GT5P update coming August 1st!!

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 459 comments
I'm really fed up with the penalty system online :grumpy: You only have to look at somebody's paint job and your both off spinning into the cow field :banghead: freindly nudge's don't do anybody any harm, we just loose a bumber like real life ( not me, them behind 👍 ) Anyway, for me if they sort this out i will buy them a :cheers:

Couldn't agree more. On Daytona today a car spins out in front of me, I can't stop or weave around him, so I hit the car broadside as he's facing the infield and get a 10 second penalty! When did 10 sec penalties come in? Also, I got nudged off on the rear of my car the second turn at Suzuka and I get a ramming penalty of 4 secs and then a shortcut penalty of 4 secs as I went spinning off :grumpy::grumpy:

And how many disconnects at Suzuka today, God it really grinds my freakin' gears!!!!

I just got two news messages from my US edition GT5P saying to backup any tuning settings(I don't have any) and a update is coming August 1st.

So it is true.

@LtiniusGT: You did not upset me, all I was doing was pointing out that sample text from the website.

I just got two news messages from my US edition GT5P saying to backup any tuning settings(I don't have any) and a update is coming August 1st.

So it is true.

@LtiniusGT: You did not upset me, all I was doing was pointing out that sample text from the website.

Cool, cool. :)

Luke

I was expecting:

a car
a track
wheather
damage
private lobbies

I have to agree, for the most part it just seems like refinements to what is there and I know that is how a game is improved upon but...

Also, why no quick tune option in time trial? almost every car in this game is slow due to the gearing being way too long, and I'm not just talking about the last gear but the fact the final gears are so high every gear is effected. I did start a thread on this and am suprised there is not much talk of a big fault with the cars being discussed more?

Keep in mind KY said there would be another update later this year (i'm guessing around TGS).

I have to agree, for the most part it just seems like refinements to what is there and I know that is how a game is improved upon but...

Also, why no quick tune option in time trial? almost every car in this game is slow due to the gearing being way too long, and I'm not just talking about the last gear but the fact the final gears are so high every gear is effected. I did start a thread on this and am suprised there is not much talk of a big fault with the cars being discussed more?

As to the time trial thing, keeping it stock tests who is the better driver, not who can tune the best.

almost every car in this game is slow due to the gearing being way too long, and I'm not just talking about the last gear but the fact the final gears are so high every gear is effected. I did start a thread on this and am suprised there is not much talk of a big fault with the cars being discussed more?
Yes, there's not been much talk in your thread because you never responded to the posts that were made. If you would go more into detail and give one or more examples of cars that have a too long gearing, I'm happy to take up the discussion again, and I'm sure so are others.

if this Japan Only region release thing is the real case then i wouldn't really mind i have the JPN version anyways which i bought when it was released first in JPN, But english programs would be more ideal for me! haha

Yes, there's not been much talk in your thread because you never responded to the posts that were made. If you would go more into detail and give one or more examples of cars that have a too long gearing, I'm happy to take up the discussion again, and I'm sure so are others.

I make a thread so others can give views and discuss it, I'm not going to keep posting up after every reply but I'd like to see what the views are from alot of other members here, so many views and so few replies so I just thought it was of no interest which is fair enough, I'm not going to flogg a dead horse so to speak.

if this Japan Only region release thing is the real case then i wouldn't really mind i have the JPN version anyways which i bought when it was released first in JPN, But english programs would be more ideal for me! haha

It's not a japan only release, so we don't have to drag out out Japanese versions again!

Does this mean that they will fix the "driving on ice" feeling of the high powered cars? I hope so.

That's a bit of an exaggeration as to the handling of the cars, and the second post out of your two you've used that exact term :boggled: Can't say I've noticed this "driving on ice" feeling.

The handling thing has been discussed in many, many threads, and most of us here come to consensus that it's pretty accurate, even for higher powered cars, according to those around here who've driven higher-powered cars.

I haven't been here in awhile been playing too much MGS4, but going to get back into GT5:P I'm looking forward to the update. I'm very curious how the physics will feel after the undate.

That's a bit of an exaggeration as to the handling of the cars, and the second post out of your two you've used that exact term :boggled: Can't say I've noticed this "driving on ice" feeling.

