GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
:eek:

Screenshot_20190225-124257_Chrome.jpg

..I mean, it's genius if it's a R* plot. I doubt it because shark cards, shareholders and all that, but well played if it is.

Ultimately, it's got people talking, hasn't it? Generating buzz, giving R* some "consumer engagement" figures to show their shareholders..

I guess we'll have our answers when people start getting banned.

On a sidenote that obviously has no relation whatsoever, nine digits!

In a nutshell, Exploting Lesters locate a plane/boat option and pocketing constant refunds when said vehicle doesn’t appear, literally anyone who can use said option can do it, you just need a car, a garage and the ability to use said option.

GTA Online’s Reddit will definitely have someone explaining it to someone else. ;)

What's the exploit?
Go to your garage and get into any car
Call Lester and request a plane
Accelerate out of garage at the exact moment you request the plane
If there is no plane icon on your map go to the big hangar at LSIA where the Luxors spawn
Sit next to a Luxor once it spawns
Earn $1,000 every 2 seconds
???
Profit

I almost want to go back on GTAO, sell off the cars I never use, and buy a Ruiner 2000. I’ve wanted one since they first came out, and I think I’d have a lot of fun with it. If R* could bring the user radio station to console, I would just cruise around all day in the R2K listening to Electro-Choc.

Does anyone know of the Doomsday Heist Act II glitch/exploit? It’s a ridiculously easy money farming method where you can earn like 2 million in an hour! It’s similar to the Pacific standard glitch.

Refer to YouTube if you want to find out more.

I've just heard of it. Will try tomorrow, but I think I'm late anyway. Even if it's not patched, the time to do it was the last week with the double reward (4m per hour).

It's the first time since 2013 that Im interested on money glitches. GTA Online was so small compared to now, but so inmense for Rockstar back then that they couldn't even make it work for almost the first month. Happy times, as the glitches were ridiculously easy to find and to do. Selling unlimited Adders... :bowdown:

PD: Lester glitch has been patched isn't it? I see on reddit that some variation of it may work (6 vehicle garages).

It was patched. There was a work around I believe involving placing your CEO vehicle in its spawn and doing it again, but I read Rockstar has changed the payout to $0.

There is a very interesting Benny's Mod glitch going on that can edit out different cars with different parts. One I've read is glitching the turret off the Insurgent, iirc.

So, is this game dead yet?

This community certainly is. Insert your own choice of meme here because I've lost all creativity for the week.

(if there even is one)

..the usual suspects have begun teasing *something*, expected to arrive in either June or July. It's apparently going to be expensive and something that'll take up all your time.

Then again, Arena War can be described as "expensive" and "will take up all your time", and that was the dumpster fire that burnt too brightly.

So, is this game dead yet?
No. I personally have only played it 4-5 times since RDR2 was released (and I’ve mostly played SP in that game), but on those few occasions, I’ve always joined full (or almost full) lobbies. So I’d say that it’s far from dead, even if a lot of people have moved on to other games. Which is understandable, since GTAO is ~5,5 years old by now.

I've seen games go for much longer update droughts than this without dying. AFAIK the game's been near the top of all the playercount charts since it was released, and I doubt that's going to change until GTA VI drops.

I was thinking in the context of whether or not anyone here still played it at all.

@superstreet556 and myself still do, but again rarely. I was still on more regularly until the changes to RDR dropped a couple weeks ago, and since then I've been between RDR and GTSport. It has been a recent development, however, and a few months ago I was still on almost daily. I'm not done with it, as it's still quite relaxing compared to the alternatives, and I'll be on again when gator huntin' gets old and I don't feel like driving.

I was thinking in the context of whether or not anyone here still played it at all.

Occationally. It's a bit difficult to get invested when there's nothing new worth mentioning and none of the people that *do* play (and play together) want* you to tag along.

Speaking of depression, how about that 25% boost on Import/Export? Can you tell R*/T2 are salty about having added that but isn't prepared to face the backlash of removing it or turning the pay down permanently?

*or it's a time zone thing. End result is largely the same.

I kind of want to start GTA O all over again, and have a modest home and travel around mostly on my whippet race bike. What are some ways to make money in the game that don't involve criminality? I honestly don't remember. Wish you could go diving for abalone. :lol:

I started a new character with no money a while back and did all the original contact missions in order (in terms of unlocking) and honestly it was a lot of fun. I absolutely hate how militarized everything is now. Going back to just a pistol or SMG reminded how much fun this game was

The payouts being wiped out in regular contact missions really did a number on the game. Contact missions have been dead content with how ass the payouts are now. The only ones worth doing these days are the dispatches as far as I'm concerned.

What are some ways to make money in the game that don't involve criminality?

Starting over in Online without breaking any laws at all? That's an interesting challenge.

As far as I recall, however, the only "legit" ways of earning money is that $2000 good behaviour bonus and, depending on how legit you want to be, Adversary Modes, most notably things like Cunning Stunts, Hotring and Arena War. That, and the parachute jobs everybody's forgotten was ever a thing.

As interesting as the idea is on paper, a law-abiding-citizen-permadeath-longplay doesn't sound like it'd be all that entertaining after the first episode.

Starting over in Online without breaking any laws at all? That's an interesting challenge.

As far as I recall, however, the only "legit" ways of earning money is that $2000 good behaviour bonus and, depending on how legit you want to be, Adversary Modes, most notably things like Cunning Stunts, Hotring and Arena War. That, and the parachute jobs everybody's forgotten was ever a thing.

As interesting as the idea is on paper, a law-abiding-citizen-permadeath-longplay doesn't sound like it'd be all that entertaining after the first episode.

There's also racing, which is dubiously legal, depending on how seriously you take the roleplaying (traffic off = sanctioned event? :lol:)

Latest Posts

Back