GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
Any advice on the ACTUAL timed events? I can barely get through the first time trial race without getting ridiculous penalties or times worse than Silver.

I am on a DS3 and I need to know which assists you guys are using and not using. I play on manual.

I play on a DS3 as well and left my Driving Options on Default and still got Gold on all events. :sly:

Also a heads up to anyone who wants to play the final event early ahead of July 29th, change the date to 29/07 and load up GT Academy 2013. Then just go into "GT 15th Anniversary" in Special Events and the 3rd Time Trial has been revealed:

A Time Trial around Silverstone in a Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. I also currently have the online record for this event... hehehehehehehehe. :sly:

Last edited:
Spagetti69
I've not had a problem personally. However it's the same for everyone I suppose so its fair across the board.
Fair, yes. But it's absolutely ridiculous, infuriating and doesn't exactly make sense. Oh well, managed to Gold them all without much effort.

I play on a DS3 as well and left my Driving Options on Default and still got Gold on all events. :sly:

Also a heads up to anyone who wants to play the final event early ahead of July 29th, change the date to 29/07 and load up GT Academy 2013. Then just go into "GT 15th Anniversary" in Special Events and the 3rd Time Trial has been revealed:

A Time Trial around Silverstone in a Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13. I also currently have the online record for this event... hehehehehehehehe. :sly:
You spoiled the surprise :mad:

jk... what laptimes can this car do?

You spoiled the surprise :mad:

jk... what laptimes can this car do?

Can't remember all of them but I think the Gold and Silver target times were both 2:09.500 and 2:11.000 respectively. Like I said, I'm having a bit of trouble remembering all the times but I beat Gold and have the Online Record currently.

In fact, here's a challenge: to whoever changes the date, beats my Online Record the fastest and replies or messages me regarding it the fastest, they will receive a rare paint chip on GT5 as well as bonus Friend Requests on both PSN and GTPlanet.

In fact, here's a challenge: to whoever changes the date, beats my Online Record the fastest and replies or messages me regarding it the fastest, they will receive a rare paint chip on GT5 as well as bonus Friend Requests on both PSN and GTPlanet.

2:05:550 after 2 turns :sly:

and dr slump is 2:05:375 👍

But thanks I don't need anything.

OK, thanks for the reply, I didn't know that. I remember noticing that "problem" sometimes in GT5 but thought that it was a bug in km <-> miles conversions, but was surprised this bug appears in one of the few cars in a demo that we waited for 3 years ! ; I like driving with the interior view, so a speedometer on such cars stoping at 180 km/h is not far from an "on/off" indicator .... (especially since we tend to look at the speedometer more on straight lines than on curves...)

Have another question that troubles me since the start of GT5 (never tried previous GT) and never read (or understood) the information in the forum: why the cars don't loose speed (or so little) when putting lower gears (that is, if I am at 200 km/h and put the 2nd or even 1st gear, it continues at 190-200 km/h !). Is that also a Janapese thing ? It is still the same in this demo and is a feature that makes the game not realistic at all compared to driving a real car (in a real car, going down gears appropriately allow to loose speed and take turns in a much better way than in GT). In other words: why is there no "engine break" (hope this is the good translation) in GT ?

Brake =/= break
Lose =/= loose

I was first for about five minutes before Accro and slump came along. Really surprised this wasn't locked server side, i'm sure the events were last year.

PD's method of black flagging laps is idiotic some parts of the track clearly need to allowed to be used.

Can't get over how fun the GTR is

dr_slump
It is gorgeous! Especially when driving through Stowe... :drool:

You can brake unbelievably hard there, and the massive bumps there just make it even better.

:D

This +1000, honestly this just sells me on GT6, looking forward to alot of cars now.

This game gives a more traditional feel of GT2-4. It just feels.....right. The font style of the GUI probably has a lot to do with it.
I'm so glad someone else felt this as well! I'm loving the UI and little nostalgic details like the flashing "replay" logo during the replay.

Ah, it's so simple! I saw your time there on the website and I thought you must've got some favouritism from Polyphony Digital. :P

Can't get over how fun the GTR is
Same! I really didn't enjoy the GT-R in GT5 (although I enjoyed racing it in GT5 Prologue, had some great online races using it), I found it to be so unstable and unpredictable but now it's like an all new car.

I was first for about five minutes before Accro and slump came along. Really surprised this wasn't locked server side, i'm sure the events were last year.

It doesn't count towards the Academy, and they've not locked the precursors this year (you can jump straight to the full qualifying lap, after a bit of hoop jumping). I guess they didn't feel the need to, or too many people got bored of waiting last time, or whatever their data told them. It was probably just meant to be a way to get people to come back after the Academy part was over.

Right, so I've spent an hour with the demo today getting used to it's physics, I'm beginning to like them and adapted very quickly, but for gawd sake PD, turn the controller sensitivity back down, let us apply a dead zone or extend the sensitivity range available.

I'm able to counter steer nice and smoothly in GT5, but in this demo the steering input feels way too exaggerated and twitchy. The only timed academy event I've given a go so far is the second one (Brooklands to Copse) and beginning to get sick and tired of being ahead of the #1 ghost, then trying to apply <10% countersteer and the game going "Oh, you must have meant >40% counter steer". It's wrecking my corner exits.

The fact that wheelspinning is no longer the fastest form of acceleration is a much welcome fix though. Now they just need to work on the drifting corner entries.

After hopping on GT Academy today I noticed that the 3rd special event that is locked and will open at a later date was gone.

Anyone else see/notice or have this same dilemma?

PD cannot get by on physics alone, what I saw only confirmed my fears it is gt5.5. The racing still felt lifeless with pylon AI. Unless this totally changes i'll be getting a PS4 and skipping GT5 on ps3. Need Challenging races wiry varying lengths, qualifying, flags, championships.......

After hopping on GT Academy today I noticed that the 3rd special event that is locked and will open at a later date was gone.

Haha Yep same for me. I was actually doing the event and when I was done I exited and saw it dissapeared.

I think they removed it since you could enter it just changing your ps3 date to 29 👍

Damn, :grumpy: why does someone must spoil it by exploiting the date ... now it's gone ?

If there is a glitch someone will find it. Hopefully it'll be back when it was meant to start. I have not even done the second one yet anyway.

Back