GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 2 days left and we can run down PD´s GT6 servers again? (aka move from GT5 to GT6 servers)

If @Whistle Snap is right, I'm going to forget all the negative feelings I have about GT6 and PD. Hopefully we'll see more than just the F1 cars too.

So, you're going to just forgive PD for adding a couple F1 cars? Have fun with your continued disappointment. It's possible that PD could surprise everyone but given what others have said about the anniversary of Senna's death, it's unlikely, especially when their FB page says "A collection of iconic cars back in the limelight at MTC." I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with GT.

Besides, a couple cars is not enough to forgive the empty promises and cluster:censored: we currently have going on right now with GT6.

So when the BMW VGT car comes and there's no update or mention of it, what are you guys/girls going to do ?

So when the BMW VGT car comes and there's no update or mention of it, what are you guys/girls going to do ?

I'll be attempting to get my money back, then waiting for pCARS while I play FIFA on PS4

So if GT6 is not my game that means I can return it to get a full refund because it is not a full game and I am disappointed with the game.

You quoted me here but I think you forgot what you quoted as you were typing.

You knew what you were buying.

They told you up front what was included at release. Please don't get all whiny because yet again its not "finished"... What you got was finished product, the things that aren't there is what as know as Planned DLC.

I'll be attempting to get my money back, then waiting for pCARS while I play FIFA on PS4

That made me think for a moment. Could one get their money back on a game that's already dropping in price? Assuming you mean a full refund, can it be done? Truthfully I wouldn't expect less then half of what you bought it for, unfortunately.

OK let's attempt to get this thread back on topic before a God *cough* Mod decides that we've strayed to far from the AUP...

I wonder how well this boycott is truly going... The true numbers of GTP on gt6 seems to be a drop in the bucket. Plenty of lobbies, plenty of fun. Why must people cry like toddlers over things they were TOLD they can't have YET. Not that it isn't coming but that it isn't here yet... You were told what you were getting out of the box, you had the information to make an informed decision before you went and put down X amount of denomination on a copy... Please for the love of god, please just stop. If you are not happy, go and hide your game or sell your game and wait for the "Full" game to be released. Don't presume to tell someone how to make something they designed. They (PD) have not cheated, lied, or decieved you. Let's see you code a game on this scale, even using preexisting resources (standard model cars), just on your own and see how well you do.

This boycott just feels infantile, the collective crying of privileged children. I fully accept and encourage your means of protest, this is your right, but you must also accept my views on the subject.

You knew what you were buying
This is not your game

Have a wonderful day GTP :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Uh huh, didn't I just read you in a photomode thread basically complaining that PD "Should've added new phototravel locations"? Yep I did. So I get, your important thoughts on what's wrong with the game and what needs to be added are all important. Yet people who have been patiently waiting for too long on advertised features to be installed into the game and try to express their opinions about it are "crying toddlers" and infantile. Good stuff. You feel better after that rant?

Funny trend I'm finding. A noticeable percentage of the people I see coming into these threads to complain that others have complaints and how people are entitled crybabies and all that tired drivel seem to be people who mainly post about photomode. And most of the features people are waiting on are more on track related. Wonder how many of those people would be "crying" a storm had PD decided to dangle photomode for a indefinite period of time as "coming soon...maybe"?

That made me think for a moment. Could one get their money back on a game that's already dropping in price? Assuming you mean a full refund, can it be done? Truthfully I wouldn't expect less then half of what you bought it for, unfortunately.

I called Sony when the game first came out, and they told me I would have to go to the retail store I purchased the game from first (Gamestop for me) and if they refused then I would have to call Sony back. It shouldn't be a hard case to make, the box and the website are full of features PD promised that haven't arrived 3 full months after release. It's false advertising.

I called Sony when the game first came out, and they told me I would have to go to the retail store I purchased the game from first (Gamestop for me) and if they refused then I would have to call Sony back.

I don't know about you, but Gamestop has never been reliable to me, they probably will refuse.

It shouldn't be a hard case to make, the box and the website are full of features PD promised that haven't arrived 3 full months after release. It's false advertising.

Who knows, there's no deadline for when the features do arrive so it's all in patience. I mean, it isn't that far into false advertising if they blatantly said it's coming at a later date. Then again, not everyone knows this.

I don't know about you, but Gamestop has never been reliable to me, they probably will refuse.