The handling thing has been discussed in many, many threads, and most of us here come to consensus that it's pretty accurate, even for higher powered cars, according to those around here who've driven higher-powered cars.

LOL why they fix the grip level then, because it was so accurate :D
No in all honesty in RL i sometimes DO have higher grip levels on ICE than in GT5 P on dry tarmac. Dont get me wrong I think the handling in GT is pretty good, but things like oversteer / understeer are over exaggerated ... watch a BTCC or DTM or even F1 and you'll see how a car works on its limits.
So happy PD is trying to improve there 👍 :bowdown:
Now they should give us all tracks available for actually online races, id be even more happy !! :)

I think there should be a future update that includes one make supercar events without any pp restrictions, so we can utilise the full power potential of the car. That way it would be left down to who has the better tuned car in relation to;
ride height
spring rate
damper
toe angle
camber angle
brake balance
max turn angle
tc
abs
gear ratios

I think that would be awsome on the nurburgring 💡

Looking forward to the August update though, especially the improved penalty system.

I think there should be a future update that includes one make super car events without any pp restrictions, so we can utilise the full power potential of the car. That way it would be left down to who has the better tuned car in relation to;
ride height
spring rate
damper
toe angle
camber angle
brake balance
max turn angle
tc
abs
gear ratios

I think that would be awsome on the nurburgring 💡

But then people would all use the same car, because they would no longer be limited, so one car would be far superior to the rest.
May as well make it a one make race, eh?

Id rather have the opposite, more PP classes and more events in each one for Pro.
PP400, 550, 650 and 700 would be great and having all the tracks with variants.

But then people would all use the same car, because they would no longer be limited, so one car would be far superior to the rest.
May as well make it a one make race, eh?

Id rather have the opposite, more PP classes and more events in each one for Pro.
PP400, 550, 650 and 700 would be great and having all the tracks with variants.

It says in my post "one make" supercar events. :)

The idea is for people to be restricted to using the same car, so as to see who can tune the car better in relation to ride height, spring rate, etc etc. We could then battle it out to see who has the superior car through their tuning set up.

They should just stick to certain PP classes though instead of changing them every week.

For sure. It's a real ball breaker when you spend time tuning a car up for a specific pp event on a certain track, and then PD take it away. :banghead:

I just hope for better penalty judgment (against punters) and coherent handling between different modes. I'm tired of setting up a car just right in pre-race free run, and then find it underivable when I hit start.

Also, many times I start to drift in some cars/tracks and think, "hum... let's try this one on a drifting challenge" just to find that exact same settings are not producing the exact same car response... or the other way around.

The idea is for people to be restricted to using the same car, so as to see who can tune the car better in relation to ride height, spring rate, etc etc. We could then battle it out to see who has the superior car through their tuning set up.

people don't like that though because then you have two variables: driver and tune. This is why, for some crazy reason, people loved the last world event. A bunch of averagly quick cars, understeering all around the track, in a world-wide punt fest. I think I did it like twice, because I could not stand driving either one of those cars. I simply can not drive unmodified cars, but for another crazy reason plenty of people seem to have plenty of fun driving slow cars..hell they'd probably have tons of fun driving a stock cappicino on N1 tires around suzuka.

No offense, but what are you doing playing Gran Turismo then? Where the vast majority of the cars are un-modified?

yea holy crap, GT4 drove me up the wall. They give you like 50 versions of the race skylines and supras, all these group C race cars, and prototype cars and then they're like, "let's go do 5 laps in a 1947 fiat 100 on N2 tires!"

*shoots self in head*

They already sort of have this with the online time trials. Although adding other cars to pass/avoid adds a lot more to it.

hell they'd probably have tons of fun driving a stock cappicino on N1 tires around suzuka.

Well, not that you mention it, that does sound like fun. After a couple of hours in some high-strung overpowered beasts it would be a nice break. The London 500pp (I think) event was kind of fun. What we need is a nice assortment of events to suit every driver and mood.

No offense, but what are you doing playing Gran Turismo then? Where the vast majority of the cars are un-modified?

Im not gonna lie I love modified cars but when you use a stock car with good suspension and a logitech wheel......A whole different ball game....its tooooo pure.

Latest Posts

Back