GT5P update coming August 1st!!

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 459 comments
About the quality of the offered videos: in the trailer they were talking about HD quality, so I guess most of it will be HD. I am pretty sure that the Top Gear source material is not available in HD from the BBC though, so some videos might only be SD.

The quality is stated (in Japanese) here
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d2353.html

Most of it is SD except 3 of the 4 PD exclusives.
All about Ferrari Episode 1
THE GT-R Legend INSIDE STORY I
THE GT-R Legend INSIDE STORY III

For some reason the THE GT-R Legend INSIDE STORY II is listed in SD, I think that is probably an error.

interesting update! the main attraction for me is the upgraded stabilty on some of the tyres, this is most welcome. other than that the players met is good although all the racers i've had the best races with elude my memory..truly a shame too:(:( all in all pretty cool update :) thanks for the heads up!

I guess considering this is a "tweak" and not spec III then it's all good.

I just hate waiting, knowing that the game will only release in x-mas of 2009. (i know, nothing confirmed, just my reasonable bet).

One of the cooler features of the update is the instant distribution of My Page backgrounds. I assume this means that Polyphony can add more locations without us needing to download an update. :)

I feel bad. I guess i'm the only one not caring for this update.

I was expecting:

a car
a track
wheather
damage
private lobbies

You know, stuff they talked about as being in one of the updates. Everything on that list is a minor touch correcting previous shortcomings.

On top of that, we got no news on GT5 at E3.

that makes me sad :(
damage is supposed to come to GT5 prologue in a fall update not this one. Theres a big update coming in the fall. Most of the updates listed here are of no interest to me. But im still happy to see PD do improvements all the same.

Reventón;3090266
How many of you are actually capable of finding a source providing video coverage of the 24 Hours of Nurburgring
That jumped out at me during the trailer for this.

The trailer also said free and pay-per-view licensed programs.

Foolkiller, my point really was more about the fact of having a compulsory £139 bill every year for probably 3 or 4 decent programs a week that I watch from any of the BBC channels (can't opt of paying your TV license should you not watch it and are subscribing to satellite tv either) and then having to pay again should I want to watch it again, whilst the BBC profit from selling programs like Top Gear abroad and none of this money benefits TV license payers. The revenue generated between 2000-1 to 2004-5 from TV licences was more than £13bn, another UK backdoor tax. The BBC limit viewing BBC iPlayer programs (which are only available for a week) to UK specific IP addresses, therefore I don't see why Sony or PD could allow UK IP addresses to download for free? I would happily pay for other content, just not this :)
This sounds more like a gripe you should have with the BBC and not Sony/PD, as I am guessing that Sony/PD has to pay to get the program, even if the users are from the UK. Unless the BBC were to refund them a bit for every UK download it just doesn't work.

You know, stuff they talked about as being in one of the updates. Everything on that list is a minor touch correcting previous shortcomings.
Just be patient. Those things they talked about were supposed to be in the Fall, and this will be August 1st. I don't know anywhere on the planet that August 1st is considered Fall

Now, if we get into December and still see nothing, yeah then I would be disappointed.

Dunno if this has been covered in a previous post, but i couldn't spot anything about it;

I've just been reading the news section on the game about this update, and while i commend PD for their continued updates, i do have one small gripe which seems to happen everytime there's another update. Why do they insist on resetting all the button configuration and quick tune settings?

Resetting the rankings i can just about cope with, but for me to have to keep going through my entire garage (which must be around 70+ cars by now) and re-tune them to how i like is a right ball ache!

Surely they could figure out a way so this doesn't have to be the case with every update? It looks like i'm gonna have to start writing down all my settings before the end of the month just so i don't have to spend the next 6-8 weeks finding my settings again!

GRRRR!!!!!

they could figure out a way so this doesn't have to be the case with every update? It looks like i'm gonna have to start writing down all my settings before the end of the month just so i don't have to spend the next 6-8 weeks finding my settings again!

GRRRR!!!!!

Because they are changing the tuning settings effects the car so your settings now wont feel the same as the did after this update.

Dunno if this has been covered in a previous post, but i couldn't spot anything about it;

I've just been reading the news section on the game about this update, and while i commend PD for their continued updates, i do have one small gripe which seems to happen everytime there's another update. Why do they insist on resetting all the button configuration and quick tune settings?

Resetting the rankings i can just about cope with, but for me to have to keep going through my entire garage (which must be around 70+ cars by now) and re-tune them to how i like is a right ball ache!

Surely they could figure out a way so this doesn't have to be the case with every update? It looks like i'm gonna have to start writing down all my settings before the end of the month just so i don't have to spend the next 6-8 weeks finding my settings again!

GRRRR!!!!!

If you do, this may help... HERE ! 👍

excited for this update, similar to how 2.36 did some house cleaning before 2.40/2.41 moved in, this will do some "house cleaning" for the big fall update. the only thing i'm a little bit dissappointed about is that PD aren't patching to allow us to play our music from the HDD.

Oh, and they're changing the tyre physics too remember....

It just says that they'll be improved:

- Improved controllability when using S1-S3, and R1-R3 tires.

..and calculation "rules":

- Changed calculation rules for performance points.

So our good "tunes" might still be good. Again, I need a smilie with crossed fingers...

I'm really fed up with the penalty system online :grumpy: You only have to look at somebody's paint job and your both off spinning into the cow field :banghead: freindly nudge's don't do anybody any harm, we just loose a bumber like real life ( not me, them behind 👍 ) Anyway, for me if they sort this out i will buy them a :cheers:

It just says that they'll be improved:

- Improved controllability when using S1-S3, and R1-R3 tires.

..and calculation "rules":

- Changed calculation rules for performance points.

So our good "tunes" might still be good. Again, I need a smilie with crossed fingers...

You misunderstand, those were the reasons why I said people might need to change the tunings.

My (EU PAL) Prologue told me just yesterday that it will be updated on August the 1st. I hardly believe that this website is right, I wonder where they got the info from.

This update is for ALL regions, the JP only thing is a rumor probably spread by those who dislike Prologue and want to enrage owners, or some XBOX fanboy. :lol: That unfortunately some of us have bought into.

Luke

When you click the link in the first post towards the end of the page says:
* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

So I'm betting THAT is where they get that information.

When you click the link in the first post towards the end of the page says:

So I'm betting THAT is where they get that information.

Sorry, I thought that the smiley face let everyone know I was just kidding around :nervous: Guess I need to make sure I am more clear next time. Sorry if I upset anybody.

Luke

I got japanese version of the game:sly: so I dont care about that news :):

So do I, but I still care because I want my English version to be updated so I can actually read text.

Latest Posts

Back