GT6: Livery Editor: Ideas?

A. There is no freedom of speech this is a private forum with rules which you've been told at least twice now.
B. Calling someone stupid is abusive.
C. Mods throw their weight around in enforcing the AUP which we all adhere to. Get used to it...I think it's about to happen shortly in fact...

A. There is freedom of speech everywhere.
B. Telling someone facts is not abusive. (Weren't you the one trying to intimidate me in the private messages? Thought so...)
C. Mods throw their weight around because they think they're special. Any one can be a mod.
and just to make another point, I'm no keyboard warrior, unlike some little Penso.....

I've made the same mistakes as FlickinBeanos did. He has to respect the people on gtplanet.
I respect those who respect me. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made the same mistakes as FlickinBeanos did. He has to respect the people on gtplanet.
Lots of us do Chad, me included. I've been put in my place more than once. The site has limitations and it's a great place to be because of those very limitations which foster respect and tolerance:cheers::gtpflag:

I thought this thread was about Livery Editor ideas...
It is, but I'm proving a point.

Lots of us do Chad, me included. I've been put in my place more than once. The site has limitations and it's a great place to be because of those very limitations which foster respect and tolerance:cheers::gtpflag:
I don't "get put in my place"because clearly, I'm just exercising my rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect those who respect me. Period.

Listen to me man. I've made the same mistakes as you did. I swear I want the freedom of speech as well but that got me into big trouble with the moderators and I'm very lucky I didn't get suspended. If you want to talk to me about it we have to do it outside of this forum.

Listen to me man. I've made the same mistakes as you did. I swear I want the freedom of speech as well but that got me into big trouble with the moderators and I'm very lucky I didn't get suspended. If you want to talk to me about it we have to do it outside of this forum.

There's no mistakes. I'm fed up with people thinking they can control everything. wer are here. Private site or not, it's accessible BY THE PUBLIC. I've not sworn, I've not made threats, I've not dangled my bits out on webcam for all to see. I have given MY opinion, and you lot wanna try and drive me down.

A. There is freedom of speech everywhere.

No matter how many times you say something, it doesn't make it true.

Again, this is a privately owned website. The Acceptable Use Policy you agreed to are the house rules Jordan has laid out for those who want to use his site, much as I'm sure you have your own rules at your own house. Would you allow people in who agreed to those rules before entering, only to ignore them once in?

B. Telling someone facts is not abusive. (Weren't you the one trying to intimidate me in the private messages? Thought so...)

Insulting someone =/= facts. Insulting someone = abusive.

If you believe you're receiving intimidating/insulting messages, there's a Report button. I'd recommend using it.

C. Mods throw their weight around because they think they're special. Any one can be a mod.
and just to make another point, I'm no keyboard warrior, unlike some little Penso.....

The staff has been hand-picked over the past 12 years by Jordan to uphold his rules, on his site. You couldn't be further from the truth.

It isn't my problem if it offends you. What if you happen to find an object hat happens to be shaped like the Star Of David, yet you're not jewish, and you take offence to that. Is it the star's problem? No. It's yours. If you get offended because you can't tie your shoelace properly, is that the shoelace's problem? No. It's yours.

Congratulations on missing the first part of a simple sentence. I'll repeat: If it violates the AUP.

Your posts throughout this thread have been abusive towards numerous members. That attitude is not conducive of a long stay here. So you either drop it, or are dropped.

No matter how many times you say something, it doesn't make it true.

Again, this is a privately owned website. The Acceptable Use Policy you agreed to are the house rules Jordan has laid out for those who want to use his site, much as I'm sure you have your own rules at your own house. Would you allow people in who agreed to those rules before entering, only to ignore them once in?

Insulting someone =/= facts. Insulting someone = abusive.

If you believe you're receiving intimidating/insulting messages, there's a Report button. I'd recommend using it.

The staff has been hand-picked over the past 12 years by Jordan to uphold his rules, on his site. You couldn't be further from the truth.

Congratulations on missing the first part of a simple sentence. I'll repeat: If it violates the AUP.

Your posts throughout this thread have been abusive towards numerous members. That attitude is not conducive of a long stay here. So you either drop it, or are dropped.

My posts are not abusive. You are on a power trip. Go ahead, drop me, but I'll be back

@FlickinBeanos

i2FsOXI.gif

My posts are not abusive. You are on a power trip. Go ahead, drop me, but I'll be back

Let's see (in bold):

then don't bother, but you can't stare at 95% of people who are BEGGING for this that it's pointless. You are pointless.
I'm a pointless human because I don't NEED a livery editor? I hope you enjoyed your time at gtplanet.
Glad you can admit that.
And you trying to threaten me? for freedom of speech? Oh my god! Please don't! I'm begging you! .....

What a crock. Why don;t you stick to games your own age, you know like that disney princess one for ps2? Or how about Nintendogs?

God you sound so much like a mother *Yawn* you're boring. All I di was say to the guy that I was happy he/she could admit that.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of their dustbin.......
You read that when you proof read your post. Oh wait too ignorant to do that! Either that or stupidity oozes from you.

Basically: this is not a big ask, nor is it optional. Drop the attitude on display above; you can disagree with people without resorting to verbal attacks.

