GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
My reliance on passive protection proved to be futile this morning as I turned away from the screen only to be thumped in the head by a bloke who looked like a young Oswald Mosley.

As it turns out, I had mistakenly turned it off.

Thank you random teammate for moving that car for me
5IdC41e.gif

Just a warning there's a speed bump in the area
t1Xxq8G.gif

..and watch out for this guy lol
HmSR4ut.gif

PSA: Been getting a "There was an error with the session" tonight. Couldn't stay in a session for more than three minutes without gettng it. Tried invite only and the actual solo session option in the menu, all to no avail.

Not sure if it's on my end, or Rockstar's "Dedicated Servers." :rolleyes:

EDIT: Tried again. Seems to be working now. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Just beat the mission Death From Above for the first time. Last time I tried it I attacked from the ground, but was quickly overwhelmed by the cops and had to retreat to a nearby tennis court where I got locked in battle with law enforcement for about half an hour before I gave up.

This time I took the good old Savage instead and just bombarded the compound with missiles. When police Mavericks spawned I fled the scene and waited for my wanted level to drop, then went back and repeated the above until all the guards were gone. Then I could safely hover over the body and photograph it.

Piece of cake doing it that way :D

Just beat the mission Death From Above for the first time. Last time I tried it I attacked from the ground, but was quickly overwhelmed by the cops and had to retreat to a nearby tennis court where I got locked in battle with law enforcement for about half an hour before I gave up.

This time I took the good old Savage instead and just bombarded the compound with missiles. When police Mavericks spawned I fled the scene and waited for my wanted level to drop, then went back and repeated the above until all the guards were gone. Then I could safely hover over the body and photograph it.

Piece of cake doing it that way :D
Provided you know the layout, you can get in and out with something reasonably fast (I did it plenty with a Felon) with bulletproof tires--you should only need to shoot one guard to save yourself from being killed, and you can mow down any others that get in your way. Just don't drive into the empty pool.

I keep getting kicked from the Tiny Racers lobbies for no reason it seems. It says that there weren't enough players, but it was a full house several times. My brother got kicked from a game, even though he was the host...:scared:

Played Tiny Racers for the first time yesterday. There were just 3 of us after someone disconnected, and it was surprisingly fun. Only towards the end when it was a close battle between who would win overall did people start racing dirty, at the start everyone gave each other space. I know, I'm just as surprised as you are!

My God, this GTA "Community"..

So there's a new Premium Race video on the GTASV YouTube Channel. Personally I can't be bothered with Premium Races, but I checked it out because... I don't know, I guess I was procrastinating again. Either way, video ends and I go to the comment section because comments on GTA videos are always interesting.

At the top is someone who's apparently found "a fast guide that can get a lot of Ca$h!". The only times I've made - excuse the pun - ill-gotten gains it's been through glitches and issues presented by the game, most notably At The Races and my cocaine business being able to extract Supplies from thin air (eat your heart out, InGen) and I'm.. let's say well out of poverty. But I decide to check out the link for curiosity's sake.

Immediately, something smells fishier than that restaurant on Route 1. "100% Safe", "AntiBan-Ghosting™", "Updated Everyday" etc. is all proudly put at the top of the page. Following that is a space where you enter your UserID or Email and a text saying the page was last updated today. Below this are the sliders where you determine how much money and RP you'd like injected into your account, a checkbox for AntiBan-Ghosting™, a button to press to make magic happen and a comment feed taken from Facebook.

I don't judge a book by the cover, so engage the F12 button (I may not be an expert, but I've got the basics down).

• For starters, the "Last Update" thingy is simply set to display whatever you set your system date to.
  • The sliders actually slide, but (and this is where my lack of expert knowledge kicks in) they don't "feel" right. Besides, surely something like this would use a text thing rather than a slider?
..but the fishiest of all (we're talking Atlantis-levels of fishy here) is that Facebook comment section thingy. Leave F12 for a moment, and try to reply to one of the posts.

Doesn't work.

Click the name of a user to go to their FB profile.

DOESN'T WORK.

Click "Add Comment" to warn people they're likely giving away their ID to hackers.

GUESS THREE TIMES.

It's actually static text that's been made to *look like* FB comments - blue text, the font, underlined when you hover over it etc., but with profile pictures likely taken by previous victims and a time-since-posted thingy that's pulled from their 🤬

So just for the heck of it, I enter a username consisting of random letters and the minimal amounts of money and RP (I'm just looking to test it). It launches this little "screen" on the website where it comes up with all sort of fancy stuff, like "Connecting to GTA server", "Importing Resources from Modifier" and all, where, funnily, it takes the exact same amount of time for any string to appear *every time*.

