GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Jahgee1124
That's just a list of PSN's so we can recognize each other should we come across each other

Well I'm already on some player's lists.. so don't shoot me. But, I'm down with chilling with you guys. I'll be under YungThugga08.

Ryanswannell
I painfully wait 15 minutes for the 18gb install to near completion, and just as it reaches 99%, BAM! my console packs up.

Gosh. 18GB? How can it be only 15 minutes if it's that big and isn't the install data only around 8GB?

Gosh. 18GB? How can it be only 15 minutes if it's that big and isn't the install data only around 8GB?

8 GB on the disc, yes. I think Ryan's talking about the PS Network (or Xbox Live?) download, or it might just be a small error :).

Dean J
8 GB on the disc, yes. I think Ryan's talking about the PS Network (or Xbox Live?) download, or it might just be a small error :).

Ah, at least that's sighing in relief. What about GTA IV, did it have an install data that's 8GB too?
(Sorry for going OT on this one)

Ridox2JZGTE
GTA IV install was around 3 to 4 GB, Max Payne 3 PSN Ultimate Ed was 14 GB + 2 GB DLC, GTA V at 8GB seems a bit too small :)

Wow. Yeah, it does seem to be a bit small. Thanks for that info. :)

BTT

GTA IV install was around 3 to 4 GB, Max Payne 3 PSN Ultimate Ed was 14 GB + 2 GB DLC, GTA V at 8GB seems a bit too small :)

Did you get Max Payne 3 from the store though? 14gb sounds like the whole game instead of the smaller install you do when you use a disc.

EDIT 2:
Just noticed you said PSN, as has been said before GTA V will be around 18gb in size but the install using a disc will be around 8gb.

EDIT 1: Just noticed in this screen that there is an American Bulldog towards the front of the shot, my dog is in the game. :)

878-1280.jpg

Did you get Max Payne 3 from though store though? 14gb sounds like the whole game instead of the smaller install you do when you use a disc.

Yeah, I have the digital download Max Payne 3 Ultimate Ed from PSN, 14GB install. If the GTA V install is 8GB, then I presume most of the data will still be read from disc :) I am not sure about Max Payne 3 disc version install size for comparison of install vs disc size ratio.

Yeah, I have the digital download Max Payne 3 Ultimate Ed from PSN, 14GB install. If the GTA V install is 8GB, then I presume most of the data will still be read from disc :) I am not sure about Max Payne 3 disc version install size for comparison of install vs disc size ratio.

My Max Payne 3 install weighs in at 5 Gb, so if the Max Payne 3 download was around 14 Gb then it would be just under 3:1 if my maths serves me correct.👍

Does anyone know what these installs do? Do they just reduce loading times or something more important than that?

New artwork for the characters, cycle through them using the left and right arrows.

http://imgur.com/a/NyImx#07pYNdp

Just more pelts to collect ;)

I'll probably shoot dogs when I need to defend myself but I don't think I could bring myself to shooting that one. :)

Does anyone know what these installs do? Do they just reduce loading times or something more important than that?
They just reduce loading times and make things smoother, I imagine these smaller disc installs aren't the full thing because they would take up more space on your hard drive.

Last edited:
New artwork for the characters, cycle through them using the left and right arrows.

http://imgur.com/a/NyImx#07pYNdp

I'll probably shoot dogs when I need to defend myself but I don't think I could bring myself to shooting that one. :)

Nice find:tup:.

I wonder how much impact dogs will have in this game, as in would they just be there for variety, or could they possibly attack/defend you during missions? I for one am just so excited to play this game. Roll on the 17th.

My Max Payne 3 install weighs in at 5 Gb, so if the Max Payne 3 download was around 14 Gb then it would be just under 3:1 if my maths serves me correct.👍

My Max Payne 3 digital download loads pretty quick IMO, not sure about disc version as I don't have one to compare. With games like GTA V - massive map size, I would rather do full install, so the disc is only used to start the game up, much like Gundam Target in Sight, one of the rare PS3 games that can be played with the disc ejected after entering main menu ( full install from disc )

If you guys have the PS3 Super Slim which contains a 500GB HDD, then these installs wouldn't be much of a problem.

If you guys have the PS3 Super Slim which contains a 500GB HDD, then these installs wouldn't be much of a problem.

It wouldn't be a problem for a phat either, replace the HDD with a larger one and you're all set.

That's quite funny Famine, tempted to order a copy yet?

Same here! I barely have 2gb left.

I'm confused about this whole disc v. download thing (if it even is a thing, I may be reading wrong)

So how do you do the pre-install? I looked on the PS Store and could only find a thing to buy the game, but you guys sound like you're saying you installed it for free and then bought the disc version to play it...:confused:

Can someone explain it to me without getting technical?

So how do you do the pre-install? I looked on the PS Store and could only find a thing to buy the game, but you guys sound like you're saying you installed it for free and then bought the disc version to play it...:confused:

I'll try :D...

The pre-install is like when you download a demo in the store; you download and install the content. It's the same here, but people just can't play it, yet. I believe everybody who downloaded it from the store has payed for it as well, so buying a disc would just be a waste of money...

I hope that makes sense :D.

I'm confused about this whole disc v. download thing (if it even is a thing, I may be reading wrong)

R* stopped the pre-load on the PS from hackers.
As for disc you install(8GB) once you've inserted the disc to reduce load times.

If you download GTAV from the store now, it saves you the hassle of trying to download the game on release day at the same time as everyone else. This download is on a timer, so at midnight the copy you have downloaded wil be playable on the 17th.

The install people are on about is the mandatory 8gb download from the disc, which you will not need to do if you have downloaded GTAV.

I hope this answers your question:tup:

Back