GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
seems to me like this patch has fixed the little tearing left i had on my game, it's perfect now! 👍

lol wut? second patch?
I'm on it! :D

That means they could add private lobbies before the 11th, good!
I thought it was re-downloading the first patch at first. This one is taking longer than the last one. :ouch:

Edit: Nevermind, it downloaded very quickly in the end. 👍

Great thing is it worked first time for me and my nephew rather than the 9 attempts it took me the last patch.

took me two attempts to get it... and it seems the problems with the patch are getting less frequent somehow at least for me :)

My experience with the second patch.

Tried to update, failed. Tried again and it worked. Entered online and all looked good with heaps of people ready to reace. Got a 13 car grid and I was on pole. Got an average start and took a good line into the first corner. Then I noticed I was totally alone. Then up came an error message. Fine.

Tried again, got an error before the list of racers screen. Tried again got anther error. Tried again and got into the racers screen, with no names appearing in it. Then the screen went blank and the game froze. Rebooted. Tried yet more times and got many different errors, inlcuding a 50:0000000000000000000 that I have never got before. At least it was something new. Tried one last time and got a blank grid of racers again.

Gave up.

PD really dont have a clue. From patches that take over 10 attempts to download to catch up logic in races and serving up generic number errors to users... Its amateur night. Oh and has anyone checked their bandwidth usage while playing? I checked after a 3 player race yesterday and I was using 48KB down and maxing out my connection at 27KB up. Thats crazy. I have never seen anything like that on xbox live, the V8 supercar games seemed to use about 3-4KB per car. I really hope they do some study and sort this out. For years now racers have been brilliant on xbox live, I just dont understand why PD cant even get the simple things right.

If this was not GT I would laugh at it and play something else. But it is GT.

when second patch installs i get a screen with Japanese writing on. is it telling me to restart the system or just the game?

I just rebooted the system and all was fine when I loaded the game. 👍

AFter the second update, the matching rate is more like 80%. All of a sudden the game is much more intense. Well the race experience is the same. But you are racing many more races. Way to go. Hopefully we can have 5 cars races choice. the 8 cars races are still a bit laggy. making it hard to have a clean race.

It probably has already been said but:
According to this site we will have maintenance every Thursday and it may or may not give us some updates.
Also according to this site both updates should download at the same time for those who havnt updated earlier.
I have a question:
Does your location "indicator" show your real actual location for example Los Angeles or Manchester or some random Japanese location or does it depend on account active on your PS3 at the time ?(during play).

PD + Online Play = Match made in HELL by the sounds of things, I have yet to experience it, probably will try it tonight but to me it seems PD are great in some areas and seriously lack in others.

Where's my damage!! :indiff:

Robin

PD + Online Play = Match made in HELL by the sounds of things, I have yet to experience it, probably will try it tonight but to me it seems PD are great in some areas and seriously lack in others.

Where's my damage!! :indiff:

Robin

I would wait until the full game comes out before I pass judgment, even though the races I've been in have been pretty reckless, but if you get matched up with respectable racers then you're in for a good treat.

well it's still the experience for them to improve all the areas they're lacking, just give them time :)

I would wait until the full game comes out before I pass judgment, even though the races I've been in have been pretty reckless, but if you get matched up with respectable racers then you're in for a good treat.

Although I do agree with you. I am however concerned about how over sensitive the cars are when touched by another car. There has been a number of times when I've had a car come along side me to pass and although there was the slightest of touches the cars go beserk and totaly over react to the situation.

Now, If they could replicate how the cars react to touches in GT4 LAN/Online then I would say that PD is really onto something.

Well im 50/50 on the on-line side of things, but 100% sold on the off-line experience.

My first race was very good, with no barging and minimal lag to speak of, but the second race was beyond stupid, the cars were appearing all over the place and disappearing again they even appeared outside of the track area and so on, this was un-drivable and pointless.

but I will still try it out now and again, just need to be bale to create our own race and then we can have good races.

I have had pretty much 50-50 mixed experiences. At times I've been racing suzuka at the little sharp hairpin, where I've been rammed by someone with too much speed, and I get the penalty. Or when someone is overtaking in a turn with a little too much speed, resulting in him being pushed towards me. I get pushed into the sand pits, and get a penalty for rubbing my car. Damn it! And in addition, if two players are far ahead, one can with great advantage push the other far into the sandpits, take on the 5 sec penalty, and race on to become 1. place, while the other driver ends up 4th or something. That's so stupid. Or they will tap your rear, making you lose it.

At other times I've had the most intense races, that make it totally worth it!

