GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
If there is a glitch someone will find it. Hopefully it'll be back when it was meant to start. I have not even done the second one yet anyway.

Well ,they can do what they want, but at least don't upload the time - disconnect the internet once on the track, so the time won't be posted on the board.

At least think about what PD would do if there are times posted before they should be.

Well ,they can do what they want, but at least don't upload the time - disconnect the internet once on the track, so the time won't be posted on the board.

At least think about what PD would do if there are times posted before they should be.

I guess they were not smart enough to do that, they should have done it as posting a time on the leaderboard was always going to alert PD. :lol:

I wonder if any of them will be banned from the academy, I doubt it but it is possible I guess.

Times were posted, PD have now patched it they will no doubt remove the times & re-open the event on the original date.

Don't worry, it'll come back when the current trials end.

The times that were recorded have been deleted, but the category hasn't.

It's an event for fun, there is no real competition like the other event. All they had to do was delete all of the times an hour before it was meant to really start.

It's an event for fun, there is no real competition like the other event. All they had to do was delete all of the times an hour before it was meant to really start.

For whatever reason they obviously didn't want people playing it yet because it was locked. They were never going to allow people to glitch to play it.

For whatever reason they obviously didn't want people playing it yet because it was locked. They were never going to allow people to glitch to play it.

Maybe so but if that's the case they should have locked it server side. You even get a warning that your clock is incorrect when you boot it up but still you can enter the demo and play the event. Well, you could.

Maybe so but if that's the case they should have locked it server side. You even get a warning that your clock is incorrect when you boot it up but still you can enter the demo and play the event. Well, you could.

True, I can't argue with that.;)

PD cannot get by on physics alone, what I saw only confirmed my fears it is gt5.5. The racing still felt lifeless with pylon AI. Unless this totally changes i'll be getting a PS4 and skipping GT5 on ps3. Need Challenging races wiry varying lengths, qualifying, flags, championships.......
Bye then.

I initially downloaded from UK store but was stuck with MPH, then I tried downloading it from US store and had the same result :lol:. Oh...imperials...when will you discover the brilliance of the metric system? :lol:

I really can't see why PD would leave out an option like this. It's obvious it's gonna be in GT6 but still it's something annoying for the demo.

The problem is your saved game. Delete it, or start a new game (US store version) in another PSN account, and you will have km/h and km.

Apologies to everyone who got their times removed. I'm really sorry. I just wanted to see if the glitch worked and then I could inform PD about it but forgot to. :guilty: :(

Cool!👍

I'm liking Silverstone more and more each time I play it. At first it seemed super tough to pass without making severe errors, but once I'd mastered the difficult sections it's a very fun track.

For me, the hardest sections were the long right turn after before the double chicane section, and the long right turn before the last chicane. So hard to time those perfectly...

Cool!👍

I'm liking Silverstone more and more each time I play it. At first it seemed super tough to pass without making severe errors, but once I'd mastered the difficult sections it's a very fun track.

For me, the hardest sections were the long right turn after before the double chicane section, and the long right turn before the last chicane. So hard to time those perfectly...
I'm think you'll just have to take those turns wide. Don't start going in until you think you can accelerate more than you used to be able to. I'm not sure of the corner names and not entirely sure or can't remember which parts of the track you're referring to, but give it a try unless someone else can give you advice? Throttle, too, though. Find the balance between spinning out or sliding and understeering causing you to go off the track.

It's basic, but ehh. Do what you can?

Yesterday I was able to finish all of the events and time trials (probably will continue to grind for a better time), and here's my impressions-Pros Vs Cons and other observations in between:

Pros:
-Visuals are a great improvement from GT5:
*Track visuals are way better in GT6-especially Autumn Ring :boggled:
*Blocky shadows are a vast improvement from GT5. :drool: 👍
Not saying it's completely removed, but most of the blockiness is less noticeable and more minuscule
*pixelation from tire smoke vastly reduced from GT5-I don't think I noticed any at all :bowdown:
-Physics are noticeably different from GT5
*roll is incredibly noticeable
-Fast loading times and UI (whilst only a demo, it would be nice for this to occur in the final product)
-Clean and less cluttered menus compared to GT5 :bowdown:
*The menu design reminds me of GT5 Prologue and what should have been in GT5-clean and simple
-The music :bowdown:
*most of the menu music originated from GT5 Prologue. I found the music in GT5P a lot more enjoyable to listen to compare to the default music in GT5
*race music, again, most of the songs originated from GT5 Prologue, and I enjoyed listening to them more than the default race music in GT5
*the three tunes upon the race menu-when starting a race (Runabout by Nittoku Inoue) starting a time trial (the tune with the guitar riff-We don't know its name at the moment) and ending a race/time trial (Flatout by Mitsutoshi Satoh) are epic :drool:-especially the last one.

Cons:
-No damage (no surprises there, and am not expecting much since the GT6 damage will be the same as what was in GT5-however, if more fully premium cars (or all) can have the same damage visuals like the premium rally cars did in GT5-with bumpers and doors falling off-I will be happy with that. Furthermore, make mechanical damage mandatory in event races and upon finishing races where damage is sustained, keep the car in its damaged state until it is repaired)
-Poor AI (I know it's only a placeholder. I like to see the new AI system implemented in GT6 please-even if it needs to be added via an early update :indiff:)
-Sounds are pretty much the same as in GT5 (again, I know it's only a placeholder. I like to see the new sound system implemented in GT6 please-even if it needs to be added via an early update :indiff:)
*NOTE:Selecting small theatre or large theatre in the options menu will have the same effect in GT6 as it does in GT5-see here to understand what I'm on about
-Whilst times for loading replays are decreased compared to GT5, they are still pretty slow to load up :grumpy: 👎

Other Observations:
-The tutorial when upon first playing, I don't know what to say. I don't like it but I don't hate it either :irked:
-the following features and implementations, whilst unavailable in the demo, I am looking forward to if implemented into the final product: :eek:
*Test drive (last saw this in a GT5 Prologue screenshot, but wasn't implemented into the game)
*The ability to change racing gear at the garage-unlike in GT5 where you had to go to another menu

Overall i'm looking forward to further announcements (at Gamecom and TGS) and the final game itself. If they can 'iron up the bumps' so to speak ;), and implement the new sound and AI systems, I think GT6 would be a great game and be the next 'step up' from GT5 :D.
This is all I got for now. I may change it if around if there are some more things that come to mind :).

Last edited:
Wait, so there was glitch to drive the gt3 gtr early,and I missed it and now I have to wait til the 29th?
man-crying-o.gif

I am glad there making it for the ps3, what you see is all the ps3 has folks. I think it looks better then any Forza ever made imo.

-Poor AI (I know it's only a placeholder. I like to see the new AI system implemented in GT6 please-even if it has to be delayed :indiff:)
-Sounds are pretty much the same as in GT5 (again, I know it's only a placeholder. I like to see the new sound system implemented in GT6 please-even if it has to be delayed :indiff:)
Bite your tongue man :ouch:, no delays please.

That should say even if it needs to be added via an early update but not delayed. I'd rather have the game on schedule even if the AI and sound are still on par with GT5. They did say that in the changes they had made one of them was to make it more flexable to being updated so that should be an option rather than delay.

Bite your tongue man :ouch:, no delays please.

That should say even if it needs to be added via an early update but not delayed. I'd rather have the game on schedule even if the AI and sound are still on par with GT5. They did say that in the changes they had made one of them was to make it more flexable to being updated so that should be an option rather than delay.

No, just no, can we please stop with that terrible practice of releasing broken games and then patching them. Releasing a patch on consoles isn't nearly as easy as it is on PC's, it's easier for everybody if PD delays it a bit. Saves space on your HDD and PD can work faster and they will get higher ratings if the game ships with the brand new sound and other features.

Look at GT5 for god's sake, we never got a game-changing patch, they just added options, it took them 2 years to add a race BGM setting to the quick options menu. If GT6 ships with the old sound and AI it's over, it won't get fixed. Is that what you want?

Back