GT6 - Removed/Added Features

Yes, you're right. I re-watched the trailer (0:45) and the 2000GT looks pretty premium to me :drool:
However, we still don't know about the cockpit quality of those cars (they could have simplified cockpits)... also, many scenes of those videos are not actual in-game gameplay or replays. It's not unsual for a videogame's movies/traillers/cut-scenes to be very gorgeous looking, but actual in-game quality to be much lower. So, I'm not adding it yet.
That's cool, like I said, even I'm not sure whether or not they're premium.

You can buy paint this time round, I saw it in one of the screenshots.

So it looks like both are in the game. This is OK.

What you can see in the screenshots is the price for painting apparently including the paint. There's no indication that you will have all colours at your disposal though.

I'm pretty sure the paint shop only stores paint chips you've obtained throughout the game. The price is the cost to paint the car.

What would be the point in giving you a paint chip everytime you buy a car, if all colors are already available to buy?

As for the C9, I've seen it in both trailers. First one, it was behind the pack of group C cars and it was in the Astronomy trailer as well. Like I said it's a stretch and unconfirmed.

It is a stretch indeed, but if you think about the fact that all of the cars shown in the trailers have been premium quality, It's not highly unlikely.

The problem now is sorting. Sorting through paint in GT5 was a pain. Just to get to a certain color palette, like red for examle, took forever. I hope there's an easy way in GT6's paint shop.

You're right... well, another duplication, at least they removed the two standard 2006 Ford GT (stripe & no stripe).

I hope that there is some difference between both, although I know it won't be anything more than paint option (which doesn't matter since we have paint chips anyway). Other than that, it's just the typical PD duplicate strategy.

The '05 GT was standard on GT5 now it's premium. The premium GT on GT5 was the '06.

Ha, typical PD right there. Although at the same time I don't understand why they didn't do this to more of the dupes. Imagine how many of those standard Skylines, MX-5s and RX-7s could become premiums... Not that I care really anyway as 1 premium model is good enough and that many variations should not be in the game in the first place.

The problem now is sorting. Sorting through paint in GT5 was a pain. Just to get to a certain color palette, like red for examle, took forever. I hope there's an easy way in GT6's paint shop.

Yep, this was a huge problem. Scrolling through thousands of chips just to get to green, for example. Hope they organize them by the base colour: Yellow, Green, Blue, Red, Orange, Purple, etc.

I hope that there is some difference between both, although I know it won't be anything more than paint option (which doesn't matter since we have paint chips anyway). Other than that, it's just the typical PD duplicate strategy.
Technically doesn't change almost nothing

The No Stripe version had more horsepower in GT5 (i don't know why... it makes no sense).

Hopefully we also get Suzuka West back, and it would be always nice to get some other variations of tracks such as Le Mans Bugatti (surprised this has never been added) and Monza Junior.

Also, good to see that they updated Suzuka with the tarmac run-off at Spoon (should have been there in GT5). Would have liked to see them update Spa with the new red/yellow kerbs but it is a bit of a nitpick.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the paint shop only stores paint chips you've obtained throughout the game. The price is the cost to paint the car.

What would be the point in giving you a paint chip everytime you buy a car, if all colors are already available to buy?

The system of accumulating paint chips in GT5 is nothing short of stupid.
If in GT6, this system were to be correct (eg acquiring once and for all the paint chip, which in turn should be paid only whenever something to do paints) would already have a good progress.

Technically doesn't change almost nothing

The No Stripe version had more horsepower in GT5 (i don't know why... it makes no sense).

Cause it didn't have the extra paint from the stripe to weigh it down, everyone knows a no striped car makes more power than a striped variant :sly:

Oh, for Improved features you can add Online lobby Time Trials and Drifting modes.

And you can add Stowe circuit to Silverstone's list of confirmed layouts.

Also, High Speed Ring looks to have time change now as well.

i1CFshQsHKuA2b.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed something strange in the moon/night logo: the background is of a different shade of grey compared to the rest.

