[GTOR] PTCC - Pam's Touring Car Championship - Series StoppedFinished 

• Thread starter Pamellaaa
  • 859 comments
United Kingdom
Cornwall
Pamellaaa
Season stopped at half way point, please see here for more details

PTCC Banner.jpg

Welcome to the PTCC - Season 1 - Supermini Shootout a fun, friendly and welcoming series featuring 4 excellent little hot hatchbacks in a touring car format. This series has been designed to put an emphasis on simplicity and ease of competition, complex rules are kept to a minimum, success penalties are mild and straightforward and lobbies are structured to minimise any disruption caused by connection issues. There are two championships up for grabs, a standard drivers championship as well as a teams/constructors trophy. Anyone who wants to get involved should reply to this thread with their GTP username, their PSN ID and their preferred choice of car.

The series is going to begin on the 06/04/2015 with an endurance support race, this will run every Monday, the main event itself starts on 09/04/2015 and will run every Thursday.

Race format

At the start of each meeting there will be a 15 minute qualifying session to decide the grid for race 1, the starting grid for race 2 and race 3 will be determined by finishing position in the previous race, this will ensure that in the event of someone disconnecting during a session they will be able to start at the back of the grid without disrupting the evening or necessitating time consuming manual grids. Race 1 and 2 are to last roughly 20 minutes each and are to be completed on Sports Soft Tyres with a mandatory pit stop, race 3 will be a feature race lasting around 30 minutes, during this race both Sports Soft and Sports Medium tyres must be used.

There will also be a separate endurance championship run on Monday evenings, this will be a simple 10 minute qualifying session followed by a one hour race, this will be run on the same tracks as the main event and will hopefully provide people with an opportunity to practice the track, plan their strategies and get some tuning done prior to each meeting.

Approximate Timings in BST

This link should give you your local time equivalent of 18:30, please let me know if this doesn't work.

18:30 - Room Open

19:00 - Qualifying Session Begins

19:15 - Race 1 Begins : 20 minutes - Endurance Races Start

19:40 - Race 2 Begins : 20 minutes

20:10 - Race 3 Begins : 30 minutes​

Scoring
The scoring system has been designed to encourage patience throughout all 3 races and allow people who start towards the back after qualifying to work their way up the field during race one and two in order to get a good starting position for race 3 with the increased points.

Points for races one and two will be awarded as follows:​

1st - 25
2nd - 22
3rd - 20
4th - 18
5th - 16
6th - 14
7th - 12
8th - 10
9th - 8
10th - 6
11th - 5
12th - 4
13th - 3
14th - 2
15th - 1

Points for the feature race will be awarded as follows:​

1st - 30
2nd - 25
3rd - 22
4th - 20
5th - 18
6th - 16
7th - 14
8th - 12
9th - 10
10th - 8
11th - 6
12th - 5
13th - 3
14th - 2
15th - 1
There will also be a bonus point for Pole Position, Fastest Lap and for each driver who leads a lap during each race.
Team scoring will be based on as full a grid as can be managed, if we start the qualifying session of a meeting with 4 of each cars then every car will score for the team in every race that evening even if people disconnect or don't complete all 3 races. If one or more teams can only field 3 (or 2) drivers coming into qualifying then scores will be based on the top 3 (or 2) of each car to finish each race of the meeting. This will be locked in and based on who takes the track for qualifying each race night.

There will be two drop scores in the drivers championship but every round will count towards the teams championship. Teams are welcome to run guest or reserve drivers if one of their 4 main drivers is unable to attend. All drivers will score points towards the drivers championship and, where possible, all cars will score towards the team championships.

Stewards reserve the right to give a reserve or backup driver a permanent seat in the event of repeated absence by a permanent driver.

The endurance races will be scored using the race 3 points scale, there will be a separate teams standings for the endurance series and bonus points will be awarded for Pole, Fastest Lap and Lead Lap.

The Cars

The 4 cars listed have been selected to offer very similar performance levels as standard and have been fine tuned to try and ensure the closest possible racing on track throughout the season, all are running with 250BHP and balancing has been achieved with modest changes to weights which leaves us with 4 cars which each have very similar characteristics. There is a maximum of 4 of each car available and these will be assigned on a first come - first served basis, car choice will also dictate your team so please bear this in mind when selecting a car.

For anyone wishing to race after the grid is full, or who may be able to attend on a part time basis reserve spots are also available, reserve drivers will be able to score points for any team which they represent and all points will go towards their drivers championship position.

Car Specs.jpg

All tuning parts are allowed and there are no restrictions on how the power or weight figures are achieved, all cars will be checked for weight and power levels prior to each race. Aero parts are optional but encouraged. All cars should use a race number.

