GTHD General Question Thread

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 90 comments
Couple o' questions...

The first is probably somewhat rhetorical. Was the Time Trial mode supposed to be a challenge? 'Cause it wasn't. One lap in each car, I had the whole thing "beat" in one sitting. Between restroom breaks while drinking coffee.

1) Is there a way to see the entire leaderboard? It only shows me the top ten, plus my time. How many people are on the leaderboard? A few hundred? A few thousand? Giving me a numeric ranking doesn't mean much to me if I don't know where it falls within the overall group.

2) Is it just me, or do the assists just flat-out suck? I mean, worse than GT3/4. I turned 'em on this afternoon just for kicks, and it felt like the car was... well... castrated. Drove like a pig, wouldn't leave a corner at more than 20mph. Pathetic. I'll take a car that's a bit twitchy in the back over those assists any day.

3) Are we all running the same version, or are they updating it quietly without telling anyone? We all know about version 1.1. But I'm actually running version 1.16, downloaded as of last night. Is that what everone is running as of 1.1, or are they making "little" updates here and there before the "big" update of 1.2 or whatever?

1. Top ten shown only...

2. Assist is for people that can't control a car.

3. that 1.1 update u did...is version 1.16 I am sure most updated...you need to in order to rank correctly

1. Top ten shown only...

That sucks. What good's a numeric ranking then? On PGR3, I'm lucky if I can get into the top two thousand. On GTHD, I can get into the top one hundred easily enough, but out of how many? Am I ranked #74 out of ten thousand? Which would be good. Or am I #74 out of two hundred? Which isn't so good.

dking
2. Assist is for people that can't control a car.

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out that GTHD's assists seem to cripple the car a lot more than I ever noticed in GT4. Or maybe it's just that I can see it now, on the Accelerator display.

dking
3. that 1.1 update u did...is version 1.16 I am sure most updated.

1.16 is definitely the most recent, I downloaded it less than 24 hours ago. It wasn't an update for me, either.. I only bought the system yesterday, so this was a first-time download. I was just curious if everyone who's running "1.1" has actually been running 1.16 since day one, or whether there's 1.10, 1.13, etc. Smaller updates that Sony's not telling us about. Bug fixes or minor tweaks that don't warrant a press release about a "new version".

Hardly anybody drives the course in Reverse, do they?

Today I'm fiddling around with the game. Take the Ferrari out on the track backwards. Stock, I don't usually go for tuning. Sports S3 tires, more in line with what the real car would have. Get a time somewhere around 1:21-ish, nothing special. Ranked 11. By far the highest ranking I've ever been.

So I take it around again, with Racing S3 tires. Knock about four seconds off my time, down to the 1:17-ish range. Ranked 8. ME, in the top ten. Couldn't believe it.

So I take the same car, same setup, on the Forward track. I'm more familiar with it from this direction, so I shave a few more seconds off the time.. down to 1:14-ish. My rank? 43.

does anyone have advice on how to crack the 16,000 pt mark (specifically with the skyline) by not using the ebrake to start the drifts? I like to use brake and feint drifting as much as possible but it seems to have a limit. Im using the normal sixaxis if that matters

ive been scanning through here, but i cant find on what im looking for... the GTHD came out in europe with the 2.0 version... im in the United states with the 1.1 version... when will the 2.0 version be downlodable in the states?

ive been scanning through here, but i cant find on what im looking for... the GTHD came out in europe with the 2.0 version... im in the United states with the 1.1 version... when will the 2.0 version be downlodable in the states?

Well I hope it will!
Until then I just downloaded the EU version.

you can? how can i do that ?

You just set up another master account with an address in the EU.
I did the same thing with Hong Kong.
Then when your logged in under those user names you go to that countries store.

Don't have a PS3, but I'm interested in the evolution : is there crowd noise in GTHD? Is it always there? On all tracks? Can you select it off, e.g. in free riding mode?

Thanks for replying.

There's only two race modes in GT:HD, one is time trial, the other is drift trial, they're both on the same single track. GT:HD is nothing more than demo material, it's not stacked full of game modes, features and options. As for an option to turn crowd noise on/off, I can't say I've ever seen one.

I remember reading something about a traction meter, but I haven't noticed it during game play yet, whats the deal with that?

I remember reading someone's review that they saw a traction meter. I see it as an accellerator meter for it to show you how the TCS is working if you have it on and how during shifts that the engine is not engaged when you still have your foot on the pedals. It overides your light blue accellerator strength with red to show you that the engine is not engaging full trottle. This is my interpretation of this "traction meter". Not really a traction meter, but seen more of as a display showing you how much trottle is allowed at that time during shifts or when using TCS.

This question may have been answered already in this thread, but I just read the first page and now the last page and I didnt find what I was looking for. And as I don't yet have a PS3, I don't really want to hunt for this answer. So here goes :
(BTW I don't know how to ask this question, as am a little confused, but I'll try my best)
Is the gameplay of GT:HD Concept Demo the GT:HD classic gameplay or what the GT:HD premium was supposed to be?) As in it looks brilliant, so I am guessing its premium, but it resembles GT4 so much, it feels just like an HD version of GT4 with more polygons and more details added. Coz I do remember watching one GT:HD Premium trailer where they showed in car view (i think it was a Mitsubishi Evo) and that looked much better than the trailers / videos of GT:HD concept demo i've seen so far. So is this more like GT-5 concept demo or just a major HD etc. upgrade to GT4?

And I'm bringing it back to life again.

I've a question. I read trough this thread and didn't find an answer.

What is GT HD's maximum resolution? 1080i, 720p, 1080p?

:)

EDIT: found the answer in the 10/20/2007 Demo thread.

Are the ranks reset everyday? I am ranked like no. 8 in the stock evo IV, fwd, time trial but all the other ranks have the same date as mine.

Are the ranks reset everyday? I am ranked like no. 8 in the stock evo IV, fwd, time trial but all the other ranks have the same date as mine.

I don't think so, I think they mean as of date xx/xx/xx these are the rankings.

I feel kinda bad, diggin up this old thread BUT it has to be done..!

So here's my simple question:

Can we get more ppl back online @ GT HD ? ;)

We still have a handful of players posting lap times on the leaderboard, so how about it?
Can we get a few more players from GTP to join the hunt? :D

There is a guy out there called "JASPER-777"...
He kicked my ass in the R32 GTR and we have some close competition with the stock cars!

We still have a handful of players posting lap times on the leaderboard, so how about it?

He kicked my ass in the R32 GTR and we have some close competition with the stock cars!
I can, but what are the stipulations? I plan redownloading this back and that guy sounds familiar on that leaderboard.

Hi, JakeMR2!

Sorry for my late answer! Work kept me busy... :boggled:

If you are talking about any rules, feel free to attack the track with any means! :D
I don't have a problem with cutting and even wall-riding.... I also don't think that any of you guys are doing this so everything is cool! 👍

I prefer the stock cars but if you want to give a specific car a go, just let me know!

I just received this in the post today.

Is there any way to change the language to English?

and if not, what are the options in English?

Wow I didn't know people actually still played GT HD, this is one of the few GT games I never got. Would you still consider the game to be worth it? That is if I could ever find a copy

Wow I didn't know people actually still played GT HD, this is one of the few GT games I never got. Would you still consider the game to be worth it? That is if I could ever find a copy
Late response but I think its more of a collector's piece than anything. If you want the Install Disc, then be willing to spend at least $100+ for it (they appear occasionally on eBay and Yahoo Japan).
Otherwise using a Jailbroken PS3 or Emulation is your best bet.

Back