GT6 Drag Racing Findings

• Thread starter michrulejj
  • 117 comments
United States
Ohio
michrulejj
So what has anyone found surprising about drag racing in GT6 when compared to GT5? Any big new differences?

RWD: Raise front height to 3/4-max to get best results for trap speed.

Last edited:
So we got our section back, sweet... I'll be checking that in a little she when my son is finished with his movie

Great to see that drag racing is starting on GT6. I'm just sad that I won't be getting it until Christmas. Never mind, only a couple of weeks.

well so far the cars get a lot of horse power when maxed to be equal. I haven't tried drag tuning anything yet. I was awaiting confirmation maybe we could transfer cars from 5 over like 3 cars at most. I totally forgot how my gtr tune was. I don't know if we can do speed test. I haven't found it. anyways the viper can get 1000+ hp the vette c7 gets like 950 it's whack. also Nitrous makes a return too. so that's gonna be a factor as well I think.

@michrulejj I can't see them changing Indy so much that there's no light colored strip in the back stretch, hopefully the painted area has more grip.

Is it true we need to get all gold on the A licence to unlock online play ?

@michrulejj I can't see them changing Indy so much that there's no light colored strip in the back stretch, hopefully the painted area has more grip.

Is it true we need to get all gold on the A licence to unlock online play ?
My experience so far says you only need to unlock upto International B. Hope this helps you mickey.

Regarding drag racing. Yes there is still ssr7, ssrx, indianapolis road course. The only thing I don't like is the tranny tuning. They need to make it back like gt5.

You can't see what top speed your flipping for there is no top speed number in top right and it doesn't change when you stretch 6th gear.

The only other bad factor is no speedtest. But maybe these features will get added/amended or not. I really sincerely hope they do because the rest of the game is fantastic.

I think this is o ly jus the beginning and kaz seemed sure of that, that he wants to bring new things to gt6. That and this game has been created to evolve quicker then the last one. So we could see huge differences. Only time will tell really.

Good info wraith, I was able to put my hands on it today for like 30min and once my boy goes to sleep I'll play some more, so far I like what i see sucks that making cash seems a bit harder but no biggie i have enough cars to keep me going only problem will be buying parts for them but will get there...

Wraith what about the break in factor have you been that far with one car, i have a thread asking about it in the Q&A section but it seems unclear, let us know.

Well hello everyone… this is all nice and new 👍 It will be interesting to see how the drag scene develops with 6 :D

Well hello everyone… this is all nice and new 👍 It will be interesting to see how the drag scene develops with 6 :D

Welcome back Fest0r ! Does this mean Fest0r Industries is recruiting again ? :)

Hey people, some might know me with my PSN ID "Brainblower" but this is my new account.
Anyway, I´ve fully upgraded & tuned my first R34 today (977 hp holy ****) including Nitrous....it´s absolutely insane.
I´ve tested the top speed on SSRX & it does +250 mph in no time. Also I´ve seen a KTM with over 900 hp & under 800 KG of weight. I got a feeling we´ll be having a lot faster cars on GT6.

Welcome back Fest0r ! Does this mean Fest0r Industries is recruiting again ? :)

Ha ha… I was thinking about diversifying into knitted drag racing suits so looking at your avatar you’re immediately promoted to Procurement Director :D
It will be great to know if lag will still be such a factor. Only just got National A… haven’t even dabbled with tuning… so much to do lol

There where drag rooms open day one it was funny seeing everyone scrambling trying to figure out trans set ups. The nitrous is awesome and all but launching ff cars with spray reminds me of the 3000hp eks lol. Looking forward to some drags once more people have fully modded cars

Do not curse mods will ban you for that.

Yes I have an infraction for using the exclamation mark in the same spot lol

Ha ha… I was thinking about diversifying into knitted drag racing suits so looking at your avatar you’re immediately promoted to Procurement Director :D
It will be great to know if lag will still be such a factor. Only just got National A… haven’t even dabbled with tuning… so much to do lol

Why thank you ! Great idea, we need wool suits here in the cold. :)

Hope lag isn't as much of an issue either.

Welcome FestOr. My internet was pretty sweet last night but there were only some minimal signs of lag at times. But very faint as I say.

To Mikey.

I'm not sure yet I still haven't broken in any cars I bought credit packs lol was too lazy to earn money and instead payed for it.

As brain just said though yes cars break in def premium ones and giving oil change stil works the same.

Really need to find out if GT6 standards are as screwed up as 5. Meaning some standards could be broken in others not. I'm sure this is not the case anymore though.

God dam.n the jay leno is a car on steroids car is terrifyingly fast 1126bhp not broken in driving on switzerland track.

So far so good on the lag issue as for tranny tuning search gt4 threads
I found a few way out of place threads that somehow got moved there lol.
Good to see ya back!

In a way its fun without speed test, harder to tune only the good tuners prosper. Its like the old days of GT5, depends less on tree but more on tune. Its a good change 👍

Also maybe do spec drag racing like 700hp and less, people don't know whats fast and slow so it may be a fun thing to do.

Holy smokes is that fest0r?!?! Well I'm liking this game but what do i need to do to unlock the online play?

Holy smokes is that fest0r?!?! Well I'm liking this game but what do i need to do to unlock the online play?

Hey bud… just when I thought I was out...they gt6 pulls me back in :D

I think it unlocked for me after getting the National A licence which is available to try after getting a certain amount of stars in the National B career mode… can’t remember how many though :dunce:

Back