GT6 server boycott: March 1-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say in the grand scheme of things, boycotting GT6 won't make even the slightest bit of difference.

It'll be like having a very fattening cheeseburger except this time the cheese is low fat instead of normal. You can by all means do it but do you really except it to make that much of a difference?

Did you really enter a boycott thread and expect to not find people complaining about the game? There are threads that are specifically created to praise PD, maybe you should do a little searching and spend more time in them:tup:
I don't specifically search for threads unless I'm looking for tunes and such.My rant was referring to the fact that these threads are always all over the main GT6 forum,which I normally try to avoid.I entered this specific one because I hoped I read the title wrong due to the complete ridiculousness the OP is asking of fellow players.If you disagree;fine; it doesn't matter to me,it's just my opinion

Last edited:
Can't do that. No fun sitting up on a high horse talking down to folks to be had there. How dare people have a different opinion of the game. They should be silenced.
I wasn't trying to imply that I see myself above others,just sharing my opinion on the over abundance of complaint threads/forums,all are entitled to their opinion just wishing they had their own sub forum or something,trying to find interesting threads that don't revolve around complaints is a hassle compared to four years ago.

Same boat. :(

I just think it's really sad the way things are going and does not bode well for me continuing with PD/GT7. :indiff:

Yes. There is a limit how many times you can make the same game over and over again without killing the franchise and GT is no exception in this.
/Rant mode
It seems like PD was left behind from general progress in driving game development. When we were asking for more old tracks competition was doing jalopnik car community DLC specials. Now more tracks just don't cut it. GT looks now more like tech demo than a game compared to other games. Ok, GT is a simulator but when you just cannot get engine sounds right in simulator game, you loose that argument quickly. Of course you can say that they are trying to but some fun to the game with Moon buggy thing :D Why not then even allow players to put freaking dirt tires on every car to drive rally!!! Track editor in GT5 was ok but not like they used to be in olden days. I mean I would love to build tracks like in old game "Stunts" and drive those supercars through the loops and super jump :) So just simply fix the sounds and hire some people with experience in building roller coasters.
/Rant mode off

I am sure I will buy GT7 and return to complain here again in 2016.(That's how it has always been)

In theory, this idea is about as ridiculous as that time people thought if they could get people to not buy gas on a particular day, it would make the big companies lower prices at the pump.

Last edited:
How is this going to hurt PD in any way though? I'll be boycotting though, as I haven't played in a while and don't plan on it in the near future anyways.

GT6 sucks.

From what I've seen other people saying about GTP, a lot of us are apparently whiny babies. It's not hard to see why someone would come up with that conclusion.

As of a week ago I've been working on my favorites list so when my friends come over we can just play split screen, so the boycott thing wouldn't be of interest to me in the 1st place, even if it could work.

From what I've seen other people saying about GTP, a lot of us are apparently whiny babies. It's not hard to see why someone would come up with that conclusion.

As of a week ago I've been working on my favorites list so when my friends come over we can just play split screen, so the boycott thing wouldn't be of interest to me in the 1st place, even if it could work.

GTPlanet - Whining since 2013

Sounds like the whinners are ruining the GTP's reputation...

(To whiners) ... Just go home and eat vegetables...

So, let me see... I should refrain from using a product I've already purchased, so that they would make it better?

Just like, "man, these new adidas I've bought really suck... I'ma walk barefoot for a week, pretty sure they'll regret making such a shameful product"

Sorry, I might have missed the point here, but that sounds pretty much like if you catch your wife cheating on you, and you cut your balls off as a revenge :)

You people are blaming the messengers.

If GT needs complaining about, then it needs complaining about.

Don't blame the messenger or the forum in which the messenger uses to deliver the message.

There's a great thread for the both of you, where you can go and whine about how you think people whine too much here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nd-crying-thread.282208/page-133#post-9396084

Feel free to post to your heart's content over there, and try to keep this thread on topic.

misc_flame_war_in_progress.jpg

The thing is, if we whine about the whiners then we aren't really helping the cause. I can see why they're frustrated, I really just wish there was anything to move us forward.

There's a great thread for the both of you, where you can go and whine about how you think people whine too much here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nd-crying-thread.282208/page-133#post-9396084

Feel free to post to your heart's content over there, and try to keep this thread on topic.
If I came off as whining then I apologize.

I did sign the petition yesterday as I really want some sort of change to how PD operates. I don't think their current methods will continue to support them much longer.

You've been posting childish, mellow, humorless crap for years, but *now* you feel embarrassed?
Umm. The things I post aren't embarrassing, there meant to be fun and silly. But hey, if you're jelly, don't be afraid to admit it since your fun level is nonexistent. :sly:

Umm. The things I post aren't embarrassing, there meant to be fun and silly. But hey, if you're jelly, don't be afraid to admit it since your fun level is non nonexistent. :sly:
One thing you are consistent about Toko, you never let anything get you down!!:cheers:

Ha. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, people don't take Activision and EA seriously anymore either. :lol:

Yeah, that's a bit different though don't you think? Both those companies became "giants" and mainly compete with each other with FPS titles. EA makes a bunch of different games, so does Activision. PD makes one game, GT.

P.S. EA got awarded "the worst American company" the past 2 years in a row IIRC. Do you really want PD to turn into that?

Ha. Nothing wrong with that. I mean, people don't take Activision and EA seriously anymore either. :lol:
What's Activision and EA have to do with GT?

There is something "wrong with that". It sucks that Kaz and PD have wrecked the once great GT franchise (for lack of a better term) with their incompetence (or apathy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back