Then you have to complete two of those verification thingies where you can win a MacBook Pro or an iPhone 7.

And here's the best part of all: guess how many likes the YT comment has?

334. (though that could be some sort of like-bots. The YT channel who posted it seems fishy as well. Mainly because even I have more subscribers than them (they're at 0, btw))

So this is the state of this "GTA Community". Thanks, Mr:censored:DIE.

My God, this GTA "Community"..

So there's a new Premium Race video on the GTASV YouTube Channel. Personally I can't be bothered with Premium Races, but I checked it out because... I don't know, I guess I was procrastinating again. Either way, video ends and I go to the comment section because comments on GTA videos are always interesting.

At the top is someone who's apparently found "a fast guide that can get a lot of Ca$h!". The only times I've made - excuse the pun - ill-gotten gains it's been through glitches and issues presented by the game, most notably At The Races and my cocaine business being able to extract Supplies from thin air (eat your heart out, InGen) and I'm.. let's say well out of poverty. But I decide to check out the link for curiosity's sake.

Immediately, something smells fishier than that restaurant on Route 1. "100% Safe", "AntiBan-Ghosting™", "Updated Everyday" etc. is all proudly put at the top of the page. Following that is a space where you enter your UserID or Email and a text saying the page was last updated today. Below this are the sliders where you determine how much money and RP you'd like injected into your account, a checkbox for AntiBan-Ghosting™, a button to press to make magic happen and a comment feed taken from Facebook.

I don't judge a book by the cover, so engage the F12 button (I may not be an expert, but I've got the basics down).

• For starters, the "Last Update" thingy is simply set to display whatever you set your system date to.
  • The sliders actually slide, but (and this is where my lack of expert knowledge kicks in) they don't "feel" right. Besides, surely something like this would use a text thing rather than a slider?
..but the fishiest of all (we're talking Atlantis-levels of fishy here) is that Facebook comment section thingy. Leave F12 for a moment, and try to reply to one of the posts.

Doesn't work.

Click the name of a user to go to their FB profile.

DOESN'T WORK.

Click "Add Comment" to warn people they're likely giving away their ID to hackers.

GUESS THREE TIMES.

It's actually static text that's been made to *look like* FB comments - blue text, the font, underlined when you hover over it etc., but with profile pictures likely taken by previous victims and a time-since-posted thingy that's pulled from their 🤬

So just for the heck of it, I enter a username consisting of random letters and the minimal amounts of money and RP (I'm just looking to test it). It launches this little "screen" on the website where it comes up with all sort of fancy stuff, like "Connecting to GTA server", "Importing Resources from Modifier" and all, where, funnily, it takes the exact same amount of time for any string to appear *every time*.

Then you have to complete two of those verification thingies where you can win a MacBook Pro or an iPhone 7.

And here's the best part of all: guess how many likes the YT comment has?

334. (though that could be some sort of like-bots. The YT channel who posted it seems fishy as well. Mainly because even I have more subscribers than them (they're at 0, btw))

So this is the state of this "GTA Community". Thanks, Mr:censored:DIE.

As a general rule of thumb, you should never trust any links in YouTube comments, especially ones with URL shorteners. The amount of bots I've seen on videos is disturbing. Also, most of the replies to the bot comments are bots as well, trying to make the link seem legitimate.

Dan
As a general rule of thumb, you should never trust any links in YouTube comments on GTA videos, especially ones with URL shorteners. The amount of bots I've seen on videos is disturbing. Also, most of the replies to the bot comments are bots as well, trying to make the link seem legitimate.

True, true, just thought I'd waste a few minutes of my life trying to dissect one.

And people are actually asking on the YT video if it's working. Part of me feels really sorry for them.

Also, fixed.

THIS WEEK IN GTA ONLINE: BIKER BONUSES, VEHICLE DISCOUNTS AND MORE
b820294733c55bf32db0be5087f740dbe975f99e.png

Starting today, it's ride or die for the MCs of Los Santos with money-making opportunities and discounts to help you get a leg up over your rivals. We're also keeping the party going with extended bonuses on Tiny Racers & more, so be sure to read on for the full rundown below.

