GT6: Livery Editor: Ideas?

livery-610x173.jpg

What you get in GT5, and what it can look like in its nearest competitor.

source

I use to be against a livery editor because I was afraid of those who would abuse it. After some time though my mind changed and I think the positives that come out of it outweigh the negative.

Sorry but the GT5 one looks better

GT5 doesnt need to have a vinyl editor as complicated as Forza. You can put 4,100 vinyls on each car in Forza. No exaggeration. GT6 doesnt need anything that complicated but dang at least give us something. Kaz is too dang focused on "1,000" cars. If he is so obsessed with cars, just think of the possiblities if you allowed vinyls on all the cars. Even pre-designed vinyls would be better than nothing. Maybe we can pick the car we have and give us a couple different livery options. Maybe a "race vinyls" in the paint menu. Then we pick that and the car is pre-covered with a race package layout.

He headed in the right direction in GT5 with the race modded cars. While in the tuneup menu you get to turn some of the cars into a different car with a full race package. Different body kits, different race tires, and even Liveries!!! He is trying and taking steps in the right direction, just not there yet.

Last edited:
If they took good elements of successful systems from the past then they'd surely have a winner; take elements from MCLA, Forza 4 and maybe Juiced 2, surely a well-executed hybrid of the three would be incredible?

Oh wait, we're talking about PD aren't we...

Forget it.

2- If PD are lazy, they can copy paste what Codemaster did with GRID, and would be good enough. GRID was quick to make liveries and the money gained from sponsors was a very nice idea.
That's a pretty cool idea which I would like to see in GT6.

But yeah, PD should just copy/paste what the competition has with no shame at all. I'd imagine a livery editor would be useful for just about anyone, from the artistic guys to the amateur racing league drivers where they'd maybe just slap on a number with a few simple decals. I'm far from an artist, but I could see myself spending a lot of time personalizing my favorite car.

After all, I spend hours customizing shirts in the original Animal Crossing...

DarkAvengerZR1
I think they should make livery editor, yes... that also could kill the 4 GT500 GT-R's that are the same.

For example... they make one, the Calsonic. Then as color choice, you choose some pre-made liveries, as the Motul, Yellow Hat, etc... and let open for livery editor, so, we could make our version, like HKS livery, or Axia Trampio, Fet Sports...

Would be totally awesome if so.

They are all slightly different performance wise apparently

Even something basic that eliminates the need to collect paint chips would be welcome.

Like Forza and of NFS, if we could have a tab to select gloss, metallic, pearl, matte colors and the car's original manufacturer colors, that would be great. A way to enter RGB values would be nice too.

Simple shapes for a livery editor would do the trick. Some basic shapes, stripes, patterns and a good selection of manufacturer/sponsor decals with a way to flip/resize them would be great to have.

My ideas about a livery editor?

Just leave it out.
I really don't see what this would add to the game.

go away dude

👍
....What the heck is up with some people and liveries? Who wouldn't want to create iconic race cars or rally cars, Not to mention it puts replay ability through the roof. it's almost sad that people are actually against a livery system, Something that could really strengthen the game.

16153d1318528137-pmc-s-gtr.jpg
made this.

This is what i want but in GT. people need to wake up. Every serious sim racer has some type of livery system.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

6,000 Museum cards in everyones game saves, and no livery editor?

Beyond silly.

Lmfao this here sir is gold

Hell yes, give me a premium AE86! I still wonder, how GT5, a game who loves japanese vehicles, would leave one of the most iconic ones being a standard model!

I would exchange a Mercedes C63 AMG for it! :lol:

supra rz dude

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely need a livery editor for the helmet and racing suits

I would love to recreate the classic white with red/yellow/blue stripes racing suits from the 60s as well as classic helmets

samposey.jpg

the-legend.jpg

Take Forza's Livery Editor and slap on GT's ability to apply mattes and chromes (and actual white wheels) that Forza hasn't been able to handle to date.

There isn't a single reason that that I've heard of why it shouldn't be added that isn't in some form a personal bias against Forza.

Take Forza's Livery Editor and slap on GT's ability to apply mattes and chromes (and actual white wheels) that Forza hasn't been able to handle to date.

There isn't a single reason that that I've heard of why it shouldn't be added that isn't in some form a personal bias against Forza.

^That.

It would be better for the communities sake if they left out the option to import files. When someone puts in the time and effort into a Forza 4 skin you REALLY appreciate it. It's not worth anything if you just save a logo onto the PS3, rather than making it yourself.

👍 that. I am not familiar with Forza Motorsport at all, but what I've seen of it's livery editor looks astounding.

It is beyond astounding Gamer. I've spent countless hours with it, although I'm not very good, there's nothing like taking something online you have created.

GT6 needs this more than anything I feel.

Maybe I should get an Xbox...anyway, my ideas? I think we should be able to edit text on the cars, that's all I really want. It would be really nice to recreate a GT-R Black Mask out of a SpecV, but if I could paint the word "VENOM" on all my cars that would be sweet.
They have said the the captured bird years for the outside more then the bred bird, and I think that's my problem. I don't know what Forza can do, the only taste I have ever had of a livery editor was Need for Speed: Underground. Maybe if I had played F4, my expectations for GT6 would be higher.

It would be great but, in all honesty being an old school GT fan I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it.

Something that is always overlooked is the abilty to copy 1 side to another without everything being inverted. At least include some "Invert Selection" option to speed everything up.

Definitely need a livery editor for the helmet and racing suits

I would love to recreate the classic white with red/yellow/blue stripes racing suits from the 60s as well as classic helmets

samposey.jpg

the-legend.jpg

Same thing I thought about too. It'll be perfect and fun to design your cars and avatars. :)

GT6 would do well to have a livery editor, all the race and drift leagues, could have proper team designs and colours... It would be some relaxation time with GT6 when taking a break from racing, from the novice wanting to recreate their own car in the game (like myself on forza where I put TRD badges on my Celica) to the expert artist who could create fantastic works of art...

New photo mode competitions for the GT community, sharing designs and ideas, GT gamers actually owning and running design houses that racers and randoms can go to for expert designs.

Instead of focusing on the fact a few people would draw a penis on the car or a hello kitty Veyron, focus on the above stuff and the countless other off shoots a livery editor could bring to the franchise.

What every they do, dont make it so you have to use paint chips (terrible idea at first and still a terrible idea) and dont go charging game credits (or real money in DLC) to get certain shapes and tools in the editor, I mention this because I can see myself saying this exact line in the future!

"What? 1500Cr for a circle... this is bull"

I also dont want to see DLC being 1 track, 3 cars, 10 paint chips, collection of racing gear and livery editor shape pack 1

Jesus god no!

GT6 would do well to have a livery editor, all the race and drift leagues, could have proper team designs and colours... It would be some relaxation time with GT6 when taking a break from racing, from the novice wanting to recreate their own car in the game (like myself on forza where I put TRD badges on my Celica) to the expert artist who could create fantastic works of art...

New photo mode competitions for the GT community, sharing designs and ideas, GT gamers actually owning and running design houses that racers and randoms can go to for expert designs.

Instead of focusing on the fact a few people would draw a penis on the car or a hello kitty Veyron, focus on the above stuff and the countless other off shoots a livery editor could bring to the franchise.

What every they do, dont make it so you have to use paint chips (terrible idea at first and still a terrible idea) and dont go charging game credits (or real money in DLC) to get certain shapes and tools in the editor, I mention this because I can see myself saying this exact line in the future!

Which may explain why GT5's PhotoStream came first. Hopefully, a livery editor is to follow. It does make perfect sense.

Back