GT6 Drag Racing Findings

• Thread starter michrulejj
  • 117 comments
People trippin out because they can't time on speed test lol you have to figure out a way where you can tweak and know if your actually improving.

Hey bud… just when I thought I was out...they gt6 pulls me back in :D

I think it unlocked for me after getting the National A licence which is available to try after getting a certain amount of stars in the National B career mode… can’t remember how many though :dunce:
yeah I'm almost there only playing a little bit at a time...

Good to have you back , has anyone seen Kenny?

People trippin out because they can't time on speed test lol you have to figure out a way where you can tweak and know if your actually improving.
there is a way and pretty much we all know how :cool:

Sorry for the double post... Don't know if it's my phone or the website but I can't multi quote and there is always a delay when typing, this post took me two minutes to complete....maybe more

Last edited:
We need a proper NHRA drag strip, with a functional tree. It would also be nice to be able to set a dial-in index, but first thing first. A drag strip, pretty please.

If we get a full drag strip with tree and can tune its just going to come down to tune, and comes down to who put more time into tuning a car. Takes the fun out of it in my opinion. I like having no tree, and no speed test.

Tip: Get a few friends to run each other to tune a certain car. Keep that same car and make tweaks. This what myself, Agent (Old Drag Friend),Slash, and KT would do. Also helps when KT or Slash had the fastest tune for most cars at that time... lol

If we get a full drag strip with tree and can tune its just going to come down to tune, and comes down to who put more time into tuning a car. Takes the fun out of it in my opinion. I like having no tree, and no speed test.

Tip: Get a few friends to run each other to tune a certain car. Keep that same car and make tweaks. This what myself, Agent (Old Drag Friend),Slash, and KT would do. Also helps when KT or Slash had the fastest tune for most cars at that time... lol

Well then me and you need to hit up the drag strip some day.

Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about? You'll have to explain further.

From a purely selfish point of view, I’m going to miss the speed test. Not a huge fan of the leader board or more accurately the associated arguments it caused ;) but I did appreciate the time it saved me.

IMHO it’s more down to who you tune with rather than your own personal skills when you don’t have a speed test. It was hard enough finding a decent UK drag lobby never mind finding people to tune against… I’m very antisocial though and didn’t want to join a team :D A proper tree that calculated/removed lag after the run and a speed test would be ideal for me.

Without a Bob to break in the cars and no speed test I doubt I will be getting back into this properly :(

They killed off Bob ??

Route X drafting online was a quick way to break in cars too, guess I'll need to resort to that.

I was under the impression they were gonna have the option for us to choose from Aspec and Bspec when doing a race...

I didn’t see the option and there is no b-spec forum so I just assumed… I should do some research first lol :dunce:

Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about? You'll have to explain further.

He means the speed test, like we had before. If we have a _real_ strip with tree, reaction time will be more important than the tune. Predicting a green light isn't anything like a timed launch, so it will come down to reaction time then tune off of the drivers you run against until they stop beating you.

I love the tuning in gt6. Each car is different and tuning is much different than gt5. Things you never thought of tuning in gt5 now make quite a big difference ;)

What I was meaning was what Shake said also with how much harder it is to tune without speed test because you can never tell how fast are you going exactly. You will never know if you are the fastest for that certain car. That I what I like about it. Personal Opinion.

What I was meaning was what Shake said also with how much harder it is to tune without speed test because you can never tell how fast are you going exactly. You will never know if you are the fastest for that certain car. That I what I like about it. Personal Opinion.

That is unrealistic all tuners know how fast their tune is.

So if I understand you correctly, you actually think that including some true aspects of real drag racing will make drag racing worse? Well, I couldn't disagree more, and it seems as if you've misunderstood the concept of drag racing to be honest.

Drag racing is about more than tuning a car you know. Otherwise drag races would take place at the engine dyno.

So if I understand you correctly, you actually think that including some true aspects of real drag racing will make drag racing worse? Well, I couldn't disagree more, and it seems as if you've misunderstood the concept of drag racing to be honest.

Drag racing is about more than tuning a car you know. Otherwise drag races would take place at the engine dyno.

I don't think you quite understand what we're getting at here. Back when SSRX came out, people finally found a way to tune a car as fast as it will go. After a couple weeks you had the majority of people with "maxed out" tunes for their cars. Take that online and your individual tune now becomes irrelevant since everyone else is running the same tune. Winner is decided based on reaction time/internet connection. Drag racing needs to be a combination of tuning ability and reaction time.

If this were a dedicated drag racing game, with plenty of tuning and upgrading options, I'd gladly support a timed system since the build possibilities of your car would be massive. But all we have to work with are 7 or 8 sliders in the suspension menu.

That is unrealistic all tuners know how fast their tune is.

Not without Speed Test, and hard to tell without physical Data.

This is not a drag simulator, I like how it is. And Harry describes it perfectly. If you where big into drag before SSRX time of GT5 you would know what I'm getting at. Everyone can have perfect tunes with speed test, without it not everyone has that so it matters on tune over tree.

I know what Drag Racing is, In the States 90% of the people know what it is. It was my opinion about the game not drag racing in general.

I see a lot of nobodies here criticizing people who have been doing this for a long time, which is pathetic.. Everyone tunes their own way and enjoys their own things, get over it... People know who I am, in GT5 I used Route X to tune for forum and team events, I honestly tuned maybe 10 cars at Route X, the rest were tuned live at Indy, more people tune like that than you realize.. Now back to what the thread IS ACTUALLY ABOUT ..

High ride height in the front (ie 3/4 to full up) seems to be considerably faster than all the way down in most cars in GT5. Also the cars "slide out" a lot easier on launch. I've been compensating by running 5,5,5 on the LSD and 3.5-5 front camber along with positive rear toe to keep them straight.. Most cars are well overpowered compared to GT5 ( I know because me GT6 garage is already at 300+) things are going to be different this time around, good luck to everyone-

"Run your car, not your mouth" -

Last edited:
Correct Michrule, though I am yet to experiment with it on an AWD car.
And I take no credit to this as someone mentioned it in a room, I experimented with it by timing myself at Indy, seemed plausable.. Had a higher trap speed at the overpass. (the ride height that is)

Is there still crazy wheelspin like GT5? Do you have to tune around the wheelspin like before, like what are the big differences for tire models?

Is there still crazy wheelspin like GT5? Do you have to tune around the wheelspin like before, like what are the big differences for tire models?

Cars spin just like gt5, but feels much more... planted. Hard to explain, but much better than before. High powered cars are hard to keep straight when launching.

Still don't know if just mashing on the gas is the best way to launch. I want to mess around with the clutch when I get my T500 :D

Back