GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,146 comments
If anyone is looking for a fun car that runs 44's, try the 997 GT3. I decked mine out in Aqua Blue Metallic like my "S" in my garage :) Add aero, move all ballast to the front, front end lift hack and you sit RIGHT on 449 peepeee. No TC needed as it's a 911. Engine likes a LOT of revs.

Scariest moment of my life today when a Spanish driver said to me "see you next race..." after accusing me of ramming everyone off the track.

I'm not ready for the apparent retaliation I have coming for me!

Daily B is starting to annoy me.
Quali time is 19.9 and I’ve tried to better it but seem to at my talent limit with it. I’m starting P7/P8 every race and I’m always in the middle of chicane for the start. Car behind catches me on the start line and the car ahead drive off. That first lap is a challenge on cold tyres trying to keep the car behind.

Quali time is 19.9 and I’ve tried to better it but seem to at my talent limit with it. I’m starting P7/P8 every race and I’m always in the middle of chicane for the start. Car behind catches me on the start line and the car ahead drive off. That first lap is a challenge on cold tyres trying to keep the car behind.
Formation start there is terrible. They fixed this on Sport so we were closer and everyone was on the straight, I don't know why we're back to this nonsense. If you're not in top 5 off start you're knacked, they're through Eau Rouge while everyone else is at arriving at La Source.

Love the track, love driving there, but the racing has been a procession besides the odd mistake here and there .

Last edited:

Try the following trick. Once on the straight, zig zag hard to warm up the tires, staying on the outside line.. the one behind you will choose the inside line... take it easy... take a wider arc at first creating a very narrow exit... due to the fact that your tires are warmer, should you be able to take the corner tighter with more speed... then you can take Eau Rouge full with most cars. The driver behind you (if the overtaking worked in the first corner) has less grip and less downforce when he's in your slipstream... that should help you at least for the first few seconds...

Formation start there is terrible. They fixed this on Sport so we were closer and everyone was on the straight, I don't know why we're back to this nonsense. If you're not in top 5 off start you're knacked, they're through Eau Rouge while everyone else is at arriving at La Source.

Love the track, love driving there, but the racing has been a procession besides the odd mistake here and there .
The other day I start right on the turn and I didn’t have enough steering angle as I was trying to judge where I would be and ended up going off the track.

Yeah I like spa. It a shame its a Gr3 race. I really wanted a Gr2 race here. The green Astro turf here can be quite dangerous if you dip a wheel on.

Try the following trick. Once on the straight, zig zag hard to warm up the tires, staying on the outside line.. the one behind you will choose the inside line... take it easy... take a wider arc at first creating a very narrow exit... due to the fact that your tires are warmer, should you be able to take the corner tighter with more speed... then you can take Eau Rouge full with most cars. The driver behind you (if the overtaking worked in the first corner) has less grip and less downforce when he's in your slipstream... that should help you at least for the first few seconds...
Thanks. I’ll give that a go next time.

Also not if you know or anyone else... But does moving the fuel mix to mix 6 on the warm up bit before the countdown actually give you more fuel? I’ve seen a few YTs do it.

Last edited:
Nine minutes already this screen.... it's sooooo nice that 1.17 finally fixed bugs... oh no.. there were new cars... oh how great.

And for this AWESOME gaming experience you have to have an online subscription too.. it's always a pleasure.

Attachments

• 20220624_183816.jpg
    20220624_183816.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
not the most sportsman’s like way to win a daily race but couldn’t help myself.
A feature I never expected to see but makes me laugh

Not a fan they've added horns. Going to get very annoying very quickly IMO. We all know how people of the internet can be.
Agree. I saw a live stream and nearly every car was blowing the horn, I’m sure the novelty will wear off soon.

I decided to do a couple of quick 450PP build's for the R33 GTR for Race A, one is a normal build and the other has the jacked up front suspension.

The gasser has 101bhp more and is 40kg lighter.. it's around 2 seconds faster per lap in race, the power makes up for the slower cornering due to the dodgy front suspension. It goes to show why loads of people are doing this to there cars to get the power advntage!

FWCdTbfXkAMr9wC.jpg

FWCdTbfXkAMr9wC.jpg
FWGyWblUYAYbYMR.jpg

In the 2x races i did with the Gasser build i was running low 1:44's without any practice (i didn't want it on my leaderboard), low 1:46's in the proper build after 2x races.

