GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Last edited:
I couldn't resist. I had to come back. I'm like the Brett Favre of this thread.

PREMIUM Veyron!

Since it isn't an actual Veyron, I will totally drive it! :dopey:

And for anyone questioning the rear tires for smoking in an AWD car, Rockstar has made AWD cars in GTA IV act like RWD cars, try doing a burnout in a Sultan RS (AWD), Infernus (AWD), Comet (AWD), and they all behave like RWD cars.

This game should be the Game of the Year already before 2013 ends.

Why are you making it sound like it there's a chance it won't be Game of the Year? :lol:

CallmeDan
Why are you making it sound like it there's a chance it won't be Game of the Year? :lol:
Not exactly but there's no doubt that it will be the Game of the Year, compared to other games released this year.

CallmeDan
...try doing a burnout in a Sultan RS (AWD), Infernus (AWD), Comet (AWD), and they all behave like RWD cars.

The Infernus & Comet are AWD? I thought the Infernus was an MR and the Comet an RR. Guess i need to do better research haha

Not exactly but there's no doubt that it will be the Game of the Year, compared to other games released this year.

The last of us was the only game I would have been happy as GOTY. I'm just hoping the storyline in Grand Theft Auto is as gripping as previous Grand Theft Auto's. (IV not included)

CallmeDan
If you can, flip them over and hit the gas. The front wheels spin too.

If i can? I can be parked and with my luck it will flip on its roof by it self. I can never keep my cars on all four tires for long in GTA IV.

If i can? I can be parked and with my luck it will flip on its roof by it self. I can never keep my cars on all four tires for long in GTA IV.

Yeah. It's tough to drive when every car in the game (Besides the Airtug. I love that little thing) has monster truck-esque suspension that bounces off every pixel in the road.

Haha yeah I have no self control..... I don't want to spoil the story but I don't mind seeing how the free roam gameplay looks.

Only problem is that these low quality short clips leave me with more questions than answers. 4 more sleeps!

So it seems the biggest "let down" has been the lack of damage, or from what I've seen, the ease of totaling a car dialed back. The cars don't appear to become completely mashed up piles when hit by bigger vehicles, but they'll show a lot of heavy damage if there's repeated use.

That said, if that's the biggest con people have had, then that's great, imo.

I was watching a live stream where an Obey 9F was hit by a train, it pretty much tore half the car off, the damage is awesome :D Though there does appear to be a leeway on how long it takes to wreck them normally.

I was watching a live stream where an Obey 9F was hit by a train, it pretty much tore half the car off, the damage is awesome :D Though there does appear to be a leeway on how long it takes to wreck them normally.

Whoa. Now were getting into BeamNG Drive territory. Ohhh those crash physics plus GTA V would be incredible. I would wreck cars left and right without even caring about the repercussions.

So I can't do this to my cars? :lol:

DSCF0786_zpsaa33e731.jpg

DSCF0787_zps4dc56b14.jpg

I can't even remember if this was a Sultan or a Feroci.. :lol:

Edit: Reading the few posts that apeared while I wrote this maybe I can :sly:.

Yeah so i've seen that 16 minute stream and also another 12 minute video from a stream and it looks like the cars are harder to damage, but they an still be completely deformed. The damage modelling looks a lot better with bumpers falling off etc but it looks weird seeing the first big impacts doing almost no damage in some instances.

And then theres the one clip of a banshee jumping off a freeway and bursting into flames once it hits a barrier below. I'm sure Rockstar know what they are doing and the end result should be more fun 👍

TiZzla
And then theres the one clip of a banshee jumping off a freeway and bursting into flames once it hits a barrier below.

Hollywood....?

I promised myself I wouldn't come back to this thread, but I keep coming back for more info. I can't wait!!!

Back