GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
If you download GTAV from the store now, it saves you the hassle of trying to download the game on release day at the same time as everyone else. This download is on a timer, so at midnight the copy you have downloaded wil be playable on the 17th.

The install people are on about is the mandatory 8gb download from the disc, which you will not need to do if you have downloaded GTAV.

I hope this answers your question:tup:

Exactly.

I've seen one amusing one so far, cropped from the video:

5plr.jpg

Careful now!

Just requested off next Tuesday. My boss, with a 15 year old son,prior to approval asks;
"This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain game coming out next week would it?"
Me: "What game?"
Boss: "Grand Auto something, my son won't shut up about it."
Me: "Never heard of it."

Time off approved. 👍

Just requested off next Tuesday. My boss, with a 15 year old son,prior to approval asks; "This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain game coming out next week would it?"

Time off approved. 👍

:lol: Well played!

Goodbye social life.
The vice-president of Rockstar Games has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will last players around 100 hours.

Dan Houser made the comments during a chinwag with The Guardian, where he was quizzed as to whether the franchise could be transformed into a feature film.

In response, Houser questioned if condensing a game like GTA V would be possible, since it offers “a big open-world experience that’s 100 hours long.”

"There's still plenty of kudos in doing a film, but you shouldn't ever do anything in your life for kudos," he said. "It's much easier to imagine GTA as a TV series, as the form is closer, but I still think we'd be losing too much to ever actually do it.

"We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV, all in your own time. How do you condense that into a two-hour or 12-hour experience where you take away the main things: player agency and freedom?"

GTA V is believed to be one of the most expensive video games ever made, boasting an estimated budget of £170 million.

Just requested off next Tuesday. My boss, with a 15 year old son,prior to approval asks;
"This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain game coming out next week would it?"

Time off approved. 👍
👍
Goodbye social life.
100 hours :eek:? I guess V's storyline'll keep me occupied for months, then...

170,000,000 Pounds you say? For us Americans that is $265,727,000. How do you even get that much money to make a game?!?!?!?!

Why can't Fallout 3 be big like GTA V ? 100 hours story line is pretty long, doing side missions, fooling around along the way, multiplayers, I can see a year playing every day for 2 to 4 hours :D

Time off approved. 👍
Go in tomorrow and say you've looked the game up and you're horrified a 15 year old would be allowed to play an 18 rated game like that full of sex, drug-taking, violence and crime.

Later that evening, you might be able to hear the 15 year old's anguished screams from space.

Go in tomorrow and say you've looked the game up and you're horrified a 15 year old would be allowed to play an 18 rated game like that full of sex, drug-taking, violence and crime.

Later that evening, you might be able to hear the 15 year old's anguished screams from space.

Hehe. M-Rated games are 17+ in the US if I remember correctly.

Hahaha, I started playing GTA when I was 7/8 years or something. Never forgetting those Vice City times, Shooting heads of :lol:.

:lol: you should say it the day before it comes out.

It sounds stupid that a 15 year old like me can play 18 game like GTA V but, most of us are mature enough to not do everything we can do in game.

Lots and lots of sales. They're estimating $1.5 billion dollars in sales the first year alone.

Sounds about right, GTA4 sold 25 million copies as of June 2013, that's 5 million copies a year.

GTA5 would need to sell 2.5 million copies the first year to meet that target, if anything that is a very conservative target.

For the lazy people:tup:

And I thank you for that. :D

Time off approved. 👍

:lol:👍!

Sounds about right, GTA4 sold 25 million copies as of June 2013, that's 5 million copies a year.

GTA5 would need to sell 2.5 million copies the first year to meet that target, if anything that is a very conservative target.

It would be, but it's 25 million they'd have to sell though. :)
That's roughly 70,000 copies per day.

It sounds stupid that a 15 year old like me can play 18 game like GTA V but, most of us are mature enough to not do everything we can do in game.
I've met enough 15 year olds (and been one with enough other ones) to know that "most" right there is misplaced. Most will, at school the very next day, act out things they've seen and heard - quoting entire lines of dialogue and shooting each other with imaginary miniguns. I don't think many will actually steal a car, try to rob a bank or behead someone with a chainsaw though.

Kids playing GTA (or watching Alien vs. Predator, or whatever) isn't the problem. Parents who, through ignorance or indifference, let their kids play GTA is the problem. Parents who don't really care much beyond giving Timmy the latest thing he wants to shut him up and let him get on with it shut in his own room - and who have no knowledge or interest in what the thing is to make that decision in an informed manner.

Parents who let their kids play GTA knowing about the game and their kids aren't a problem - I was that kid and I'm now that parent. Hell, I even keep trying to make my eldest watch The Dark Knight (she enjoyed Batman Begins), but she refuses because she's heard about the "pencil trick" and thinks it's a bit grim and she's not sure how to get her head round a genuinely sociopathic, anarchistic antagonist, not having encountered that kind of thing before.

Still, it was only a joke - there's nothing more fun than the misery of a teenager (when you don't have to live with it).

Back