GT6: Livery Editor: Ideas?

Hey everyone, not sure if anyones suggested this already but I was thinking about putting an optional Pen tool (yes like Adobe Illustrator etc). This tool would snap to grid points and make use of Bézier curves. Maybe the option to turn 'snap to grid' off. It could be possible to have a 'basic' and 'advanced' options. Regarding whether you want curves or straight edge, there could be a certain button on the controller that would have to be pressed. Also the ability to save custom shapes we make with the tool for future use. Maybe I'm being too ambitious here but I feel it would be a great feature to have and make it easier for people to create complex designs. I think it could be possible, or maybe I'm missing something.

Many thanks for reading.

Brad.:)

Kinda like in BO2. I like that idea. :)

Definitely need loads and loads of automobile themed logos. I want the livery editor to have high res images of Valvoline, Bridgestone, edelbrock carburetors, havoline, etc etc. Then give us Little Big Planet 2 style control over the images, right stick left or right to rotate, right stick up and down to scale. Left stick to move.

It upsets me that PD put liveries on the race mods....and yet we still cannot put a damn stripe on our cars.

It has to change. Really, how hard can it be? I refuse to believe PD are that incompetent. I have a feeling it's KY's decision.

A livery editor would be fun to use. As Toronado said, just have an option to turn off custom liveries in an online lobby and you won't have to worry about it. I personally would love to recreate cars from Initial D and a few others.

To be honest, I don't even understand why people are afraid of "offensive" liveries. I don't ever recall anybody complaining that some guy with a picture of a nude lady on his car was ruining their experience.

Back when I was racing online in Forza, I never saw an offensive livery. But I did see some excellent professional looking ones. This is what Gran Turismo needs most in GT6, or if it can be patched into GT5. The Race Mod liveries are too basic, and all you can do is change the main color.

Which is why I think a livery editor would be great. There aren't many immature people on GTPlanet. At least, I've never run into one.

Which is why I think a livery editor would be great. There aren't many immature people on GTPlanet. At least, I've never run into one.

I have to take issue with you there.

Most of GTPlanet is all men.

We are ALL immature by definition.

Ask my wife.

I mean on certain levels. I don't think that there will be a big issue of male reproductive organs from the people on GTPlanet. But that's just me.

Is I want to be creative I'll grab a piece of paper and a pencil.

It's not very creative if you think creativity is limited to paper and pencils and as Photo-Mode proves, people do like to do other (creative) things in a GT-game than just driving.
To be honest, I don't use Photo-Mode that much myself (but then again, I'm not much of a photographer in real life either) as I always go back to driving/racing when I turn on GT5.

I do however spend ages (relatively speaking) finding the right shade of grey to put on the wheels of a car for example, or finding just the right orange hue after repainting a car more than 10 times (and I'm under no illusion it affects the handling nor that it makes a difference at all as these subtle differences are largely only noticeable by me I've found), and I know a livery editor would give me a huge amount of pleasure and I would spend a significant amount of time playing with it (that's why I buy videogames, to enjoy them).

I'm able to realistically draw cars and design a custom livery on a piece of paper but then I can't drive or race them, or take pictures of it in different surroundings.
Is it relevant to have livery editor and design a livery just for the sake of enjoying the creative process or the result?
Dunno, is it relevant to do the same on a piece of paper?

If there was a livery editor, would it be only available on road cars? If it was put on Racing cars that could make the various GT500 cars obsolete.

Im guessing what will happen is that the GT500 cars (not the only one but used as example) will be put under 1 blank car but will have the actual team liveries as pre-existing templates.

If there was a livery editor, would it be only available on road cars? If it was put on Racing cars that could make the various GT500 cars obsolete.

Im guessing what will happen is that the GT500 cars (not the only one but used as example) will be put under 1 blank car but will have the actual team liveries as pre-existing templates.

The GT500 (and NASCAR by the way) cars have more differences than just their livery, there are slight differences regarding both the exterior and interior in some cases (in NASCAR it's the interiors which are completely different), nevermind a difference in specs so they won't be obsolete.
So you could have a blank version of each racecar in the game (and hopefully that doesn't mean the car count magically doubles regarding racecars which it probably will ;)).

In Forza 2 the livery editor did not allow you to paint race cars, I assumed for licensing reasons. Then with Forza 3 (and 4) you could re-paint race cars.

analog
The GT500 (and NASCAR by the way) cars have more differences than just their livery, there are slight differences regarding both the exterior and interior in some cases (in NASCAR it's the interiors which are completely different), nevermind a difference in specs so they won't be obsolete.
So you could have a blank version of each racecar in the game (and hopefully that doesn't mean the car count magically doubles regarding racecars which it probably will ;)).

Oh yes you are right I forgot about those differences.

In Forza 2 the livery editor did not allow you to paint race cars, I assumed for licensing reasons. Then with Forza 3 (and 4) you could re-paint race cars.

And it amazes me with the damage engine in the game and all the designs people create, I haven't heard a bad thing from any manufacturer against Turn 10 about having these features in the game. Why is it so different when it involves PD?

gthddp4.jpg

This pic still haunts me.

I wonder how PD feel when they put a livery design on a race mod. Do they grin inside?

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to multi-quote

I think the smartest idea for them would be to have a car, with liveries as paint options, including a white base!

I mainly want decals because I suck with livery editors.But if PD do implement somthing like the storefront in forza id be all for a full fledge livery editor.Also I would like to be able to paint the lights.Or atleast tint them.Since apparently a Livery Editor was on PD mind judging from that pic, theres no doubt in my mind that gt6 wont have some form of it....Then again this is PD so I would be more suprised if it was included than if it wasnt.

That is Kazunori at the keynote presentation at Tokyo Game Show 2006.

Look at how many things GT5 failed to see...

At least they're on the list. Which means that they have been thinking about it seriously enough to include it in a public presentation. Wouldn't be surprised to see it come true in GT6.

At least they're on the list. Which means that they have been thinking about it seriously enough to include it in a public presentation. Wouldn't be surprised to see it come true in GT6.

I can see it happening in GT6. It must have been ready in the old build of GT on the PS3, but than was left out to be saved for future GT titles? That's how I view it as. :P

I can see it happening in GT6. It must have been ready in the old build of GT on the PS3, but than was left out to be saved for future GT titles? That's how I view it as. :P

Or they wanted it in GT5, tried to make it work, realised they couldn't, then binned it.

I really hope there will be a livery editor, a proper one, in GT6.

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to multi-quote

I think the smartest idea for them would be to have a car, with liveries as paint options, including a white base!

Absolutely. Would also stop the needless menu scrolling through cars that simply pad out the car list.

Back