• 3,679 comments
Had some fun with my armored Kuruma.

What are you guys looking at?

PS_Messages_20180318_202901.jpg

PS_Messages_20180318_202908.jpg
PS_Messages_20180318_202905.jpg

Ken
Vulcar Fagaloa and it was added today.
Interesting. I was of the impression Vulcar was to Annis as Declasse is to Cheval rather than a Swedish marque akin to Volvo. So much for the name I used.

The marque names, while some can be loosely correlated, are seemingly applied rather willy nilly. Karin Mitsubishis, Karin Toyotas, Karin Datsuns, Karin Nissans, Dinka Honda/Acuras, Dinka Toyotas, Imponte Pontiacs, Imponte Chryslers, Imponte Delorean, etc. Vulcar has been assigned to various cars that could represent a Volvo, or a Nissan, or depending upon your interpretation; a Toyota.

I've never attempted to make sense of any of it, and a lot of times I struggle to recall a specific car's in game name anyhow. I still call things the Mustang, or the Porsche, or the C2, or RX3, etc because it is the easiest way for me to recall the hundreds of vehicles in game. :lol:

That's understandable since I identify cars that way as well, even referring to some via nicknames like calling the Rapid GT the "Jagston". The only issue is when some either don't resemble any real life cars or have too many cars in their design that you don't know what to call them.

The marque names, while some can be loosely correlated, are seemingly applied rather willy nilly. Karin Mitsubishis, Karin Toyotas, Karin Datsuns, Karin Nissans, Dinka Honda/Acuras, Dinka Toyotas, Imponte Pontiacs, Imponte Chryslers, Imponte Delorean, etc. Vulcar has been assigned to various cars that could represent a Volvo, or a Nissan, or depending upon your interpretation; a Toyota.
And we've yet to figure out what a Zirconium was even supposed to be, too.

a lot of times I struggle to recall a specific car's in game name anyhow
Oh absolutely. @Beeblebrox237 ought to be able to confirm I'm constantly struggling with that. I got stuck on the Exemplar recently, and I use it (i.e. in missions) more than anything else I have.

I mean, I get it...companies are obligated to run checks on names prior to using them in content that will have broad viewership, and that obligation becomes more apparent when content is "controversial" (hey, I think it's pretty benign but there's no denying that adversaries exist) and opens them up to being the target of litigation over name use. Better to fudge lines in favor of only having to check the model name.

If anyone was a NASCAR fan in 2012, you know exactly what I was going for.

PS_Messages_20180321_001738.jpg

And if you didn't, this was run by Kurt Busch in '12

images(50).jpg

Obviously based on Ricky Bobby. Shake & bake!

images(51).jpg

The in-game stock car is actually really fun to drive. The Hotring races pretty entertaining to say the least, it works in normal races, and if you've got a few friends, oval races are a good time to.

The interior looks perfect, though.

Because this is directly related to the cars, I'm throwing it in here:

So I decided to take the new GB200 up against its main rival in the rally subset of the Sports class: the Obey Omnis:

The track used spirals around the Mount Chiliad State Wilderness, and will be used in the upcoming Rally of Paleto.

On the tarmac section, the Omnis feels just a touch twitchy, which, if you can master it, can be used to your advantage.

It does get just a little unhappy as you hit the dirt, but it's not uncontrollable - again, master it and you can be extremely fast with it.

On the ol' power front, it's fairly alright for tackling the terrain, but it's nothing to write home about, really. It's a solid contender, slightly on the tail-happy side.

Next up, Enter The GB200, a favorite of players and NPCs alike:

For starters, there's apparently a bump here which I haven't noticed in any other car. That said, the acceleration is blindingly quick!

Secondly, even on the tarmac, it's definitely more tail-happy than the Omnis.

..which is a theme that goes on as we enter the loose stuff.

Also beware of it trying to roll..

..everywhere. Seriously, I haven't seen a car roll at that point before. The GB200 certainly got close!

For once, I feel like R* got the description right: it does feel like "a mid-engine, four-wheel drive rocket built with the power of a modern supercar and the handling, brakes and safety features of an angry dog."

By the time I was done with those two, there was still plenty of time left in the day, so I brought out the final of the major contenders in the rally class: The Missing Tropos.

..very much living up to its name there.

How does one describe the Tropos? Regardless of surface, there's a slight hint of understeer, but in truth, all that means is that if you give it the respect it needs..

..it's never gonna give you up. It may not have the power of the GB200, but it's a great little car to drive.

TL;DR, they're all great in their own respect.
The Tropos feels very much like it's the easiest to drive, but push it too far, and the understeer can become your undoing.
The Omnis positions itself as a solid all-rounder for the more experienced racer, being slightly more tricky to handle, but all the more rewarding when you get it right.
And then there's the GB200 - plenty of acceleration, not a lot of stability in general - ultimate Group B madness.

Back