GT7 needs much better car list!

• Thread starter adw123manu
  • 214 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes this has been mentioned allot of times... and yes a better car list is needed! But hey, we do have SOME new cars...

Why not some of the everyday cars that makes up most of the car list? No love for them?

Sure, supercars and racecars are awesome, but a regular car brings it back down to Earth.
Exactly... Real driving simulator and all I see is Ferrari here, and Lamborghini there... Why not city cars like a Peugeot, a Seat, a Golf, an Opel Corsa... Or for the Americans, why not an Impala, a Camry, a Crown Vic, etc..?

It's not that we need more Supercars or latest just needs to be balanced out.

That's where the argument of 100 skylines 50 miatas etc etc comes out of, because of how off-balanced it is.

Like I said a billion times it's one thing to have 12 pages of Nissan cars vs. just 1 Cadillac that's been the same one since GT4 some almost 10 years ago now.

What I'm talking about is not more of the 50 "different" models of the same cars, cars like these:

2014-mazda6-sport-three-quarters-view-3.jpg

elegant-blue-color-hyundai-veloster.jpg

2012-dodge-dart_600x0w.jpg

Would balance out the supercars and racecars.

What I'm talking about is not more of the 50 "different" models of the same cars, cars like these:

2014-mazda6-sport-three-quarters-view-3.jpg

elegant-blue-color-hyundai-veloster.jpg

2012-dodge-dart_600x0w.jpg

Would balance out the supercars and racecars.

Yes. Those are the cars missing... A car you´ll most likely seen been driven on the road by a regular joe rather than a Ferrari driven by some rich guy... I mean c´mon! There are deffinitly more city cars than supercars. Why can´t we have them? There are so many nice city cars arround. Some old, some new. We need variety in Gran Turismo... Not have 150 supercars, 100 race cars, a couple of bad treated legends of rally and just a few city cars....

Just saying I understand you guys want the more everyday cars, but honestly after the first bracket of career mode most of my cars were filled with Sports Cars and Race Cars.

Like I said over everything rather have balance, but I always love to see race cars/super cars cause those are my fantasy cars, and also one day I want to own one if possible.

Well, there are a few things they could do that would really help: (I would format this as an unordered list but if I do that then everything will go wrong)
- Drop the Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster variants that don't exist (EU and US versions of JDM only special editions)
- For standard cars with a lot of subtle variants, make a premium model, and apply it to all of the duplicates. (e.g. There is one premium R34 GT-R... drop some of the other variants if necessary and apply the premium model to the other most similar models (change brake calipers, wingy bits, some interior details for non V-spec models etc.)
- For poorly represented manufacturers (Caterham) - add some significant models
- The addition or upgrading of cult cars from the suggestions list would make a lot of fans happy (Gen 2 Honda CRX SiR, E30 M3, Supra RZ, Isuzu VehiCROSS :dopey: etc.
- Yet more Lamborghinis; don't stop now PD, you're on a roll! Now lets get the Aventador Roadster/J, Veneno Roadster, Egoista :drool::drool::drool:....

Sorry, I trailed off there didn't I?

I know is been mentioned in countless other threads but they need to tidy up most of the standards, some haven't been touched up since GT3.
As well really limit duplicates to say 3. Per model. This whole 1200+ cars thing is getting tired.
Myself personally more Group3 80s race cars, 60s 70s 80s F1 cars. And more customization options which by the look of the racing NOs, body kits & paint options they already seem to be heading that way.

At least 1/4 of the new premiums for GT6 were daily drivers or lower powered older sports cars.

Exactly... Real driving simulator and all I see is Ferrari here, and Lamborghini there... Why not city cars like a Peugeot, a Seat, a Golf, an Opel Corsa... Or for the Americans, why not an Impala, a Camry, a Crown Vic, etc..?
Speaking of the Crown Victoria, I actually suggested one (the actual civilian model): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ford-crown-victoria-2007.315076/

Remove all the duplicates from GT7 first and make some more cars premium like the Toyota 7 and the Chaparral 2J.

Why not some of the everyday cars that makes up most of the car list? No love for them?

Sure, supercars and racecars are awesome, but a regular car brings it back down to Earth.
Yeah I highly prefer "regular" cars over super cars and race-cars. Mainly sports cars and cars you can use a daily.
The worst thing is when I am driving like an older Camaro and someone pulls up in a newer car that gets like 700 HP tuned up or a super car.
But definitely would like to see some ordinary cars too.

GT7 needs consistant quality. I would love to feel like I really own these cars, let us walk around in a virtual garage with a selection of our favourite cars, lets us sit in the cars, rev the engines open doors, windows, etc.

For people wanting legit race cars, Project CARS should be able to help you get your fix of cars like that. Because it seems like that will be all of what that game consists of, if not all, then the majority.

I don't understand why PD don't add more cars... I wish that they could add a car each update... :(

I don't understand why PD don't add more cars... I wish that they could add a car each update... :(
Most of the updates so far have added cars, they've done pretty well so far (they seriously need to hurry up with the VGTs though, perhaps an update in the next two days will address that.)

I don't mind the car list I just think they need to give us more free DLC cars as they come out. I have seen soooo many new awesome cars come out this year and we got none. An easy way to get people to continue to play your game is when you see the LaFerrari come out make a version for GT6 and let people drive it. Everyone is going to want to drive it and will put back in GT6 for that one car. Forza does this and has made huge success among gamers because of it.

I don't mind the car list I just think they need to give us more free DLC cars as they come out. I have seen soooo many new awesome cars come out this year and we got none. An easy way to get people to continue to play your game is when you see the LaFerrari come out make a version for GT6 and let people drive it. Everyone is going to want to drive it and will put back in GT6 for that one car. Forza does this and has made huge success among gamers because of it.

You'll be getting your LaFerrari in GT14 prologue :mischievous:

I'm still waiting for the Subaru Baja...

I'm thinking mostly younger gamers want the dream cars, and older, more responsible players want the cars their wives let them have lol.
My dream cars are not your average 15 year old's dream cars. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back