GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
F40, F50 & Testa Rossa (or 512TR as known in later years) are glaring omissions from the Ferrari line up as all worthy cars from the respective periods that they came from. With the F40 being universally recognised by a number of experts as the greatest of all time. The other half, the McLaren F1. Either way both cars are insane.
The F40 is in the game (from GT5: Prologue).

Perhaps I misunderstood your post...

The F40 is in the game (from GT5: Prologue).

Perhaps I misunderstood your post...

Thanks for the pick up and no you haven't, KKHN, I am wrong on the F40 *sigh*. I have obviously been sipping waaay to much Kool-Aid, wow 2 days in a row, working too many hrs not sleeping enough and not enough F40 usage

People complain there is too many Skylines? More like not enough!

There are hardly enough Skyline's let alone Premiums! We are missing at least 10 legendary Skyline's.

Autech Skyline Sedan GTR R33' 1998 (was in GT2)
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTS-T R32' 1989
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTS25T R33' 1993
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTT R34' 2001 (i like the facelift more) (was in GT2)
Autech Skyline sedan GTB R32' 1992 (4 door GTR only 1 made)
Nissan Skyline HT C210' 1979
Nissan Skyline Passage R31' 1987
REINIK Skyline 280 Type MR R33' 1997 (Was in GT2)
Nissan GTR Egoist R35' 2013 (not really a Skyline)
Tomica Nissan Skyline KDR30' 1982 (was in GT2)
Mine’s R33 Skyline GTR (was in GT2)

There are hardly enough Skyline's let alone Premiums! We are missing at least 10 legendary Skyline's.

Autech Skyline Sedan GTR R33' 1998 (was in GT2)
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTS-T R32' 1989
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTS25T R33' 1993
Nissan Skyline Sedan GTT R34' 2001 (i like the facelift more) (was in GT2)
Autech Skyline sedan GTB R32' 1992 (4 door GTR only 1 made)
Nissan Skyline HT C210' 1979
Nissan Skyline Passage R31' 1987
REINIK Skyline 280 Type MR R33' 1997 (Was in GT2)
Nissan GTR Egoist R35' 2013 (not really a Skyline)
Tomica Nissan Skyline KDR30' 1982 (was in GT2)
Mine’s R33 Skyline GTR (was in GT2)

Don't forget the R34 Z-Tune :)

Would like to see the AMG Hammer/560 SEC and the BMW M5 (E39) make an appearance as DLC, German muscle at it's finest.

And maybe the Ferrari 348TB, always had a thing for it's rear :P

-Ferrari Enzo FXX
-Aston Martin One-77
-Pagani Huarya
-Bugatti Veyron
-SRT Viper '13
-Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
-Ford Shelby GT500(662HP).
-Lamborghini Reventon
-Lamborghini Diablo GT
-Lamborghini Diablo GT2
-And possibly the new NSX.

You can't lie PD has provided a good amount of modern supercars.

-Ferrari Enzo FXX
-Aston Martin One-77
-Pagani Huarya
-Bugatti Veyron
-SRT Viper '13
-Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
-Ford Shelby GT500(662HP).
-Lamborghini Reventon
-Lamborghini Diablo GT
-Lamborghini Diablo GT2
-And possibly the new NSX.

You can't lie PD has provided a good amount of modern supercars.

This is why I laugh when people complain about no LaFerrari and P1. As far as supercars are concerned, we still got just about everything else. Besides, the LaFerrari is very new and to expect it this early on is ridiculous. I'm surprised even Forza has it.

GT6 list.PNG

This is on the GT6 website and still gives me hope that more new cars will be added. Lets not forget on May 22nd, an article was posted on GTPlanet that Mercedes have confirmed that the new A45 and E63 will be included. The thing thats annoying me is why do we need two models of the Huayra ?

;)

[OT]
right now I'm reading an article related to your previous post
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8760/hra8.jpg
[/OT]
Nice one cuz! They look fantastic together. The F40 may not be as pretty as the F1 but Damn!

The F1 and F40 are the two best and most fun cars to drive in the game IMO. I'm certain the F50 would join them if it were to be added, at least for me.

Personally I prefer F50 over the F40, down to the appearance, V12 engine, sound, etc, but the F40 is still a brilliant car and just so damn fun to drive, especially on the Nurburgring. I'd give the edge to the McLaren F1 though, what a thrill it is the drive and it's just so quick. Plus the looks... unreal. Not at all dated even today IMO. One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen in my life, if not the most.

I love it so much that I have about 10 of them in GT6. Only one of them is tuned, which is my makeshift F1 LM, the rest are just in different colours for variety. It feels like a sin to modify the car because it already drives like a dream.

