GT6 Drag Racing Findings

• Thread starter michrulejj
  • 117 comments
Looks like all the big boys are coming back in full swing...I may have to pick this game up.

Let's say the "oh so great Slashfan" may be returning :sly:

If this were a dedicated drag racing game, with plenty of tuning and upgrading options, I'd gladly support a timed system since the build possibilities of your car would be massive. But all we have to work with are 7 or 8 sliders in the suspension menu.
Kaz was gonna include drag racing in both GT2 and GT3, but he never did for some unknown reason.

The kind of drag racing you guys are talking about makes no sense to me, which is why I've never done it, and probably will. I mean, what's the point?

We need a proper NHRA drag strip, with a functional tree. It would also be nice to be able to set a dial-in index, but first thing first. A drag strip, pretty please.
Its almost a slap in the face at this point. Gamers have always had to find a way to do credible drag races in the game. You would think by the 6th version of the game they would embrace the genre.

Worldwide Drag racing is bitter than Kart and Nascar. PD has already implemented 1/4 test tracks in virtually every game so far. Remember the 180sx drag car and other models on GT2? smh

Kaz has said in the past that there is a lot more things that play a role into drag racing than in the circuit racing or drifting and he still working on that, so I think once he figures it out than it will be included. FIY look for all the interviews that GT Planet have made with him and you will find his answer to that question, it's in the newssection of this site you gonna have to really search...

Kaz was gonna include drag racing in both GT2 and GT3, but he never did for some unknown reason.

The kind of drag racing you guys are talking about makes no sense to me, which is why I've never done it, and probably will. I mean, what's the point?

This thread is for drag racing findings that is different from GT5. If you never really got into it or did then why are you commenting in this thread? This is for tips and tricks, that you obviously don't know about so please stop this off topic chatter that doesn't lead to anything.

Kaz has said in the past that there is a lot more things that play a role into drag racing than in the circuit racing or drifting and he still working on that, so I think once he figures it out than it will be included. FIY look for all the interviews that GT Planet have made with him and you will find his answer to that question, it's in the newssection of this site you gonna have to really search...
I remember he saying something like that, yes. I have to disagree with him though. If he included E.T. Bracket racing, which has been possible since PS One, the only things he'd have to do is:
  • Make a drag strip with a functional tree.
  • Give us the ability to set our own dial-in.
That's it. Nothing like drag cars, drag tires, burnout procedure or staging procedure would be necessary. Also, this will allow all kinds of cars to race against each other, all with an equal chance to win. Those who likes to tune, like you guys, can do so, and those who don't won't have to.

Sorry for interrupting this thread.

So I have been tuning the pagani huayra for 3k and it seems that dampers and anti roll bars make a lot of difference than they did in gt5.Ride height and spring rates seem to work similar to gt5.

I remember he saying something like that, yes. I have to disagree with him though. If he included E.T. Bracket racing, which has been possible since PS One, the only things he'd have to do is:
That's it. Nothing like drag cars, drag tires, burnout procedure or staging procedure would be necessary. Also, this will allow all kinds of cars to race against each other, all with an equal chance to win. Those who likes to tune, like you guys, can do so, and those who don't won't have to.

Some people like myself don't like tuning just to tune to have the fastest time on speed test, but tuning without it so its not just a guess and check thing. Its hard to explain but ask people like Harry, Slash, Chris, etc. that been around for a while will prefer this way. Just can't explain it...

I suggest going and looking at some of the features of this game:

PS2-GAME-NHRA%20Championship%20Drag%20Racing.JPG

If GT6 had even 1/10 of the tuning options of this game, I'd buy GT6 for drag racing alone. But we don't have anything. I'd love the idea of a bracket system, and a tree. But putting SSRX back in will kill drag tuning. Think of circuit tuning. You make a tune and 3 months later still tweak it. I want that to apply to drag racing as well. I want it to be a challenge. Running against yourself is easy, anyone can do it. But getting a fast car by running other people, noticing small improvements in the tweaks you made is what I enjoy.

Guess what I'm saying is I want this game to be a challenge. If anyone, with little knowledge of drag racing can make a great tune in an hour by blindly tuning against himself, then something is wrong with this game.

Gt6 is not that different then gt5. Dampers definitely make a difference now. There is more control over spring rate tuning too. Toe and camber when I set to the way I had it on gt5 didn't seem to stop the spinning in straight line. I will test it with the same bhp as gt5 supra its only because the cars are so much more overpowered that so much toe doesn't seem to keep the car stable. I tried a number of toe angles testing rigorously yesterday.

Last edited:
You guys aren't even looking at the whole picture when discussing drag tuning. Tuners in real life are using laptops for Fuel/Air mixtures and ECU mapping(if fuel injection), or swapping jets in the carb for more fuel & swapping intakes for more air volume. Ontop of this, swapping camshafts, swapping heads, and getting port-work on days they aren't racing. The car itself is only half the battle, as it needs maximum power to achieve best results. Kaz has implemented none of the things I have said, and therefore tuning will never be like a Drag Race simulator game.

^^^Let's focus with the subject on topic, who cares what happens IRL drag racing, were trying to find the new things from this game and work around it...

So wraith is the break-in needed or not?

I've been working on mine a little bit, but i still get beat by chevy nova's, mine is running low 10's right now which is probly fairly slow, the supra's can probly run atleast mid 9's

You guys aren't even looking at the whole picture when discussing drag tuning. Tuners in real life are using laptops for Fuel/Air mixtures and ECU mapping(if fuel injection), or swapping jets in the carb for more fuel & swapping intakes for more air volume. Ontop of this, swapping camshafts, swapping heads, and getting port-work on days they aren't racing. The car itself is only half the battle, as it needs maximum power to achieve best results. Kaz has implemented none of the things I have said, and therefore tuning will never be like a Drag Race simulator game.
And it's not needed in order to have a enjoyable drag racing experience either, if Kaz includes bracket racing. 👍

Well I see alot of the familiars are hard at work...the cars in this version of GT are all different when it comes to hp/tq and handling, I have even seen the AI cars doing endos when braking(in the liscence events races). Drag racing, just like all forms of auto racing is all about tuning for a faster lap. We have grown to enjoy the headup competition both with and without knowing the actual ET's our cars are putting down. The use of the test track for me was a tool to see my tuning improvements when ever I lost to a worthy opponent especially since it can go days before we met again. I feel confident that it will be put into this game as well. We have alot to learn with the characteristics of GT6, but in time and updates the fun has just begun.

Sincerely tb08ss...(or...TBSS-2008)

Hey people, some might know me with my PSN ID "Brainblower" but this is my new account.
Anyway, I´ve fully upgraded & tuned my first R34 today (977 hp holy ****) including Nitrous....it´s absolutely insane.
I´ve tested the top speed on SSRX & it does +250 mph in no time. Also I´ve seen a KTM with over 900 hp & under 800 KG of weight. I got a feeling we´ll be having a lot faster cars on GT6.
What the hell happened to brainblower? I'm back on gt6 this weekend bro

So I've just skimmed through this thread and there's not even a way we can buy speed test? I have GT6 but haven't went through the DLC or menus yet, I was really excited to go drag racing as I only downloaded the speed test for GT5 a week ago.

Here's mine findings thus far.......
My crappy 343hp Sirion smacks half the old school muscle cars going around.
I'm certain common sense has been thrown out the window in this game.

Last edited:
Back