GT5 to GT6 transition

lozzy1234567890
When GT6 eventually comes out, would PD implement the option of being able to transfer cars you own in GT5 into GT6 like GTpsp does with GT5? Or would this be too easy and ruin the game so PD won't let users transfer cars from GT5?

Didnt you have the chance to transfer some credits from GT3 to 4 when it came out? I seem to remember somethig about it. I think that would be ok but if you kept all your cars wouldnt A-spec just be a chore?

In GT4 you were able to transfer 100,000 credits for sure and your A and B license I do believe
I would like to see the same when it comes to GT5 and GT6

It would be nice if purchased DLC cars were available in your garage but as long as they are in GT6 along with the DLC tracks I'll be okay with it. The option to transfer your garage is nice but something I would't use. I do like starting fresh.

I remember as well that you could transfer 10 Million credits from GT Concept to GT3. Not quite the same though.

It'd be an interesting idea to transfer all of your cars from GT5 to GT6, but like many have said so far, there's nothing starting with a clean slate.

Didnt you have the chance to transfer some credits from GT3 to 4 when it came out? I seem to remember somethig about it. I think that would be ok but if you kept all your cars wouldnt A-spec just be a chore?

Yes. You could transfer 100,000 credits from GT3 to GT4, giving you 110,000 credits to start the game with.

I'd rather start fresh again with some extra money from GT5. I'd also like it if GT5 DLC cars could also be transferred to GT6.

My initial reaction would be that I'd prefer to start from the beginning ... however, by the time GT6 comes out, I'll probably have spent quite a bit on DLC, so feel I ought to be able to have these.

I doubt that the DLC that we paid for in GT5 will transition to GT6.
They'll be already included in the game, if anything.

All this largely depends on if GT6 will be on the PS3 or on how the PS4 is made to program for. The PS3 was intentionally made difficult. The Vita was made simple to program for, and more importantly, it's simple to port PS3 games to.

Because of the Vita, I think GT6 will be on the PS4, and I believe we'll be getting regular updates for the time being. It's been well over a year now, and the updates have begun to add more interesting changes since Spec 2. I've been expecting more changes to the Course Maker mode, or at least, A REVERSE BUTTON.

Magic 8 ball seems to think to 'most likely'.

8ball.jpg

The UCD HAS to be different the next time around. ^^^

I'm thinking, but not positive, that there have been enough complaints about it that they see it's a problem. I still think the level system for the cars should stay as long as XP can be received quickly enough like in the Seasonal Events. Level 40 is way too high for normal people to get to in GT5, so the system they have now won't be good for the next game if they keep the level system for the cars.

This was something that was hinted at when Prologue was out. I don't remember where I've read it, but it is a feature Kaz wants to include in the future, but wasn't able to implement for the full version of GT5. I suppose it also depends on whether or not GT6 comes out for the PS3 or the PS4.

I have never cared about porting over anything from a previous GT to another. The reason why is because I want to be challenged with a new GT. Everything I've done in a previous GT title means nothing in the next one- I want to be challenged and go from nobody to somebody without needing to port over anything. So assuming GT6 shows up on the PS3, I'd rather let the new GT challenge me rather than try to port over anything.

I'd like my already bought DLC to be open in GT6 but not in my garage. Really nothing else. Starting is one of the greatest bits of Gran Turismo!

When GT6 eventually comes out, would PD implement the option of being able to transfer cars you own in GT5 into GT6 like GTpsp does with GT5? Or would this be too easy and ruin the game so PD won't let users transfer cars from GT5?

this game is XXXX now due to trade resrticions 👍 gt6 will be a joke as well

I have never cared about porting over anything from a previous GT to another. The reason why is because I want to be challenged with a new GT. Everything I've done in a previous GT title means nothing in the next one- I want to be challenged and go from nobody to somebody without needing to port over anything. So assuming GT6 shows up on the PS3, I'd rather let the new GT challenge me rather than try to port over anything.
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Some people want the cars to be 100% open from the start, so I think we can agree (if not, then ehhh...) that that's not what we'd like to see. GT needs to keep some of it's "original" ideas intact.

At one point there was talk of being able to bring your GT5:P data over to GT5, or at least some of it. How'd that work out? I expect a GT5-to-GT6 transition to follow that same pattern, especially if GT6 ends up being on an entirely new console (PS4).

And really, what would be the point of starting the game with all licenses, nearly all the cars, and 20,000,000 credits? Doesn't really leave you much to work for, does it?

ETA: It'd be nice to be able to carry over the DLC we paid for, but I wouldn't count on that, either. I don't recall seeing other games that did so. Could your keep all your weapons from MW2 when you started MW3? (I'm asking because I honestly don't know, never having played either of those games)

It'd be nice to be able to carry over the DLC we paid for, but I wouldn't count on that, either. I don't recall seeing other games that did so. Could your keep all your weapons from MW2 when you started MW3? (I'm asking because I honestly don't know, never having played either of those games)

Based on how the DLC applies to GT-Mode currently, I'd say the best choice is that we have the DLC we've already bought unlocked but not in our garage IF it appears in GT6 as DLC as well. It'd be outrageous charging you twice for essentially the same car.

Just to offer up a different viewpoint... a friend told me just today that he would not under any circumstances purchase GT6 if he was unable to bring his GT5 cars over. He thoroughly enjoys his 1000+ car garage now, but he feels the hoops he had to go through to get the cars took some enjoyment out of the game. For a while, there weren't many big money races out there to collect the necessary cash to get, say, a Sauber or 787, so he was churning and burning through AmChams just to rack up the money. I see both sides of it.

Going out on a limb here... I have a sneaking suspicion that, PS3 or PS4, there's a good chance GT6 is going to offer something that will make it irresistible, even to my friend. Call it a hunch.

This is how I'd like GT6 to begin for me.

I'm a washed up low life wannabe exiled Kart racer.
I have to do one lap on (insert track here) with (insert car here) and achieve my best possible time.
Gold= XX,XXX amount of money.
Silver= XX,XXX amount of money.
Bronze= XX,XXX amount of money.
This money is borrowed from the dealer of your choice to purchase your first car.
The dealer signs you as a driver to pay it back, and advance your career. Your winnings will not be so much as to pay for the car within just a few races. It should take you a few days of play to satisfy the loan and progress.

The AI should provide an extreme enough challenge to cause you to sweat, because if you do not gold the races in your contract, the dealer drops you and repossess the vehicle.

That's right, now you must start over with the original dealer unavailable. Choose dealer #2 and your off again.

Let's rethink A-spec folks and give PD some serious feedback as how to structure it to make it very immersive. Your thoughts and input around here are appreciated and listened to, let your mind wander no matter how crazy and post up something!

Back