GT6 v1.01 - details

• Thread starter Tintorera
  • 368 comments
Not relevant to the thread really, but anyone who doesn't want to wait, or didn't pre order. You can pick the game up tonight at midnight at places like WalMart or what have you.
I'd like to do that but unfortunately we are in the middle of a winter ice storm where I live. Doubt I'll be able to get it this weekend.

Adaptive tessellation has failed us. D:

It could be related to that. The LOD levels might have been adjusted back to let the adaptive tessellation do its stuff, and for some reason in that shot it hasn't.

What's weird about this, is that this is photo mode, and you would have thought the LOD levels would be less aggressive for performance there...

I won't be able to play till Feb...

Know how you feel... it'll be after Xmas at least before I can even think of buying it

Does "concern" me a little at such a large update already... I thought Microsoft had the patent on releasing stuff onto the market before it was complete and then making people download multitudes of updates... how many will be needed by the time I buy the game in Jan or Feb? Might end up spending the first couple of days just downloading updates rather than playing the game.

...and yeah I am probably bitching a little but when my hard earned $$$ are involved I tend to be.

- With version 1.01 after you are forced to purchased a Honda Fit, you can purchase a different car right away with your 13000 credits left (+5000 if you decide to sell the Fit) without the need to do first a race with the Honda.

- New option added in Quick Options (pause menu options): Ghost Display [Semi-Transparent / Line]

Last edited:
- With version 1.01 after you are forced to purchased a Honda Fit, you can purchase a different car right away with your 13000 credits left (+5000 if you decide to sell the Fit) without the need to do first a race with the Honda.

Now I understand. That's pretty nice of them. /sarcasm

- New option added in Quick Options (pause menu options): Ghost Display [Semi-Transparent / Line]

Couldn't you already do that? also How the hell do we sell cars?

It wouldn't let you before because it was the only car you owned.

Oh I see, I remember having enough credits after the Fit to buy another car anyway but didn't bother checking if I could.

although I have to say Them choosing your first car isn't really bad, the dealership has way too many cars to choose one.

edit @shirakawaa Oh I see thanks alot, I was looking for an option to get rid of my Civic for ages :lol:

although I have to say Them choosing your first car isn't really bad, the dealership has way too many cars to choose one.

That's what I've been thinking all along. Imagine someone who doesn't play GT very much starts GT6 sees 1207 cars laid out in the dealerships not knowing what PP is needed for the first race and ends up buying a car that is way too overpowered for the first race and then has to sell it and lose 20k before they've even started.

Sometimes casuals need a helping hand at the start of a game.

I like the new tire squeal
I got my game today, a I patched it right after the install.

To be hones, so far its the most joyless Gran Turismo start I ever had.
The first 10 minutes I was constantly shaking my head.

What I can say from the videos before, the gallery view at the car dealer was changed. Instead of a withe background the car is rendered in some sort of concrete cube, it looks like utter crap.

Also I have a question to the other people who have the game already. Are the cockpits of the Fit and the Lotus Europa, really that low poly or is that a glitch? They look really bad. Also for the Europa, the adaptive tessellations does no seem to work. Even in photo mode I can exactly count the polys in the wheel arches.
can it be worse than gt5? I better not delete my gt5 install then :nervous:

I think physics have changed a bit. I started out the game again (hopefully the last time for the time being), only this time with a Daihatsu Mira TR-XX and it seems to have more terminal oversteer on lift-off than I remember. I fitted a sports exhaust and it also sounds more aggressive than before.

Couldn't you already do that? also How the hell do we sell cars?
I think I caused some confusion because I wrote that you can now sell your starting Honda Fit. That likely happened because I had a few preorder cars in my garage, since apparently (I haven't tried to verify this) you can't sell all your cars. The actual news I meant to post was that in v1.01 you can now purchase a different car before racing with the Fit, but now I'm not sure anymore if you actually couldn't do that in v1.00 :( I think I would have noticed though.

Well I got 1.01 as day one (only had the game about 4 hours, 3 hours playable because of the patch).

I also activated my AE version, 20 cars, plus 5 cars for pre-order, credits (trying to stay above 1 million is more rewarding though, haven't broken below so far), paint chips, but not many helmets race suits.

Overall, this is basically a perfect game, heaps of offline, ui issues all solved/improved, I'm loving it!

I think I caused some confusion because I wrote that you can now sell your starting Honda Fit. That likely happened because I had a few preorder cars in my garage, since apparently (I haven't tried to verify this) you can't sell all your cars. The actual news I meant to post was that in v1.01 you can now purchase a different car before racing with the Fit, but now I'm not sure anymore if you actually couldn't do that in v1.00 :( I think I would have noticed though.

@shirakawaa - I got 1.01 and was forced to purchase the Fit, but hey its an 'ok' car, so I didn't mind.

@shirakawaa - I got 1.01 and was forced to purchase the Fit, but hey its an 'ok' car, so I didn't mind.
Couldn't you click on "dealerships" again and choose another car with your remaining 13000 credits after being forced to purchase a Honda Fit?
Or did you have to do a race first?

Couldn't you click on "dealerships" again and choose another car with your remaining 13000 credits after being forced to purchase a Honda Fit?
Or did you have to do a race first?

Yes, sorry I could buy an 'additional' car, but I couldn't go ahead and buy any car for 30,000cr straight away, which irritated me a tiny tiny bit, but really nothing to write home about, an hour or so later I had 44,000 credits and could buy whatever I wanted.

But the other cars were greyed out with crosses, initially, so I was forced to buy the Fit.

Why have they removed the Quick match online option on the day of release?

That was one of the main reasons that I bothered to pre-order the thing. Ridiculously Shady behaviour, they'd better patch it back in.

Why have they removed the Quick match online option on the day of release?

That was one of the main reasons that I bothered to pre-order the thing. Ridiculously Shady, they'd better patch it back in.

They will, come January. They said so last Monday in Ronda.

EDIT: never mind answered above ;)

Looks like Tuesdays will be the new Seasonal Event days I'm guessing... maybe they'll wait a bit before starting them, who knows...

i seriously hope they fix the tire squeal. that'll make the game very hard for me to play if they dont.

Bare in mind, it's only like that when you're drifting.

In racing, it's actually much better compared to GT5.

Although, us drifters definitely would prefer a re-do.

Bare in mind, it's only like that when you're drifting.

In racing, it's actually much better compared to GT5.

Although, us drifters definitely would prefer a re-do.

I knew there was something up, differences between racing and drifting that is. But I also read somewhere that there were different sounds emitting from different tries, comfort, sports, racing. Anyone up for confirming this notion?

On
i seriously hope they fix the tire squeal. that'll make the game very hard for me to play if they dont.

Only comfort tyre sound bad, the sports and race tyres sound OK

One of my first few novice races with the Honda Fit, at Brands Hatch, was day dreaming and crashed :)

Damage is mostly dents and scuffs
Had Sports Hards and stiffer suspension upgrade, plus wheel upgrade - that's all.

Sports hard tyres sound OK - the stock comfort tyres were screechy but only when pushed hard like hand braking and drifting

Back