Note to everyone: There's no need to double-post either folks; just hit the Reply button for every post you wish to respond to before typing, as it works the same as the old Multi-Quote function. There's always Editing, too 👍

Thanks for instructing me on the ways of multiquoting Slip 👍

That class of Sorcery was on an unreachable level before as I couldn't figure it out :dunce:

So, getting back to the livery editor question, here are my thoughts on the matter:

1. If this were a new sim, it would be last on my list.
2. However, for version 6.0, yeah, now would be a good time to add it.

I scanned through the first four or five pages of this thread, and didn't see anyone mention this one important aspect of a livery editor. When I raced online in iRacing, all my cars had the same design. So when I entered a race, racers began to remember the car (hopefully for good reasons). I think this is the powerful aspect of customization ... it allows others to quickly identify you above and beyond your PSN id. And I have to say, I was truly amazed at the creativity that some people demonstrated. I think it adds a lot to the overall experience. YMMV.

So, getting back to the livery editor question, here are my thoughts on the matter:

1. If this were a new sim, it would be last on my list.
2. However, for version 6.0, yeah, now would be a good time to add it.

I scanned through the first four or five pages of this thread, and didn't see anyone mention this one important aspect of a livery editor. When I raced online in iRacing, all my cars had the same design. So when I entered a race, racers began to remember the car (hopefully for good reasons). I think this is the powerful aspect of customization ... it allows others to quickly identify you above and beyond your PSN id. And I have to say, I was truly amazed at the creativity that some people demonstrated. I think it adds a lot to the overall experience. YMMV.
I see this being a bigger problem and hassle than what it's worth in GT6

On iRacing you;
A. Have a much more adult and mature (and smaller) community. Which equates to less people trying to be profane and immature, and with the smaller community you have less to patrol and control
B. In a PC sim you have the ability to take the templates out of game, use a program like Photoshop to make a decent and creative scheme, then import it back into game. GT6 would have to be strictly the in-game paint booth which would either have to use basic shapes and textures like the NFS series, or would have to use pre-made bases and sponsors, which when you have 1,200 cars is a big hassle. Plus getting every thing to be coded and work properly, and more importantly relatively easily, on a 3d model using a controller would be a massive task

So maybe at a later date we could see this, but as it stands now there are much more important for PD to address than adding a paintbooth which could add more harm than good

Not sure if it has been mentioned as I have not read the entire thread, but an easy fix for over-the-top liveries in lobbies would simply have an option in the lobby settings for "custom liveries on/off".

Maybe they could implement it into your own personal options so you'd never have to see them if you didn't want to.

Easy.

They would probably have to implement a default paint choice for your car, this could be seen if someone in a lobby has liveries disabled. It would at least represent the colors you choose (essentially just like GT5 minus your custom livery)

(all this considered, I realize the chances of a livery editor in GT6 are slim) Maybe GT7?! 💡

Last edited:
Going by my gut feeling, I think we will get an editor. It might be through an update or a PSN purchase, but I think we will get something. Also, going off what @FRoSTeD said, an option to turn off Custom Liveries would be easy to implement and would be useful for those who don't want to see what the little kids have created. Finally, the complexity of what the "livery editor" is could be the difference of whether it comes out via an update or PSN. If it is only decals, stripes, and numbers than it could easily be put in via update. However, if it is a full paint shop then maybe they put it in via PSN. I'm honestly not sure about how they would introduce it to the game and how it would be implemented but I do get the feeling that there will be a livery editor of some sort in GT6.

On iRacing you;
A. Have a much more adult and mature (and smaller) community. Which equates to less people trying to be profane and immature, and with the smaller community you have less to patrol and control
B. In a PC sim you have the ability to take the templates out of game, use a program like Photoshop to make a decent and creative scheme, then import it back into game. GT6 would have to be strictly the in-game paint booth which would either have to use basic shapes and textures like the NFS series, or would have to use pre-made bases and sponsors, which when you have 1,200 cars is a big hassle. Plus getting every thing to be coded and work properly, and more importantly relatively easily, on a 3d model using a controller would be a massive task

What about just pinstripes and numbers? How would you feel about that? I think that addresses most of your concerns.

We need more than just pinstripes and numbers. We need a full livery that can create anything from fast and the furious to professional advertisement. I think it would change the game more than some think. And if themes, stickers, stripes, and graphics aren't your thing then you can rest assured you will have one of the cleanest cars on GT.
It's all about style and personal choice, not just mine or yours, but everybody.

We're all confident that there will be no editor but there appears to be custom chips so what are the chances of these being exportble/importable skins where you can customise on a pc?

We need more than just pinstripes and numbers. (etc)
What he said. I've waxed poetic about a Livery Editor for some time now, and hopefully within a week, I'll have something ready to share with the class. Unfortunately, dealing with the world has eaten my free time for lunch. For months. :P

You read that when you proof read your post. Oh wait too ignorant to do that! Either that or stupidity oozes from you.

Yeah, I'm not going to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

What about just pinstripes and numbers? How would you feel about that? I think that addresses most of your concerns.

I don't think having a livery editor that is that basic is worth the effort. I think something on par with Grid 2 should be the bare minimum if they're going to slap an editor together. They should be capable of an editor on par with Forza however.

It needs a livery editor to where we can create pretty much anything on the car. That way everyone is happy. Although I do fear of many people creating some rather innappropriate material. I'm not giving any ideas:lol: But another thing I thought of is maybe a paint mixer. Like we can create our own paint. Any color, shade, hue, gloss, everything.👍

Back