I realize that sometimes mistakes happen, but some are ramming you on purpose for sure.

I remember someone talking about a ratings system. This would be fantastic... After the race - in addition to some REAL race conclusion other than positions - such as times and so on - you would have the ability to give positive or negative reputation to certain drivers. Then maybe sometime in the future you could create races that demand the racers have 75% good reputation for example. Who came up with this idea? It's good.

Today my online experience has been great, no lag and connection to all the races i tried to enter!
To add my two cents, i think the biggest problem with online is the penalty system.
When somebody pushes you onto the grass why do YOU still get the penalty for crossing the grass - needs to be fixed. However I think the time penalties need to be at least doubled that way it is really hard for the perpertrator to gain an advantage from knocking somebody off taking a short penalty and scooting away while your stuck trying to get out of the sandpit and then safely enter back onto the track.
PD bigger/longer penalties please.

Today my online experience has been great, no lag and connection to all the races i tried to enter!
To add my two cents, i think the biggest problem with online is the penalty system.
When somebody pushes you onto the grass why do YOU still get the penalty for crossing the grass - needs to be fixed. However I think the time penalties need to be at least doubled that way it is really hard for the perpertrator to gain an advantage from knocking somebody off taking a short penalty and scooting away while your stuck trying to get out of the sandpit and then safely enter back onto the track.
PD bigger/longer penalties please.

Generally I agree on what you're saying about the penalty system, though I must say I have experienced being pushed over a corner, where the penalty was overridden.

What I really loathe is when you get the penalty for being rammed. That's just disgusting.

I never had an online game with more that 7 other cars. Do you guys have more?
Im not sure if i have the second update. How do i know if its installed. Or is it necessary to install it in order to play?

Just played online and it was bad in every way. You wait like 10 mins for a game and it fails 80% of the time. If you do get in the grid is never full and the drivers which are there are most of the time really bad drivers that run you off the road and then the penalty kicks in even putting you even more behind. You can't here the engines of the other cars and when they turn they judder and angle round (i think using the sixaxis does that).

This really is a poor effort by PD, yes I know about the ping stuff and that playing from the UK will do this stuff but online is online and this is really bladly flawed. Ive tried using my JPN account and its no different.

I donwloaded the new online update, dont know if it even took because I get a message that comes up everytime I start the game and I can only select OK then it just goes into the intro vid....never asks me to update anywhere in the game. What is it saying to me? anyone get that message????

Robin

Just played online and it was bad in every way. You wait like 10 mins for a game and it fails 80% of the time. If you do get in the grid is never full and the drivers which are there are most of the time really bad drivers that run you off the road and then the penalty kicks in even putting you even more behind. You can't here the engines of the other cars and when they turn they judder and angle round (i think using the sixaxis does that).

This really is a poor effort by PD, yes I know about the ping stuff and that playing from the UK will do this stuff but online is online and this is really bladly flawed. Ive tried using my JPN account and its no different.

I donwloaded the new online update, dont know if it even took because I get a message that comes up everytime I start the game and I can only select OK then it just goes into the intro vid....never asks me to update anywhere in the game. What is it saying to me? anyone get that message????

Robin

As long as you can enter online mode, you know your game is updated.

This isn't a bad effort by PD though. It was meant for the Japanese, and even though I live in Denmark, I get none of the problems you describe.

Yes, there are some bad drivers, but after you pass the first 4 or something, the race starts to have potential.

Other than that, remember this is the first time they have tried do an online GT. They haven't really had a chance to test it out in such a massive scale, and already today there was an update, which fixed a lot of problems.

Don't worry, we'll get there eventually.

Yeah, your making total sense, I just got abit frustrated earlier, as I said in the other thread its just upsetting to see GT online for the first time like this, I know its their first attempt and hell this whole thing is a demo! but its the little things like people ramming you off that wind you up, especially after waiting quite a while to get into the game, I turn over to TV whislt I wait and sometimes miss the start of the race, there should be a count down timer or something, When I hear the HDD reading frantically I know the race starting!!!

The connection failures have cut down abit for some odd reason but I am still getting a pop up when starting the game asking me to OK something???

Hey guys! Stupid question... How do I download the updates? Just wondering. Got it guys, I think the first one.. so far so good.... --- Randy:dopey::dunce:

Robin

I think it has to do with your internet connection since im not getting the problems you are and im playing from the US. The are certain glitches but i guess thats because the whole thing is still in its first weeks

Playing form belgium and i've only had a few races with lag problems otherwise it was really great without any lags, dunno what you're doing wrong mate (check if you're not downloading pr0n XD)

Back