Who knows, there's no deadline for when the features do arrive so it's all in patience. I mean, it isn't that far into false advertising if they blatantly said it's coming at a later date. Then again, not everyone knows this.

I've had pretty good experiences with gamestop, but I've never tried to return a new game, only used.

Yes, it was stated that certain features would come "later" but you only knew that if you were a regular here or kept up with the press conferences held by Sony/PD. However, they also said we would be getting a track per month, 2 updates in January (we only got one, IIRC) and we were also told there would be an update in February which we all know never came.

3 full months after release (at full price) and STILL have broken tuning adjustments, broken online, unstable gameplay (still get full system lock ups and triple beeps while actually driving, mostly at Bathurst) and empty promises. That's reason enough to be dissatisfied and entitled to a refund, IMO.

Uh huh, didn't I just read you in a photomode thread basically complaining that PD "Should've added new phototravel locations"? Yep I did. So I get, your important thoughts on what's wrong with the game and what needs to be added are all important. Yet people who have been patiently waiting for too long on advertised features to be installed into the game and try to express their opinions about it are "crying toddlers" and infantile. Good stuff. You feel better after that rant

Funny trend I'm finding. A noticeable percentage of the people I see coming into these threads to complain that others have complaints and how people are entitled crybabies and all that tired drivel seem to be people who
mainly post about photomode. And most of the features people are waiting on are more on track related. Wonder how many of those people would be "crying" a storm had PD decided to dangle photomode for a indefinite period of time as "coming soon...maybe"?

OK yeah sure Complaining... My words were that I would have liked to be able to use the tracks as full locations. I was not taking the time to just whine about the fact that "I paid 60 whole dollars for this game that I had no say in creating not having every little feature, car, and option
Available to me" i was voicing an opinion, free from criticism and whining. Read first, call people out second. You look much less stupid that way...

Edit: I'm not going to go so far as to be hypocritical and call you out on a positive contribution to the thread you called me out on. But great sense of community on GTP. Gotta love it here

Another conversation best taken to PM please.

Had he taken the time to actually do so, I'd have no problems. He chooses to cross thread troll me on positive contributions. I have no problems taking this in private. I apologize for cluttering the thread @Vagabond

I don't want F1 cars, I have F12013 which is well capable of providing f1 simulation on a bug-free endurance racing format. And anyways, I will only rage even more when I bash into the AI who do their Sunday coasting and lose my front wing... Better AI, standing starts, endurance racing, track creator PLEASE!

I don't want F1 cars, I have F12013 which is well capable of providing f1 simulation on a bug-free endurance racing format. And anyways, I will only rage even more when I bash into the AI who do their Sunday coasting and lose my front wing... Better AI, standing starts, endurance racing, track creator PLEASE!

You're giving PD far too much credit, at most it would look crumpled a bit and have no affect on performance. What, do you think PD has the time and budget to make an actual damage model?! Oh, wait...

lol. F1 2013 has just as many bugs. I'll edit a video onto this.

Language warning

lol. F1 2013 has just as many bugs. I'll edit a video onto this.

Language warning

Just to add to this.

I like F1 2013 as well (on PC).. but there is another terrible gfx bug that CM knew about and never fixed that really pisses me off and makes F1 2013 look horrible at times. just a visual gfx bug, but still..

Here food for thought, unless mentioned before...
image.jpg

Why would you even post this nonsense without bothering to check any of the backstory?
I think he may be a bit of an attention seeker! He didn't reply to any of the posts asking for a proper source so I think he was telling porkies looking for attention :P

I think he may be a bit of an attention seeker! He didn't reply to any of the posts asking for a proper source so I think he was telling porkies looking for attention :P
And we'll have dozens of people who will complain about getting cars we were never promised.

The whole people complaining about an unfinished product is a bit ridiculous to me, if not totally. You knew what you were buying into when you bought the game, you knew that there were features to be released via update at some unverified point. Right now the only thing that can really be complained about is that Zahara hasn't been released yet because it was said, by PD, to be released mid-February.

As far as communication goes, this is bad. More than anything I'm surprised that PD hasn't learned to account for their routine tardiness. They should by this point have learned to announce release dates for content that are a good bit after what think they will have it done by. Nobody ever complained about getting an update early, its late content that creates these kind of forums. I just hope that PD isn't going to short out on content for GT6 because they are taking so long. They said they planned consistent updates for at least a year, and the slower flow of updates better not mean that they stop after a year and leave us with less content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back