Open (GTOR) - Gran Turismo Online Racing - Homepage

Discussion in 'GT6 Clubs & Leagues' started by DirtyNurbKing58, Sep 5, 2014.

1. WolfpackS2k

WolfpackS2k

I almost feel like an idiot for asking this, but what the heck does 3-12 October mean?

2. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

throughout the week you need to do small Q sessions, when you can. And then the last day will be the race

3. WolfpackS2k

WolfpackS2k

Thanks.

So the race will be on Sunday the 12th? If so I'll probably be in Charleston that weekend :odd:

4. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

probably the 11th and 12th. It will run all night into the day

swiftsmith likes this.
  5. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

6. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

would see what people wanted and what was still available :)

7. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

Cool, well, I'm available if required... :D

DirtyNurbKing58 likes this.
  8. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

will see if any more interest then will PM you tomorrow about it

hope you guys (especially in the US) can pop in and drive with us :tup:

NinjaEvo likes this.
  9. FaithlessEmo

FaithlessEmo

I can't. French car show is the 12th of October and I'm on the stand.

10. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

you'll be over in france?

11. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

As another note there's starting to be a fair bit of interest here. well done @1996mikey2412 and @swiftsmith too guys :tup: so will really put a fair bit of work into tis now. Will be contacting a few of you so we can tidy up :)

12. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

How many mate? If 6+ we could potentially run a car in each of the two classes? This, obviously, depends on who is prepared to run and if we can agree on cars and line-ups...

13. swiftsmith

swiftsmith

I might be up for it but I need an explanation on how driver changes work. Thanks @DirtyNurbKing58 I'm glad everything is running smoothly.

NinjaEvo likes this.
  14. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

From what I've read you pit, and then you wait in the pit until your team-mate joins, then you quit and they join. The race must be being run as a P session or a Freerun... I'm not entirely sure how it works myself to be honest mate.

15. swiftsmith

swiftsmith

Sounds like Nurbking should find out for us.

16. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

Has anyone read the regs on this? Jesus, talk about long winded. I understand that there must be an OBSCENE amount of work to put this together but come on, screen captures everytime you leave/enter the pits? I suggest people read this because it sounds like a ballache...

17. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

no ninja, close but not exactly. when I have time in about an hour i'll give a run through of the main rules. But there is a fair it of work, but not for the drivers, that's why AJ gets alt of respect from me.

Yeah, I know all the rules etc and if your interested it would help if an idea was known. But will give a brief over view soon

Was thinking about the 2 classes if we had some interest in this. If it perks your interest, the races also have a livestream channel by wardez so it will again give out our name

NinjaEvo and swiftsmith like this.
  18. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

I'm interested, just means I'll have to run in SD instead of HD to get the screen caps... :D

19. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

no need, you take a full picture of the screen

ok, basically during the week you'll need to do a qualy session. its 5 laps and determines our grid position. Then on th night, you enter the room, take a picture of the screen as your leaving the pits, this shows the time your stint starts. Then when your stint finishes, you enter the pits and take a photo again, showing how many laps you completed and when the stint finishes. The you leave the room and the next driver enters, and takes a photo of the screen. The driver who just left send the pictures to AJ

The race is ran In free run/practice mode as if you have a 24hr race, then leaving the room then drive 2 entering means you cant enter. So this allows drivers to come and go as they need to. The pictures is to show the time your stint starts/finishes and laps

Eg
    Driver A starts race. Completes 22 laps and finishes at 1:15:945 (these will be on laps/total time on the screen which he catches)
    He leaves room and driver B enters. His stint starts at 1:17:395 and then he finises at 3:59:108 having completed 65 laps. Then this keeps happening throughout the race

Then when AJ has all the pictures. He can see the time we drove for and our laps, adding it all up

Hope that makes sense?....

NinjaEvo likes this.
  20. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

It does... :D

Here was me thinking this would take days to explain... lol

21. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

Oh yeah, and for the record, since I'm never busy on weekends, I'm happy to do the graveyard shift if needed.

22. NinjaEvo

NinjaEvo

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd...

Someone will have to take one for the team as the Russian GP is on that Sunday...

23. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

yeah when you see the OP you are just overwhelmed, but a lot of it is fancy writing about known driving standards/rules etc.

Basically, all you do is turn up during your designated stint take a photo as you leave the pits then take one as you enter. Then send the pics to AJ in the convo he'll open with us

Thanks for the offer mate, it's why I thought it would be a good idea for GTOR members to participate, as it allows the European and US guys to get together. The night stints for UK would be day time for US so would work out well

That would be me. I can't afford sky lol so I would be watching the highlights programme, so I can race while you all watch the race (long as you don't spoil it for me :lol:)

24. Mini Stiggy

Mini Stiggy Premium

The Spa 24 is full I believe.

25. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

i know mate I did see that it was full, but there's a few teams without a full list of drivers
    Even so, we could go in as resverves

26. Harsk100

Harsk100

My team "Harsk World Motorsports" will run with Lotus in Spa 24H. I need 2 drivers driving for my team. If you want to do it, please send me a PM.

27. True-blue-8

True-blue-8

Harsk, go away, not your thread :/ especially over and over again

28. Mikey24

Mikey24 (Banned)

The Trofeo d'Italia will be officially run on Saturdays. Please edit this into the OP, thanks.

29. Harsk100

Harsk100

Whatever you say :grumpy:

30. True-blue-8

True-blue-8