how horrible the sounds were in the game. It is an improvement over the previous game but not by much.

Anyone remember the 2nd trailer for GT5P before the demo was even out? I'm talking about this trailer.

Listen to the sounds of the cars in the background as the pit crew were looking over the 350Z and hear the roar of the race engine in the Z as it sped down the straight of the Nurburgring. Listen to the Ferrari and Audi in the trailer because it sounds like the engine is actually under load! Then listen to the echo and the beautiful sounds the cars made as they accelerate pass with the camera hovering above.

This is what I want the sounds to be like in the final game! Is that too much to ask? I mean, they already have those types of sound file in order to create the trailer so it would only seem fitting to put it in the game!

Yeah i also hoped PD will include these sounds, but they always did that since GT1, so i wasnt really disappointed. LOL

P.S.: I dont think thats the Nürburgring there. ;)

I thought it was the long straight before the end of the track. Now that I watched it again, you're right. Whoops. lol

Another thing I would like to add besides the Throttle Cut BS when you're in the grass or sand is the rev limiter. In first gear, hitting the rev limiter seems more realistic but in the higher gears, it just all goes to hell. Anyone know what I'm talking about? In all the gears, you will hit the limiter and the car will just bog then revs to hit the limiter again and then bogs again. This really hurts your speed when it bogs down like that instead of just bouncing off the limiter.

This is a very important thing they need to fix because on certain tracks. The limiter is your friend when track (Nurburgring) has sections that is a little longer than your gear but not long enough to switch to the next gear only to hit the corner and have to brake then downshift. Not important if you're playing with a gamepad and using auto transmission but for the people who plays with a G25 + Clutch, it's important.:)

Last edited:
In first gear, hitting the rev limiter seems more realistic but in the higher gears, it just all goes to hell. Anyone know what I'm talking about? In all the gears, you will hit the limiter and the car will just bog then revs to hit the limiter again and then bogs again. This really hurts your speed when it bogs down like that instead of just bouncing off the limiter.

This is a very important thing they need to fix because on certain tracks. The limiter is your friend when track (Nurburgring) has sections that is a little longer than your gear but not long enough to switch to the next gear only to hit the corner and have to brake then downshift. Not important if you're playing with a gamepad and using auto transmission but for the people who plays with a G25 + Clutch, it's important.:)

Thats because GT has a preset amount of rev drop until the limiter disables, so at low speeds in short gears it is easy to bounce off it without being 'bogged' down as rev gain and loss is easy but at higher speeds and longer gears rev gain or loss is much slower (not including neutral obviously). This is true in real life to an extent with most cars but not as exaggerated.

I personally would like them to remove the limiter on old engines that don't have it in real life, allow the engine torque curve drop off so harshly the engine wont rev any further (slower accel in the upper range too) and/or allow engine damage which ever comes first :D

For example my first car would only hold 5200rpm as the valve train could not keep up efficiently to rev any further hence the engine had no more power, many engines will destroy themselves before that happens though.

Also even on electronically rev limited engines you should be able to rev past the limiter if you downshift too early by dragging the engine up by the wheel speed and gearing. In real life the electronic limiter cant stop that and engine damage can and does occur. Maybe this will allow GT to better simulate engine compression lock if the software doesn't magically limit the revs to limiter on way too early downshifts, this will seperate some of the men from the boys for the guys that love to constantly bounce off limiter as they downshift for corners while braking.

Even the ability to reset the rev limiter would be nice, some cars are almost still gaining power when the rev limiter stops you. Of course, that is using the arcade like modification in GT5:P where it's pushing the power to higher rpm ranges the more you increase the power. I think in GT4 you power curve remained pretty much the same unless you were adding different forced induction.

The rev limiter "bog" in higher gears is definitely over exaggerated in the GT series. :lol:

Since you seem to be a fan of Vipers, I'll post this video to show what I'm talking about.

Heh I was thinking of that same video as was reading your post.

I thought of another rev limiter issue GT has which I hope they fix.
In GT4 often you have a car which reaches it's top speed easily because it is not geared far enough, as I test the cars on Nurburgring I reach the steep downhill section with softbends overshadowed by trees which allows the cars to accelerate very fast, when the car is at it's maximum speed possible under it's own power it manages to roll above it's usual top speed by gravity but then limiter kicks in and it somehow manages to drag the engine revs (and speed) down. If I was to just let off the throttle instead the car still gains speed due to gravity of going down hill yet somehow rev limiter magically makes the engine slow down and beat gravity.

I would just mainly like online lobbys with chat like in FC, these would improve the online experience 100%. The online with this is very impersonal and not very involved so i get bored quickly, and from what i can tell there is no way to use my mic?! Or talk to anyone for that matter.

Anyway as a sidenote all further GT5 trailers should be played to the GT1 intro music! That was amazing.

i want to see new tracks, trial mountain, grand valley speedway, laguna seca, and one i can't think of the name (trial mountain type course)

seinfeld: Gunsai Touge and Nordschleife in one game would be almost endless fun...

+1

These two tracks can make a dream game!

I also think that GT5P sounds needs to be improved. They are really better than GT4, but hope see improved sounds in full GT5. Also I hope see better BOV sounds, and backfire in cars like Mine's BNR34. If some day we have a Spec IV update, hope see these sounds improvements.

I'd like to have the option to remove all information from the screen. Map, gauges, everything, even the timer to not to worry about lap times. Only me and my car on track every now and then .. Would be very therapeutic.

I'd like to have the option to remove all information from the screen. Map, gauges, everything, even the timer to not to worry about lap times. Only me and my car on track every now and then .. Would be very therapeutic.

i was looking for that option just the other day. glad you brought that up, as i want to learn the tracks without having the flashing recommended gear

Deep Forest.👍

Deep Forest is the one with the tunnel and when you exit the tunnel, the sun is shining through the trees, right? I remember dislocating my jaw when I exited the tunnel and saw how freaking beautiful it was. Never seen anything so beautiful in a racing game before that. I can't wait to see how amazing it will look in GT5 with the power of the PS3!:eek:

I would like this too. Since the in-car gauges work, I'd like to use them and only them. Makes the experience more realistic.

Deep Forest is the one with the tunnel and when you exit the tunnel, the sun is shining through the trees, right?

Pretty sure that is trial mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-WY...rgt-129732/2208455381&feature=player_embedded

That's the one I was thinking about. Trial Mountain! I love exiting the tunnel on that course.:) Can't wait to see how amazing it'll look in GT5 when it comes out in 2020.

Someone should do an evolution of Trial Mountain video as well as all the other tracks to show the changes over the years and thru the games.

And after watching that vid of TM the flames out the tips is so awesome! I forgot how cool it is!

Back