GT6: Livery Editor: Ideas?

Ideally, they would mimic lbp's creation system. My top three things for them to implement from lbp would be:
-A more dynamic control system. Make it cursor based, allowing you to click in items instead of digging through a list. Also, they could add lbp's transform system, were you could move, size, and rotate at the same time using both sticks.
-photo uploading: lbp allowed you to add photos from the PSeye which made tracing and side by side comparisons much easier. They could implement something like this, but allow you to use pictures from your ps3's phoo tlibrary for higher definition.
-corner editor. This was perhaps the most powerful tool on lbp, it made it dramatically easier to make complicated shapes, and would definitely set gt6 apart from forza. Just start with a square and pull corners and subdivide edges until you have the shape you want, instead of stretching and placing squares to get your shape.
Adding these three thing would make creation dramatically easier, and it would feel like a step up from forza's system rather then a copy.

Edit: sorry about the double post, my phone told me the last one didnt go through.

Guys you know that we will be able to do something with GT6 on PC right? What if the livery editor was available on PC to do? That would be fantastic right? You know, doing liveries with a mouse would be fast as hell and you could do them at work. Also, smartphone compatibility makes me think it could be also possible to do so on smartphones, same for tablets, which could make liveries even better and make us able to do them not just at work but also, basically anywhere at any time.

I'd be so happy if this was implemented.

Guys you know that we will be able to do something with GT6 on PC right? What if the livery editor was available on PC to do? That would be fantastic right? You know, doing liveries with a mouse would be fast as hell and you could do them at work. Also, smartphone compatibility makes me think it could be also possible to do so on smartphones, same for tablets, which could make liveries even better and make us able to do them not just at work but also, basically anywhere at any time.

This is probably one of the best ideas I've ever heard in this forum. 👍

Lord Protector

They did say at the Silverstone event that there will be GT6 stuff accesible through phones and I think I heard them say through the PC as well. Perfect Idea you came up with btw 👍

From one of the news articles on the official GT website..
Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

While I would love to see some form of PC or web-based livery editor that allowed importing of custom imagery, I have a feeling all we're going to get in terms of "other device connectivity" may be nothing more than an enhanced profile page on the official website (and perhaps an app that links to it) with the ability to manage some of the new social / community functions.

From one of the news articles on the official GT website..

While I would love to see some form of PC or web-based livery editor that allowed importing of custom imagery, I have a feeling all we're going to get in terms of "other device connectivity" may be nothing more than an enhanced profile page on the official website (and perhaps an app that links to it) with the ability to manage some of the new social / community functions.

you're probably 100% correct, GT6 Facebook like page. Oh and you'll be able to race your Bob's to complete half the game.

i'm hoping for a livery editor with paint colours that can be used anywhere on the car and a wide range of sponsors so you can make a road car a proper racer without needing to do racing modifications

I think the livery editor will be something between what we had in GT2 (choosing different types and colors for some pre-made liveries) and something like Grid2 has (pre-made layers of stickers, etc with fixed position...

I think the livery editor will be something between what we had in GT2 (choosing different types and colors for some pre-made liveries) and something like Grid2 has (pre-made layers of stickers, etc with fixed position...

Yeah something like Grid 2 would be nice.
Guess TGS should yield more concrete info if it's'technically possible'.;)

How about if when you take it online, the room host has to decide if your livery is acceptable?

Yep, this one. I'll treat your livery as part of the requirements for the room along with HP, race mods etc. So yes, your fre@king design is not welcome in my room, then go change it otherwise go look for another room.

I second this. I, for one, don't want to see penises and breasts speeding down TTGT at 250+ MPH.

I second this. I, for one, don't want to see penises and breasts speeding down TTGT at 250+ MPH.

Good point.
That would spoil online racing for me.:yuck:

And as been pointed out endlessly in this thread, the problem is solved by a simple toggle labelled "Do not show other player's liveries".

Boobs on a race car... it's happened before! (N24 2012 IIRC!)

edit:

Lol, just found this pic I edited at the time on another website...

1series.jpg

Well I think if they are willing to setup and apart server for all the liveries, like LFS does, that would make it much easier to filter the profanity and nudity out of it very quickly.

But at the end I will be hapy with any kind of livery editor, Even it it means I only can paste some manufactures stickers around the car, and be provided with some simple shapes, would already make it different :)

the possibilities are endless! Thats why i played Midnight Club LA just to make cars. Then i would get sad when i went to drive them cuz the game sucked.

This is why I like Forza 4. The Livery Editor is incredibly powerful, and the game doesn't suck. I still can't take a turn the way I want to, never could in any of them, but I reach a certain point of competency, and then the bots tend to want to have their way with me. :P Still, it's a fun romp, and millions love it.

But I'm hoping that GT6 offers us something between Ferrari Challenge and ModNation Racers in livery making power. Even MNR gives you enough basic tools to produce a very satisfactory ride, with a handful of vinyl shapes, decals and number plaques. The one thing I'm concerned about is the number plaque, because in league racing, they feature sponsors, sometimes other details. PD needs to provide something in this regard, or give us number plate making tools.

Back