GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
I find all online races are too short, though the current F430 Suzuka 3lap isn't too bad.

2 laps on Eiger is just pathetic, you spend more time waiting to start, it's like a 3 minute race.

Yea the F430 race is a refreshing change from 2 laps of london/eiger but i'm hoping they will increase the length of them even if it's just for the 'professional' events:)

Just found at GT-Website:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d1758.html

For North America and Europe the request regarding the test event

2008 January 22nd

January 22nd (the wood) ' the グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' for the North American and Europe test event is added to the online event from around 10 o'clock in the afternoon. As for the corresponding event event name has become alphabet inscription.

Because of the overseas tester private event, when the your general customer is done entry, there is a possibility trouble occurring. As for the your general customer to refrain that it can receive, entry to the corresponding event we ask.

Understanding of the customer we ask cooperation.
Translation by babelfish

The "Test-Race" is already online. In Online-Event scroll down.

Just found at GT-Website:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d1758.html

Translation by babelfish

The "Test-Race" is already online. In Online-Event scroll down.

yep,correcto...just raced it for 30 min....won 5 times easely and all the others where ruined by "bashers" and "bangers"....but thats nothing new now is it:grumpy:

what the question for me is:what is the actual meening of the usa - european contest????is it cars??(there are also nissans running)..is it your id???.....:indiff:

yep,correcto...just raced it for 30 min....won 5 times easely and all the others where ruined by "bashers" and "bangers"....but thats nothing new now is it:grumpy:

what the question for me is:what is the actual meening of the usa - european contest????is it cars??(there are also nissans running)..is it your id???.....:indiff:

Not exactly USA - EU contest, more like a inter-continental network test event for USA and EU players that they can collect more statistics.

IMO, thisis bascially a precursor to the EU/NA launch of prologue. They are testing the EU/NA hub for EU/NA players.

IMO, thisis bascially a precursor to the EU/NA launch of prologue. They are testing the EU/NA hub for EU/NA players.

ok,diddnt think of that but it sounds totally logical dudes:sly:....(....and now one with somekind of license test for idiots who try to ruin it for the rest of us.....!!!!).

Maybe they just want to find a way to move all EU/US plyers from other events so japanese players can finally race without lag and such that we're all causing to them :D

For that - please give us a 30 lap LeMans race with pro-physics and tyre wear. Thanx in advance.

The last race I was in (the US/ Europe test at Daytona) had a bunch of people named FPQA and then 3 numbers. I think it means First Party Quality Assurance, so they must work for Sony or Polyphony and are testing out the servers. It was the last race I got into before they started doing maintenance, so I don't know if they usually race with real players or if I just happened to join the race at the right time. None of them seemed to be able to race good, I thought they might have even been computer controlled. There was lag so I couldn't tell how smooth they were driving. Has anyone else ever seen them?

The races should be updated in 2 hours. I bet the pro race is at the Daytona road course. Maybe Corvette only, or Corvette and 360 only.

Can't wait for the US version that is only gonna be $40bux and I can read everything :P See ya guys on the track!

Jerome

New events!

Car Class Track Laps Racers Realism Tires
Yellow Daytona Oval 2 16 Normal s3
Green Eiger 2 8 Normal N1
Blue Suzuka 3 16 Normal R1
Red Daytona Road 3 16 Professional S1

The Daytona test event will still be online until the next update.

About 5 times now, I cannot connect to Daytona #13.

Also, there is some sort of new "news".

The Daytona Road Course is just in time for Rolex!

Yup, I knew it would be the Daytona road course. Go Montoya!

I think the online race will turn into a GT-R fest with a few R8s.

I had no troubles at all joining the previous pro F430 race, now I have nothing but trouble joining the current pro daytona road course race.

CMe
Car Class Track Laps Racers Realism Tires
Red Daytona Road 3 16 Professional S1

SWEET!!!!!

Ohhh What A Joy.

I do wish there were twice as many laps though. My best finish was 4th place which was mainly due to others who started breaking too late for turns and went off the track. At other times I finished slightly better than mid-pack. Twice I pushed too hard, lost control, and finished at the rear.

...time for bed.

The Pro Daytona Road race is nice, but I miss Suzuka!

I jumped on this morning for one run with the GTR and started at the back of a 13 car field. The rolling start is a killer, especially if there's skilled drivers at the front. I worked my way up to 6th via other cars spinning or having major offs and really didn't get to race head-to-head with any other cars. There was, however, a four-car pack that looked to have a solid race at the front of the pack based on quick glances at the map overlay. Hopefully I'll get some better starting positions when I try again this evening.

The lapsing of the F430 Suzuka race aside, I'm really enjoying the "keep it fresh" approach of changing up the online events regularly.

Wow!!! I finally finished in 1st place (Daytona/Road Course).

There were about 11 cars total and I started in 2nd position (Z06), with another Z06 in front of me. The only driver in the pack that gave me concern (in a good way) was a name I recognized, PILLAT. At Suzuka F430 Pro, he was consistently faster than me. So when I saw him in the back of the field (noting the color of his car), in an F430, I said Uh Oh!

When the race started the Z06 in front of me, went into that 1st corner too fast, and clipped my rear bumper in an attempt to get back on the race line. Nevertheless, I was gone and grew a three second gap between me and the field. Yep, I stayed in front alright, until the last lap. Sure enough on lap 3, PILLAT was in my mirror closing fast!

He past me on the straight, just before the left,right,left sequence leading to the final banked turn. On the corner exit approaching the bank he started to fish-tail, and I think he tapped the wall and finished 3rd. I was lucky!!!

Hi, just wanted to say how nice it is to have Daytona/Road course added to the online racing options. Its a true test in many respects and a complete joy to drive. Top marks again Polyphony 👍

PSN Liston

daytona race is great (chicane at the oval str8 and left very hard 1st turn can become fun and dangerous :)
I overtook 2 cars front of me at that chicane and took the frst place. It was really cool moment

Does anyone know why they changed the races that were there in the beginning and now they dont really change that much anymore? When i first got my copy i really loved it but now i think it gets a little dull to aleays drive the same tracks. Maybe we will get new tracks and cars soon ;)

I haven't seen any practice for Daytona yet, but from what i see from satellite pics is that the path through the bus stop that is used most often isn't the way you go in GT5.

daytona.jpg

You can see from the marks what the most used path is.

Back