BIKER DISCOUNTS AND DOUBLE GTA$ & RP ON CLUBHOUSE CONTRACTS

Through May 15th, Motorcycle Clubs of Los Santos will benefit from a GTA$ & RP boost when running Biker Contract Missions - you can find and launch these lucrative missions from the meeting room in your Clubhouse. If you're a budding entrepreneur with an affinity for leather and yet to set up your MC, we've got you covered with a 25% discount on:

• Biker Clubhouses
  • Biker Clubhouse Customizations
  • Biker Business Properties
25% OFF SELECT VEHICLES

Whether you're looking to expand your vehicle collection or diversify your airborne portfolio, grab a 25% discount on the following fan-favorites:

• Nagasaki Shotaro
  • Progen T20
  • Western Company Annihilator
  • Nagasaki Buzzard
  • Karin Technical (both prices)
  • Vapid Desert Raid
  • Vapid Trophy Truck
DISCOUNTS ON WEAPONS, AMMO & ARMOR

Beef up your personal armory and protect your neck with a 25% discount on:

• Vehicle Armor
  • Bullet Proof Tires
  • Body Armor
  • Explosive Ammo (including throwables)
  • Rocket Launchers
  • Grenade Launchers
EXTENDED BONUSES

Keep the cash flowing by jumping into GTA Online today for a 25% increased payout on Special Cargo Deliveries and Double GTA$ & RP on Tiny Racers.

PREMIUM RACE SCHEDULE

Take in the great array of beauty San Andreas has to offer at a fast pace with this week's Premium Special Vehicle Race. From May 2nd - 8th, hop, speed and glide through Damned, a versatile Point to Point locked to the Ruiner 2000.

Premium Races can be launched through the Quick Job App on your in-game phone or by way of the yellow corona at Legion Square. Top three finishers are rewarded big GTA$ payouts but, even if you find yourself at the back of the pack, you'll receive Triple RP just for making the effort.

aw08yNpbSESTrcFzetkm6w_0_0.jpg

And here we see an X80 Proto mating with an 811 in captivity. I had 10+ free spaces but they just had to be with each other. Love knows no boundaries...

Also...

pSeGCOHdhkqxLX6wUoy-6A_0_0.jpg

Do Pantos even spawn in traffic online? :odd: Always nice to see one of these beasts though :P

pSeGCOHdhkqxLX6wUoy-6A_0_0.jpg

Do Pantos even spawn in traffic online? :odd: Always nice to see one of these beasts though :P

Several DLC vehicles do spawn in what I call the "Spawn Vortex" that exists in the area extending from the intersection of 405/105(the mixmaster North of LAX) to Watts. You can often find the Dukes, Warrener, Panto, AMC Pacer thing, Merc sedan from the Hipster update, etc. I refer to this area as the spawn vortex because driving back and forth over this section of the road often causes a large diversity of spawns; so if I am in search of a specific vehicle I tend to begin my search there.

Edit: For those salivating at the thought, IIRC these cars all immediately kick you out with a notification along the lines of "You don't have permission to enter this vehicle" or similar; so you cannnot steal them.

Edit: For those salivating at the thought, IIRC these cars all immediately kick you out with a notification along the lines of "You don't have permission to enter this vehicle" or similar; so you cannnot steal them.

I think if you already own the car it won't kick you out.

I've decided to go on yet another grind for the Office Garage Mod Shop (this will be an easy one) and the second mission I got was the point-to-point pink slip bet. Those times really need a buff...

I beat some loser's time, allegedly set in a Reaper...

IN A FREAKING PANTO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was laughing my 🤬 off.

Pics of my baby coming tomorrow.

I've decided to go on yet another grind for the Office Garage Mod Shop (this will be an easy one) and the second mission I got was the point-to-point pink slip bet. Those times really need a buff...

I beat some loser's time, allegedly set in a Reaper...

IN A FREAKING PANTO. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was laughing my 🤬 off.

Pics of my baby coming tomorrow.

R* knows the skill level and equipment available varies greatly, so they clearly cater to the abilities of the lowest common denominator. As such, they even provide a stock Elegy parked somewhere near the start of the TT challenge for folks who do not have a car handy; so they must gear the objective to be attainable by low skilled players in stock cars.

Currently on the hunt for another "rare" car, as of late. Looking for the Worn Baby Blue Buccaneer (pictured below). I use rare loosely since it's a fairly common car, but we all knoa how GTA works:

"If you're not looking for a car, it's everywhere. If you are, it doesn't exist."

Supposedly, the color matches the Baby Blue rim color as well, which you can possibly make some interesting combinations with. If anyone sees one, let me know.

N6Be9aG.png

Easy way is grab any NPC Buccaneer, and find a Gang version. Then a worn blue might show up.

Tried looking for a bit with my own Buccaneer, an NPC one, and then a gang one. Found two different cars with the exact color I'm looking for, but no avail. Saved the Tornado though. Sometime in the future, my Seawash Green Tornado Custom can have a friend. :sly:

PS_Messages_20170503_221226.jpg

Back