GT6 Demo reward revealed

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 168 comments
That i guessed we would get the car after starting up GT6. Just waiting for the email that has the code for the free GT6 theme.

Man thought i was the first to upload this but i was a few hours behind in the Academy sub forum lol. Yeh, its bound to be a gift on first connection to the server, psn coded.

Ou and for people worried, i only golded a couple and didnt even complete the last couple. Very busy time of the year for me. Still got the email yesterday morning be patient, it will come.

I got the email but theme only. Downloaded the theme. Nothing about the car.

Really? I don't have the email... Wonder if I downloaded the demo or just my friend did, I definately played it.

Was just going to assume Australians were snubbed again, but maybe not.

EDIT: Yes, I had downloaded the demo (at the very least, even if I hadn't played it until completion), no email for me.

Last edited:
...Ou and for people worried, i only golded a couple and didnt even complete the last couple. Very busy time of the year for me. Still got the email yesterday morning be patient, it will come.
I'm guessing that a lot of people took part - I can't recall the number but I remember it being quite high, so e-mails will take a few days to process.

I don't have mine yet and I got a gold in every event (eventually)

Is their a timeline of when people in the north american region would be receiving the emails since people in other regions already have received the emails but others in the north american region including myself having received the emails yet for the dynamic theme.

have not received the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm in the US and have a UK account. I tried signing into PSN on my PC and then clicking the link in the first post. While the email loaded, when I clicked the link it said "Page not found" or something similar.

I then hopped on my smartphone and loaded up gtplanet in Chrome(Android user), clicked the link and signed in with my UK PSN account. Then I opened the link at the start of this thread to open the email, clicked the "Download Your Free GT6 Theme Now" icon and it worked! I put the theme in the cart, "purchased" it, logged into PSN though my UK account on my PS3 and went to Downloads. It was there, I downloaded it and installed it. I logged back into my US account, applied it, and it's all good!

Ameer, do you have an idea of how i could get the code for the theme since i haven't gotten the email yet. I am in the United States or when should americans be receiving the emails to get the theme code?

Is there a cloud save for this? I recently had to reformat my whole PS3, and I never re-downloaded the GT Academy Demo. Any news whether I still get this car?

Ameer, do you have an idea of how i could get the code for the theme since i haven't gotten the email yet. I am in the United States or when should americans be receiving the emails to get the theme code?

There's no code for the theme, it's a regular download.

You'll need a European account to download the theme. If you don't have one, you can make one by selecting a European country when signing up.

Once you're on the SEN Store online, press "Add to basket". Then go to "Confirm Purchase". You'll get a message stating that you have confirmed your purchase.

For the next step, there are two ways.
Easy way: Press "download now" and the theme should be in your download list when you turn it on.

The other way is to go to your PS3>PSN>Account Settings>Transactions>Download list> GT6 Theme.

Last edited:
Do i download it straight from the PSN store? Is their an idea when it will be available to download the theme in north america?

Just want to have the dynamic theme on the playstation 3 since i took part in the GT academy demo.

Do i get a code for the dynamic theme in the email since i only have a north american account?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I don't have the email... Wonder if I downloaded the demo or just my friend did, I definately played it.

Was just going to assume Australians were snubbed again, but maybe not.

EDIT: Yes, I had downloaded the demo (at the very least, even if I hadn't played it until completion), no email for me.
I got the email on yesterday 29th. Only the theme. Not the car.

I got a mail from Playstation on the 28th., but it's only about the theme - even though I did participate in GT Academy (I was in our national final). To be honest though - since the car is not a 'one-off' car, and I can just buy it in game, it's fine by me.
It's a little weird though.

The text up by the Z4 GT3 just tells me to pre-order the game, and nothing about a free car.

Attachments

• GT6 Theme mail.PNG
    GT6 Theme mail.PNG
    117.2 KB · Views: 7
I got a mail from Playstation on the 28th., but it's only about the theme - even though I did participate in GT Academy (I was in our national final). To be honest though - since the car is not a 'one-off' car, and I can just buy it in game, it's fine by me.
It's a little weird though.

The text up by the Z4 GT3 just tells me to pre-order the game, and nothing about a free car.
Yeah mine was the same for Australia

I guess so.
Lawn, i have not received any email from sony about the car in GT6 and for the GT6 dynamic theme yet.
Me either and I'm in the US so at least we are in the same boat.

Ironically pd didn't really pay much attention to the US this release, no real collector edition with hardware stuff, no big box, simple preorders, no tv adds (yet), etc.

Me either and I'm in the US so at least we are in the same boat.

Ironically pd didn't really pay much attention to the US this release, no real collector edition with hardware stuff, no big box, simple preorders, no tv adds (yet), etc.

Those things you mention are not up to Polyphony Digital, or anyone who works there. That's marketing. Everything related to promoting a game (or any other product) is the job of the marketing team from within sony.

Also, the theme is only obtainable through the link provided on the email. The link takes you to the WEB store, which you can only see if you click said link. After the purchase, you can find the theme ready to download on your download list in your PS3.

The car will be available as soon as you fire up the GT6 disc in your PS3.

So, just to understand this correctly, this car or the them ARE NOT available to USA players? I participated and have not received an e-mail yet. Thanks guys.

So, just to understand this correctly, this car or the them ARE NOT available to USA players? I participated and have not received an e-mail yet. Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, no. No theme or car for us 'Muricans.

Just hoping that they change it so all countries can get them.

Those things you mention are not up to Polyphony Digital, or anyone who works there. That's marketing. Everything related to promoting a game (or any other product) is the job of the marketing team from within sony.

Also, the theme is only obtainable through the link provided on the email. The link takes you to the WEB store, which you can only see if you click said link. After the purchase, you can find the theme ready to download on your download list in your PS3.

The car will be available as soon as you fire up the GT6 disc in your PS3.
Fair enough, replace PD with Sony... But to be fair, Kaz is an officer of Sony.

Does that link work in the US?

I didn't get the email, but I clicked on the example link and claimed my theme through there, it's cool
Weird... I played GT Academy but I never got the email. maybe I need to wait a bit longer?
I don't think you need the email, just click the link in the first post, then download the theme from there as far as I know, I couldn't find the email in my inbox and that worked for me.

Back