GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hereby propose a 1 week boycott of all Gran Turismo 6 (GT6) online server activities.

Starting on March 1st and concluding on March 8th at midnight local time, we the people of GTPlanet (GTP) will have our voices heard.

As server activity is monitored by both PD and Sony, this is our chance to let it be known our dissatisfaction with: 1) GT6 as an unfinished product; and 2) PD's poor communication with its customers. Edit: More specifically, regarding in-game bugs, missing features, and upcoming content.

Please keep this thread clean and void of any negativity or hostility toward Kaz and PD, to ensure our message can spread.

Together, our voices will be heard. We come in peace to remind those at the top, that we, the paying customers, are the ones that truly have the power.

Please show your support for the cause by liking this post!

-gs

Edit: Don't forget, even logging in just for the bonus counts as "server activity".
not going to happen. honestly the LESS we play will show we given up. so y'all need to Keep Calm and carry On. anyways we are just a small fraction of GT players. I doubt it will affect anything.

This boycott idea is pathetic and flawed.

- Firstly, the number of people participating in the boycott is tiny and insignificant. The majority of online players are either casual gamers, and therefore not on GTplanet or other GT forums, or hardcore GT players - all of whom will play online regardless.

- Secondly, it's a proposed 7 day boycott. What is the point? I could understand it if it was a permanent boycott until PD delivered everything you want from GT6 - whether that means 3 months or longer, but 7 days?! Why even bother?

- Even if there was a measurable drop in online usage (which there won't be), how would that affect PD? They don't care. If anything they would probably be happy to be able to reduce their server output for a week.

- Furthermore, PD would not put 2 and 2 together even if they did notice lower online usage.

- Finally, they don't care. Having a couple of people boycott playing the game isn't going to make them work any faster or release any updates or content until it's ready. You're just punishing yourselves.

I recommend forgetting about your little computer game mutiny, putting your controller and keyboard down for a couple of days, and spending some time doing normal outdoor things for a bit. It's a $50 video game kids - it's really not that important.

This boycott idea is pathetic and flawed.

- Firstly, the number of people participating in the boycott is tiny and insignificant. The majority of online players are either casual gamers, and therefore not on GTplanet or other GT forums, or hardcore GT players - all of whom will play online regardless.

- Secondly, it's a proposed 7 day boycott. What is the point? I could understand it if it was a permanent boycott until PD delivered everything you want from GT6 - whether that means 3 months or longer, but 7 days?! Why even bother?

- Even if there was a measurable drop in online usage (which there won't be), how would that affect PD? They don't care. If anything they would probably be happy to be able to reduce their server output for a week.

- Furthermore, PD would not put 2 and 2 together even if they did notice lower online usage.

- Finally, they don't care. Having a couple of people boycott playing the game isn't going to make them work any faster or release any updates or content until it's ready. You're just punishing yourselves.

I recommend forgetting about your little computer game mutiny, putting your controller and keyboard down for a couple of days, and spending some time doing normal outdoor things for a bit. It's a $50 video game kids - it's really not that important.

But it's important enough for you to come on here, read this entire thread, and then make a big huge post explaining why it won't work, and even if it did work, still PD wouldn't care. LOL.. I think you care more than the people you are telling to "go outside", and "it's only a game".. etc..

BTW I don't care either way and never thought it would work, so don't start with me.

BWX
But it's important enough for you to come on here, read this entire thread, and then make a big huge post explaining why it won't work, and even if it did work, still PD wouldn't care. LOL.. I think you care more than the people you are telling to "go outside", and "it's only a game".. etc..

BTW I don't care either way and never thought it would work, so don't start with me.
Erm. His points are more valid than the idea of 15 people not playing GT6...

It's funny how you guys think this is going to do anything.
It has done something.

http://translate.googleusercontent....12596/&usg=ALkJrhjG-douUmEoTt21XNE-RbV3eDPG5Q

Ctrl+f the word "boycott". This is a Japanese forum and by the looks of it, it has quite some traffic. As you can see, this is the 121st thread about GT6 (each thread containing about 1000 posts).

As I have already noted in my previous post in this thread, the idea of a boycott already made its way in French and German speaking forums. Not so bad, I would say, considering it spread through English, Japanese, French and German speaking forums.

I have a feeling you (plural) don't understand what the logic behind a boycott is but perhaps you could make an effort and wonder why Femen are protesting topless and why you know the group Pussy Riot (I thought it is very appropriate to mention people from the Ukraine and Russia).

Is there actually more people playing now than days before? My impression...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

(I'm not specifically addressing to mralex)

Oh crap...
Jordan said that we should see the VGT this Friday...

This means all the people boycotting will feel like they have actually accomplished something.... :ouch:

Oh crap...
Jordan said that we should see the VGT this Friday...

This means all the people boycotting will feel like they have actually accomplished something.... :ouch:
Great, I'm so pumped for this VGT I can't contain myself. The first 2 were so awesome that I may have to call off work for the next week. :drool:

If you guys are having so much fun being an anti-boycotter why the need to post in here again and again? If you aren't down with the boycott go post in another thread or make a new one.

Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not mean you have to receive them with so much animosity. Differences are what make each of us special. Just accept that you have a different opinion than that of the original poster.

Last edited:
Great, I'm so pumped for this VGT I can't contain myself. The first 2 were so awesome that I may have to call off work for the next week. :drool:

If you guys are having so much fun being an anti-boycotter why the need to post in here again and again? If you aren't down with the boycott go post in another thread or make a new one.

Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not mean you have to receive them with so much animosity. Differences are what make each of us special. Just accept that you have a different opinion than that of the original poster. Humanity is ****ing doomed
Fair enough, I came here to let them know this would not work, and show, statistically, server activity has actually gone up.

You showed what?

I have been on most of today and the lobbies are full to the brim, the boycott is a load of **** and will never happen. These people are logging in and playing because they enjoy the game, you think after spending hard earn cash on the game people are going to give up playing on the say so of some children on this forum because they are unhappy with certain things:boggled: You don't like the game that's your problem, I honestly couldn't care less:lol:

Okay.

There are, as of 9:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, 2,301 users online, guests included.

Let's assume that number reaches 4,500 (I could be wrong), a somewhat reasonable peak, and everyone sees this boycott.

Let's assume that everyone who reads it will say "Yeah, I'll boycott!"

Out of the 3,000,000 (I could be horribly wrong) copies sold, let's assume that 50,000 (I could be wrong), give or take, are playing online currently.

It would be like trying to empty the ocean with a bucket by hand and finishing in a week. In other words, pointless.

Yeah, I hate Polyphony Digital for their terrible communication with their players, but what will this boycott do? I'm sure there might be other civil solutions than just boycotting.

Ye gods! Too much mess to clean up....

I'm (fairly) sure you're not all quite as obtuse or ignorant as you seem to want to indicate, so why do you insist on going to such lengths to prove otherwise?

I suggest, before you take your pointless and destructive bickering to another topic, you take a step back and ponder whether or not you actually have anything of use or relevance to offer. If not and its just going to be more of this, then step away from the keyboard.

If I see any of the protagonists here continuing elsewhere, I'll be handing out warnings.

Thread re-opened. Keep it civil. To the anti-boycotters - leave it be. You don't agree or think its a waste of time, that's fine but don't throw your weight around just for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back