GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
The shadows weren't too bad apart from that one shot coming up mountain straight on the first lap. If the just get rid of that angle it won't be a big deal :)

Pd.. cant do shadows.That has to be the WORST looking shadows I'v seen , I'v seen glitched graphics cards be more consistent.. Watched the whole video.. its heart breaking.. the shadows are not even CLOSE to acceptable. GT Fives were better. I'm sorry PD can say they fixed them but they made them worst. RIP REPLAY MODE

Last edited:
So how does damage looks like? Was the impact with the wall strong or light? I can't watch the video right now, I only know that there's a damaged SLS :D

In my GTA/6 demo preview I mentioned those bad shadows and said that by my opinion are worse than in GT5. But I hoped they will fix them.. and they didn't, sadly.

So how does damage looks like? Was the impact with the wall strong or light? I can't watch the video right now, I only know that there's a damaged SLS :D

It was in about 75 miles per hour (120km/h) so... but it looks better than in GT5

please tell me those shadows flickering are a replay issue only...

also sounds don't seemed to have changed at all, like zero change.
For the most part, yes. Elevation changes are a huge issue for the consistency in the quality of shadows. The flatter the surface with nil elevation change make for much better quality shadows.

For the most part, yes. Elevation changes are a huge issue for the consistency in the quality of shadows. The flatter the surface with nil elevation change make for much better quality shadows.

Yeah, a yes or no would suffice, I just don't want it in actual game play because it'd probably be quite distracting. Replay I don't care too much about since I usually don't watch them.

Pd.. cant do shadows.That has to be the WORST looking shadows I'v seen , I'v seen glitched graphics cards be more consistent.. Watched the whole video.. its heart breaking.. the shadows are not even CLOSE to acceptable. GT Fives were better. I'm sorry PD can say they fixed them but they made them worst. RIP REPLAY MODE
It's a matter of having dynamic shadows with a feature of change of time. The light source is so far away that precision (smoothness and quality) of the shadows are just inconsistent. This IS a hardware issue and will be improved with the PS4.

Edit -

Yeah, a yes or no would suffice, I just don't want it in actual game play because it'd probably be quite distracting. Replay I don't care too much about since I usually don't watch them.
All right. So let's live in a world where explanations aren't necessary and no one likes to know the reasons behind occurrences, because there are people (umm, scientists? NOO WAYYY!) who are like that (so I like to get the extra sentence or paragraph for the convenience of others, and apparently, you're not one of them). And what if my "yes" was wrong and my explanations would be corrected by someone who knows better than me? I find factual corrections of my understanding about anything to be inviting.

Last edited:
Some shadows flickering are a side-effect of the dynamic lighting engine required to render changing time and weather.

It happens at the start for 2 or 3 seconds, nothing serious.

We must not forget that we are on PS3. I recall :

- PD implement dynamic tesselation on PS3
- 12 % increase of the resolution compared to GT5, GT6 will be 1440x1080p
- Better lighting
- Astronomical simulation
- Suppression of pixelated shadows in cockpit view
- Clean smoke and rain
- More animations on the track
- No tearing
- Anti-aliasing

Necessarily improvements will impact something as flickering and framerate.

I assure you, we will not see flicker in photo mode ;)

All right. So let's live in a world where explanations aren't necessary and no one likes to know the reasons behind occurrences, because there are people (umm, scientists? NOO WAYYY!) who are like that (so I like to get the extra sentence or paragraph for the convenience of others, and apparently, you're not one of them). And what if my "yes" was wrong and my explanations would be corrected by someone who knows better than me? I find factual corrections of my understanding about anything to be inviting.

Actually I do like to no the reason behind things, I think I've been in enough arguments were detailed info was exchanged for you to remember that. Also I didn't see really any flicker from the game play video only the replay so I was already half way to the assumption that it was a replay issue, just wanted to see if anyone had conformation. Take it as a sign of me trusting you in this instance. All that other babble I didn't need cause it's late...and I'm doing work and this and yeah.

If you really want me to get knit picky I can though :sly:

@Zlork Why would anyone think that we would see flicker in photo mode, that never once came to mind until you said it.

Still chase the rabbit start and is that a Bentley Speed 8, starting a couple of positions ahead of Jordan!!!
How on earth will it ever be possible for a SLS GT3 to catch an LMP car, even worse when the LMP has a head start? And how slow is that other SLS GT3? It is so easy to overtake even through the grass.
It must be some kind of Japanese humor, when they make these ridiculers grids. I don´t care about some bad looking shadows, new tire model or even the sounds. I just want some kind of realistic racing. Real starts with similar class cars on the grid, all of the AI cars and drivers are competitive. Is it really that hard to make PD?

Some shadows flickering are a side-effect of the dynamic lighting engine required to render changing time and weather.

It happens at the start for 2 or 3 seconds, nothing serious.

We must not forget that we are on PS3. I recall :

- PD implement dynamic tesselation on PS3
- 12 % increase of the resolution compared to GT5, GT6 will be 1440x1080p
- Better lighting
- Astronomical simulation
- Suppression of pixelated shadows in cockpit view
- Clean smoke and rain
- More animations on the track
- No tearing
- Anti-aliasing

Necessarily improvements will impact something as flickering and framerate.

I assure you, we will not see flicker in photo mode ;)
The best example I could find of the flickering shadows in the recent Bathurst replay is at around 21 sec. I'm not too nitpicky about shadows but idk how you can say that is "nothing serious". That is the most horrendous shadows I have seen to date...rather have gt5 shadows. Maybe it was something with the way it was recorded, or the phone screen I'm watching it on...at least I hope. If the hardware cannot handle it, refine everything to a lesser demand so that the entire game(graphics wise) is on par. Wait till gt7 to go nuts.

@Zlork Why would anyone think that we would see flicker in photo mode, that never once came to mind until you said it.

It was just to reassure :)

The Last of Us also has problems, flickering, low-res shadows, textures problems, lower framerate, etc.. And we were not huge, it is considered one of the most technically advanced games. So I don't see why it'll not be the same for PoDi and Gran Turismo 6.

PS3 has its limits, it's like that, we can't do otherwise

gran-turismo-6--644x362.JPG

The best example I could find of the flickering shadows in the recent Bathurst replay is at around 21 sec. I'm not too nitpicky about shadows but idk how you can say that is "nothing serious". That is the most horrendous shadows I have seen to date...rather have gt5 shadows. Maybe it was something with the way it was recorded, or the phone screen I'm watching it on...at least I hope. If the hardware cannot handle it, refine everything to a lesser demand so that the entire game(graphics wise) is on par. Wait till gt7 to go nuts.

Yes, I saw and ? It takes what ? 2 or 3 seconds ? This is nothing compared to 10 minutes of racing

Yes, I saw and ? It takes what ? 2 or 3 seconds ? This is nothing compared to 10 minutes of racing
It must be different on my end...otherwise you wouldnt have replied like such. I'll take a look at it on the work computer tomorrow...mine is sick currently. I'll reply back if I disagree:)

Why just don't disable them when quality falls below some level? I've asked myself this question since GP5P. For example Killzone: SF uses fade-in (fade-out) for those shadows and distant objects and it works pretty well hiding blocky shadows and pop-in.

It must be different on my end...otherwise you wouldnt have replied like such. I'll take a look at it on the work computer tomorrow...mine is sick currently. I'll reply back if I disagree:)

No, I agree ;) There is a problem of shadow flicker at the beginning to 21 s. But it's certainly not that will stop me buying the game, there are much more important than that.

Back