After running a few laps setting a time with the proper build, i'm at my fastest so far slightly pipping my TVR time at a 1:45.5. I will easily run 1:44's in it as the 1:45.5 was a messy lap!

EDIT: Just added the 3rd screen if anyone wants to give it a try and i noticed i had Anti-Lag turned off, turning it back on! (dropped a tiny bit of PP)

Parts - Semi racing silencer, fully adjustable suspension, anti lag, brake bias controller, ballast, power restrictor
Wheels - aftermarket - standard size - wide - wide
Aero - Front type A, Medium Custom Rear Spoiler

Attachments

• FWCdcFAXwAAY8gf.jpg
    FWCdcFAXwAAY8gf.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
More great fun in Race C today. Got DR to A+. It took 56 races over 11 days to go from never having done a sport mode race to DR A+. Originally my goal was just to get the trophy for 50 sport mode races, but decided I kind of like it so far. I've been lucky to race with mostly fair drivers.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220624115504.jpg

@Talon16

I decoded the Ford GT LM RaceCar SpecII.
I'm down with him with Automatic shift to 2.18,225, a low or middle 2.17 are absolut possible i think.
He drives phenomenal and I've quenched his thirst. It is possible to do 2.5 laps on Fuel 2 and 2.5 laps on Fuel 1 without noticeably losing too much speed. I've now tested it in 4 races, in the first 2 I was still a bit overwhelmed because you have to drive it with a manual gearbox and I'm not really good at it. But Spa is quite easy to shift in the Ford and so I was able to win the last 2 races relatively easily. You only have to shift it in the range of 6500 rpm and the consumption drops significantly. As an aid, 6500 rpm is roughly in the middle of the rev bar, so half of it can be red. Shifting a little earlier is also possible but not necessary, unless you want to try to drive 3 or even more laps with petrol on 1.

My Q Lap

Here you can see that there is still a lot of time on the track.

Last edited:
@Talon16

I decoded the Ford GT LM RaceCar SpecII.
I'm down with him with Automatic shift to 2.18,225, a low or middle 2.17 are absolut possible i think.
He drives phenomenal and I've quenched his thirst. It is possible to do 2.5 laps on Fuel 2 and 2.5 laps on Fuel 1 without noticeably losing too much speed. I've now tested it in 4 races, in the first 2 I was still a bit overwhelmed because you have to drive it with a manual gearbox and I'm not really good at it. But Spa is quite easy to shift in the Ford and so I was able to win the last 2 races relatively easily. You only have to shift it in the range of 6500 rpm and the consumption drops significantly. As an aid, 6500 rpm is roughly in the middle of the rev bar, so half of it can be red. Shifting a little earlier is also possible but not necessary, unless you want to try to drive 3 or even more laps with petrol on 1.

My Q Lap

Here you can see that there is still a lot of time on the track.

Nice! I was literally coming here to post about that car as I bought it to run on my burner account (which is saying something because I don't have a lot of money on that account it). I turned off all of the assists that I will sometimes turn on with the MR cars (just running ABS). I am having a blast with it. I agree that it is very capable. It doesn't have the crazy low-speed oversteer like some of the others. I've found if you shift at 6,000-6,500 you can basically run FM1 the whole race (just keep your eye on it). Supercharged V8, she has the grunt to pull those lower RPMs.

I'll have to jump on my main account and give it a go in quali (don't want to on the burner because I prefer starting towards the back). Your lap was pretty legit; I haven't been able to get into the 18s yet but it's all been with the Supra over like 15mins.

I was having fun with it starting P10ish on the secondary account and going for podiums. Wasn't able to do a lot today but I'll be doing some more tomorrow.

41f239010ea31c1824f2a5ffcff3f097_photo.webp

I really liked the car in the 1P stuff, but never really gave it a go in BoP online stuff. Since giving it a fair shake, I like it thus far.

I swear they've done something with the MR cars that goes past just BoP changes. I did a race today in an A+ lobby in the Citroen, of all cars, and got 3rd. They handle pretty nice. They're a slight bit slidey, but they're nowhere near unmanageable. Even the R8 drives well, and that car couldn't take Eau Rouge flat without spinning a couple months ago.