View attachment 82820

This is on the GT6 website and still gives me hope that more new cars will be added. Lets not forget on May 22nd, an article was posted on GTPlanet that Mercedes have confirmed that the new A45 and E63 will be included. The thing thats annoying me is why do we need two models of the Huayra ?
There are multiple cars missing that were even seen in trailers (e.g. Acura NSX concept), and the X2014 is not on the list either.
The 6 months comment comes from GT 3-4 era... I remember it well.
I'm pretty sure it's from GT5, it's the main reason why they were able to make so many standard cars for GT4, but so little premium cars for GT5 (which was in development for much longer)

We're yet to see the Mazda Atenza with Sky Activ tech. We're missing a Mitsubishi model update. We have the newish Mazda Demio. And I'm sure we'll get more japanese tuner cars or tuner cars in general.

I'm actually very pleased with the car list. They've really tried to add cars from many different decades and I think they've succeeded quite well. Is it perfect? No but then, it never will be because everyone's view of 'perfection' is subjective.
Sure, I would have liked them to include Koenigsegg, LaFerrari, P1, etc but I think having these:

Ferrari FXX
Aston Martin One-77
Pagani Huarya
Bugatti Veyron
SRT Viper '13
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Ford Shelby GT500(662HP).
Lamborghini Reventon
Lamborghini Diablo GT
Lamborghini Diablo GT2

Is more than adequate and with DLC in the coming months, I'm sure some of those will be on the list. Remember how everyone was screaming when the Aventador came out? We then got it as DLC so I'm sure many of these will be eventually

Thing is, where else have you seen a Grande Punto Abarth? Or an R8 Gordini? 👍 These are unique to GT6. The likes of the Agera, LaFerrari, P1 etc will eventually be common in a lot of racing games. Can one say the R8 Gordini will be common? Doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite happy they added a lot of these cars. None of them I hate, but there's a lot more cars that I'd prefer to have. I can't wait to drive the Reventon. Probably my most favorite Lamborghino

Strong disagree. The FXX is basically a modded Enzo, albeit to quite extreme terms. Pretty much exactly like the F50 GT. I don't see why people wouldn't want the entirely new car over another version of another one.

Anyway, I'd easily swap any car in the entire game for an F50. I'd like to be hopeful for it in DLC but I just don't know with PD's half-assed DLC car selection... It's painful to see T10 having it in every single game, even FM1, while it's been notably absent in GT5 and GT6. All the other four Ferrari halo cars are now in GT6 -- 250 GTO, 288 GTO, F40, Enzo -- with the F50 strangely missing between them. Of course the LaFerrari is missing but it's a brand new car and will surely come soon.
Your wrong in saying the FXX is "basically a modded Enzo". Its much much more than that. Same with the F50-F50 GT. Theyre so far apart its night and day. The F50 GT was intended to compete and beat cars like the CLK-LM/GTR. According to owners of the car, it was faster than the 333SP around Fiorano (Ferrari's test track). Imo, it was foolish not to enter it into the FIA GT championship of the late 90's.

Your wrong in saying the FXX is "basically a modded Enzo". Its much much more than that. Same with the F50-F50 GT. Theyre so far apart its night and day. The F50 GT was intended to compete and beat cars like the CLK-LM/GTR. According to owners of the car, it was faster than the 333SP around Fiorano (Ferrari's test track). Imo, it was foolish not to enter it into the FIA GT championship of the late 90's.

Apparently, it did not meet the then current FIA regulations and so was not allowed to participate (I think) But yeah, F50 GT is an amazing machine. One of the best sounds in automotive history imo.

I know they're very different cars -- I was only simplifying the comparison by extending the idea that I'd rather have the brand new car (F50) over a car that is essentially a heavily modified Enzo, which it is. Yes, the FXX will smoke the Enzo and has insane performance, but with its appearance it's essentially a race-tuned Enzo. I'm not belittling the car, but simplifying it by comparing to the Enzo. Of course it is entirely its own car on its own.

Anyway, it's pointless since we can't replace cars with others, but it was just my response (opinion) to the poster who said the FXX is better than the F50 as a car choice.

In a perfect world I'd love to have the F50 and F50 GT to go with the Enzo and FXX, but even asking for one of them is too much for PD, which is a shame. And I agree that the F50 GT seemed like a wasted opportunity. Such a great car and it's a shame it didn't get to do much. I guess the FXX didn't either but that was really a customer car program anyway.

I'm really happy to see the Abarth 500 and Grande Punto, never expected to see those two cars get added. I'm also happy with the supercars. Overall, I love the car list and think PD has done a fantastic job of getting different types of cars. :D

Latest Posts

Back