GT7 May Update Discussion

I did say some pages ago that my prediction for this update was "dissapointment".
Still, i'm shocked
That can only mean that the June update will be a big one exactly like the February/March updates were! Btw, we have to see the patch notes yet and those will clearly be released tommorow morning. I hope for the engine swaps and special part shop being added, at the very least.

Ive just used google translate on this site and its right.

3. The "Engine Replacement" service will be added to GT Auto.
The service will be available from collector level 50 and will allow, with suitable vehicles, to purchase and fit engines of other cars.

4. The new "Supreme" category will be added to Setup.
The service will be available from Collector Level 50 The "Supreme" category adds more tuning options and several rare parts.

Happy days with all them new engines to try out. :cheers:

Ive just used google translate on this site and its right.

3. The "Engine Replacement" service will be added to GT Auto.
The service will be available from collector level 50 and will allow, with suitable vehicles, to purchase and fit engines of other cars.

4. The new "Supreme" category will be added to Setup.
The service will be available from Collector Level 50 The "Supreme" category adds more tuning options and several rare parts.

Happy days with all them new engines to try out. :cheers:

Could also just go to the English site?

That can only mean that the June update will be a big one exactly like the February/March updates were! Btw, we have to see the patch notes yet and those will clearly be released tommorow morning. I hope for the engine swaps and special part shop being added, at the very least.
It appears you were correct. The engine swap shop just transformed this update into one of the best ever

Well that is kinda neat. I'm not much of an engine swapper but maybe I'll try it out now. I know a lot of people are so it's cool for ya'll. Also looks like those worst-roulette-prizes-ever parts can now just be purchased.

Wonder if the engines and parts will be removed from the roulette all together (I doubt it).

Not gonna lie I chuckled a little that the prices of those carbon propeller shafts that have been near impossible to get are only 4.5k

But seriously I'm glad this is finally happening. It's so fun trying to get the crazy engine swaps tuned to be drivable it's always been crazy how convoluted the current system has been to date.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I chuckled a little that the prices of those carbon propeller shafts that have been near impossible to get are only 4.5k

But seriously I'm glad this is finally happening. It's so fun trying to get the crazy engine swaps tuned to be drivable it's always been crazy how convoluted the current system has been to date.
Now, the next goal they should work on is to fix the ridiculous roulette system.

Now, the next goal they should work on is to fix the ridiculous roulette system.
With this update, to me it addresses the biggest complaint really I had with the roulette system, think the main thing remaining is the invitation system. It bothers me so much that I got the Ferrari invite but couldn't afford both cars a year ago because I didn't have access to the grind events that early in the game, and haven't seen it since. But have gotten multiple invitations for manufacturers I've already purchased the cars from in that time, frustrating that the invitations expire to begin with.

multiple invitations for manufacturers I've already purchased the cars from in that time, frustrating that the invitations expire to begin with.
The backlash for not selling cars lead to them adding the ability to sell cars

And now the Engine swaps and S parts are now going to be purchasable

Who knows? Maybe the invitation system will end up being a 20% discount on cars from that marque.

With this update, to me it addresses the biggest complaint really I had with the roulette system, think the main thing remaining is the invitation system. It bothers me so much that I got the Ferrari invite but couldn't afford both cars a year ago because I didn't have access to the grind events that early in the game, and haven't seen it since. But have gotten multiple invitations for manufacturers I've already purchased the cars from in that time, frustrating that the invitations expire to begin with.
Do you think it would be a good idea to just tweak the invitation system or to remove it completely from the game? Personally, I think it just needs to be overhauled.

Last edited:
Do you think it would be a good idea to just tweak the invitation system or to remove it completely from the game? Personally, I think it just needs to be overhauled.
I don't want to derail the thread too much, but in my opinion invitations are an alright concept. Personally what I'd do is remove the expiration, make it so you cannot get duplicate invitations after doing this, and replace the 6-star roulettes for parts/engines after this update with 6-star invitation roulettes. Once you get them all, 6-stars could be just the standard one that's credits payout.

Engine swaps just add to Kaz mentioning players may be able to build their own cars. Took a few years, but we’re kind of there. Now, we just need to able to gut interiors, add special seats and at least, change steering wheels.

So engine swaps are freely available for a fixed price?
Appears to still be for certain cars

3. The 'Engine Swap' service will be added to GT Auto.​

This will become available at Collector Level 50. On eligible vehicles, this service allows users to purchase and equip new engines from different cars.

Back