I think I've podiumed in most of them - a lot of them have great fuel consumption so you just drive it flat to the end, and whilst you lose a bit of time on the straights, you can still make it up in the 2nd sector. I honestly encourage people to try the cars they've been pushed away from before; the huracan, the R8, the Ferrari, they've certainly changed for the better and I'm not afraid to pick a car with an MR counterpart for manufacturers next season. Honestly thinking about going Lambo.

Was in two minds if i should share this, as i'm kinda over it now..... but if there is anyone Spanish on here who'd be able to translate & summaries what this guy is saying so i could get more clarity on what i did to annoy him so much it would be most appreciated ;-)

If you don't speak Spanish its just another dirty driver video, nothing that you haven't seen before

Was in two minds if i should share this, as i'm kinda over it now..... but if there is anyone Spanish on here who'd be able to translate & summaries what this guy is saying so i could get more clarity on what i did to annoy him so much it would be most appreciated ;-)

If you don't speak Spanish its just another dirty driver video, nothing that you haven't seen before

YouTube can put English subtitles on videos now. Click the subtitles button and then in settings switch to auto detect English. See attached image.

From what I understand from the subtitles is he is complaining that he doesnt get time to practice and people mess with him. Then as you pass he says no one is going to do it again and then the rage kicks in! He then says No no no no as you run cars, then he’s not happy with the 4 seconds penalty. After that the guy is then genuinely upset and angry that you made a fair pass. He said he was going to pierce you again before you put braked him while he tried to pint you again.

As for the move I done actually know why he was angry. Looked a clean fair pass. As for the rubbing… could be they thought you was pushing then wide?
It’s idiot like him that want revenge but end up destroying others peoples races that need banning. If you want revenge dont include other drivers that have nothing to do with it.

Attachments

• 2CAEFA7C-7A4F-411F-8345-A87956F22FDC.jpeg
    2CAEFA7C-7A4F-411F-8345-A87956F22FDC.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 9
YouTube can put English subtitles on videos now. Click the subtitles button and then in settings switch to auto detect English. See attached image.

From what I understand from the subtitles is he is complaining that he doesnt get time to practice and people mess with him. Then as you pass he says no one is going to do it again and then the rage kicks in! He then says No no no no as you run cars, then he’s not happy with the 4 seconds penalty. After that the guy is then genuinely upset and angry that you made a fair pass. He said he was going to pierce you again before you put braked him while he tried to pint you again.

As for the move I done actually know why he was angry. Looked a clean fair pass. As for the rubbing… could be they thought you was pushing then wide?
It’s idiot like him that want revenge but end up destroying others peoples races that need banning. If you want revenge dont include other drivers that have nothing to do with it.
Jesus, imagine being glib enough to think this is worth putting on a public live stream.

I know it's attractive to want to be a streamer these days and make money playing games but man, not everyone got that kind of likeability.

It's hard to say, Barron.

On the face of it, it seems he's genuinely upset because you passed him and that's as far as it goes. The only thing he says directly referencing you is "oh he doesn't know, does he?"

My interpretation is any of:

1. As mentioned above.
2. He doesn't like that you've chosen a faster car, sees it as some kind of exploit.
3. He thinks you don't see him on your right and you should have been giving him more space ("he doesn't know [I'm on the outside of him]")
4. There's some unknown previous that he wants revenge for ("he doesn't know [what you did to him before]")

It's hard to say, he doesn't explicitly tell.

Also not if you know or anyone else... But does moving the fuel mix to mix 6 on the warm up bit before the countdown actually give you more fuel? I’ve seen a few YTs do it.
I just tried this and was able to run the Hyundai in fuel mix 1 for all 5 laps besides half a lap or so I ran in 2 to make sure I was okay for the final lap.

So purely anecdotely it seems to make a difference!

Just curious.

I see a lot of comments relating to Race B & even A but a lot fewer regarding Race C. I was just curious as to why the focus on Race B as opposed to the longer race C?

Seems to be happening most weeks, not just this one.

I just tried this and was able to run the Hyundai in fuel mix 1 for all 5 laps besides half a lap or so I ran in 2 to make sure I was okay for the final lap.

So purely anecdotely it seems to make a difference!
How did your race go? Decent result?

Back