Maybe it's a photoshopped image (a sort of placeholder)?

HSR at night will be awesome. To see the lit up track, and hopefully fireworks illuminating the bridge and water. It would be a spectacular venue.

To have redundant paint chip duplicates, of course! :D

Anyone know why those 3 went missing?
Ginetta G4 '64
Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74
Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05

I think this is because the Ginetta and Jensen were to bad quality to upgrade and would require new scans and they weren't able to get their hands in the real cars to scan, other option is that's because of licenses..

For the Jensen and Ginetta I would guess that it's due to licensing issues. I don't see why modeling them would be a problem, they are not rare cars.

The 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Edition was actually a real car. Maybe they removed it because people keep complaining about "duplicates". :lol:

Last edited:
I just noticed for the first time the payout is $2680. Good Lord, if there are no Seasonals with bigger payouts early on, I'm going to scratch my eyes out doing these races:eek::indiff::odd:. Ugggggggh:lol:

I just noticed for the first time the payout is $2680. Good Lord, if there are no Seasonals with bigger payouts early on, I'm going to scratch my eyes out doing these races:eek::indiff::odd:. Ugggggggh:lol:
It is only going to be painful if the a-spec is as boring as it was in gt5. I really liked earning the credits for the cars in the first gt and in gt2 already it was already a little bit too easy to earn credits. You could basically jump from your first straight to any non-racecar because the game gave you those expensive cars so early on.

But if the career mode is going to be yet another gt5 then obviously having tons of seasonals would only make the grind easier to suffer through. I'd be surprised if the gt6 a-spec wasn't a direct carbon copy of gt5 a-spec. Hope for the best, fear for the worst.

Where did you see / read that?

Edit: Nvm, didn't see the "moon logo" :dunce:

You aren't alone... I didn't saw it until read your post... :lol:

For the Jensen and Ginetta I would guess that it's due to licensing issues. I don't see why modeling them would be a problem, they are not rare cars.

The 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Edition was actually a real car. Maybe they removed it because people keep complaining about "duplicates". :lol:

Ya, I can see some possible license issues (like FPV in GT5, since they passed almost all cars from GT PSP, but no FPV, and aparently none again for GT6 :grumpy:), but I doubt that thing about the 350Z... they don't worry about having a base model GT-R for each year from 1991 to 2000, but would try to reduce the number of 350Z? not likely, specially when it's a special version.

And I didn't knew there was a real one of those..

Well the seasonal in GT5 did pay well, but then, if we look at the 4 images from the carrier in the GT site, you can see that's the 1st event of the 1st racing series in the game (Novice hall -> Sunday Cup -> Race 1), so for what it is, the payment is about the same as in previous games (if I'm not wrong).

The real question is if we can sell all cars (for a price, not just throwing them away like in GT5 for all 500k+ Cr. cars), and if we can win the same car over and over like in GT4, since this is the place where we can make massive credits, not from simple race wins. Unless that happens, I don't think Cr. will be easy to get, and that's a thing from GT4 that I would like to see back (along GT3 car roulette for championship prizes, but for this, it would also require being able to win the prize car multiple times).

if we look at the 4 images from the carrier in the GT site, you can see that's the 1st event of the 1st racing series in the game (Novice hall -> Sunday Cup -> Race 1), so for what it is, the payment is about the same as in previous games (if I'm not wrong).

The first race of the Sunday cup in GT5 payed almost twice as much. :indiff:

Last edited:
The first race of the Sunday cup in GT5 payed almost twice as much. :indiff:

Ok, that's no fun :indiff:

Just hope we can sell any and all prize cars for profit, and that we can win them multiple times...

On a side note, the pre-order/anniversary cars in the GT site have prices, and it seams like at last the GT40 isn't a 15 million car anymore, now's just 3,2 million, on the other hand from the same list, the Shelby Cobra Daytona it's 4,5 million and the Audi R18 TDI is 5 million.. so, they probably did change the prices a good bit...

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/preorder/#anniversary

Back