The Teams

The teams championship setup is probably more accurately called a constructors championship as everyone racing will be fighting for points for their respective manufacturers in addition to drivers championship. The aim here is to add a sense of friendly competition between manufacturer teams and to encourage team tactics and tuning assistance throughout the season. The current manufacturers driving line-up are below:

Team Renault - Formula Chameleon Green - From a TVR (1 Space Left!) :
@Drex124 / PSN : Drex125 / #46
@CptMadBean / PSN : CptMadBean / #42
@Ian_83 / PSN : PleaseD1e / #83

Team Mini - Laser Blue Metallic (2 Spaces Left!) :
@sb360 / PSN : Pamellaaa / # 13 1 Penalty Point
@von Holstein / PSN : Mystiq83 / #95

Team Alfa Romeo - Alfa Red (Team Full!) :
@Doomstorm16 / PSN : doomstorm16 / #16
@bloodyboyblue / PSN : bloodyboyblue / #25
@buck1 / PSN : Buck_aroo2 / #88 1 Penalty Point
@wambam23 / PSN wambam23 / #231 1 Penalty Point

Team Honda - Premium Yellow Pearl ll (2 Spaces Left!) :
@NinjaEvo / PSN : NinjitsuEvolved / #76
@Roflwaffle / PSN : Roflwaffle16 / #16

Reserve Drivers - Must be able to fill in for any car :
@True-blue-8 / PSN True-Blue-8 / #99
@STOCKY8A1 / PSN : STOCKY8A1 / #47
@Duker_86 / PSN : duker_86 / #08

Each team must run the same body colour and the first driver to sign up for each team will have free choice as to what this is, wheel and spoiler colour are not restricted and each driver is free to change this if they choose to do so.

Room Settings

Tyre and Fuel Depletion : Fast for Race 1 & 2, Very Fast for Race 3, Very Fast for Endurance Races

Damage : Light

Grip Reduction at Track Edge : Real

Slipstream Strength : Weak

False Starts : On

Nitrous : Prohibited

Traction Control, Stability Management and Active Steering are prohibited, ABS and Racing line are permitted.

Success Penalties

Penalties will be mild and straightforward, they will be a simple BHP figure that will need to be taken off the cars that have earned them and they will be fixed for each meeting, there will be no changes of settings between Race 1, 2 and 3 in an evening.

This system has been designed to slightly reduce the performance of those who consistently perform strongly in order to maximise the competitiveness of the series and encourage wheel to wheel racing between as many people as possible.

After each race evening a meeting leaderboard will be calculated, and the top 7 drivers will have penalties applied for their following event. Doing penalties this way allows us to negate any problems caused by people missing events or by drop scores if it was done through series standings. The penalty bandings will be as follows:

-15BHP
-12BHP
-10BHP
-8BHP
-6BHP
-4BHP
-2BHP

It will be possible for there to be multiple drivers on the same penalty level or some levels that are affecting no drivers dependent on who is and isn't present on any given night. Penalties will be posted in the series thread prior to each race meeting and will be checked in the lobby, they will not change throughout an evening keeping race lobbies simple and streamlined.

Calendar

The championship calendar has been decided by an open vote of drivers who signed up prior to the start of the season. The calendar is as below:

Monday 27th April - SJTCC Endurance Round 4 - Grand Valley East Reverse
Thursday 30th April - SJTCC Main Event Round 4 - Grand Valley East Reverse

Monday 4th May - SJTCC Endurance Round 5 - Cote d'Azur
Thursday 7th May - SJTCC Main Event Round 5 - Cote d'Azur

Monday 11th May - SJTCC Endurance Round 6 - Autumn Ring Full Reverse
Thursday 14th May - SJTCC Main Event Round 6 - Autumn Ring Full Reverse

Monday 18th May - SJTCC Endurance Round 7 - Red Bull Ring Full
Thursday 21st May - SJTCC Main Event Round 7 - Red Bull Ring Full

Monday 25th May - SJTCC Endurance Round 8 - Laguna Seca
Thursday 28th May - SJTCC Main Event Round 8 - Laguna Seca

Driving Standards

Everyone is expected to drive considerately and to follow standard OLR code of practice when on track, it is understood that mistakes happen and some contact is inevitable but this should be minimised where possible. If you have taken a place in a manner that you feel may be unfair please pull well away from the racing line to give the position back, stewards will look favourably on those who acknowledge their mistakes and hand positions back.

There will be an expectation that no driver will cut any corners to gain an advantage, to this end each car must have two wheels on or inside the track or curbs at all times. Anyone found to be gaining an advantage by leaving the track even if positions do not change will be penalised.

If you feel that an incident required further investigation please PM @Pamellaaa, @Doomstorm16 or @Ian_83 to allow investigation to take place, do not discuss any such incidents on this thread.

Any incidents spotted by or reported to the stewards will be investigated, if the majority of the stewards believe a punishment is appropriate then the punishment will be PM'd to the offending driver along with an explanation of why it was handed out. If any driver does not agree with a penalty they are given they will have 24 hours from the penalty being issued to protest.

The penalty options available to the stewards include but are not limited to:

Time penalties of up to 300 seconds (5 minutes)
Penalty Points which accumulate throughout the season, collecting too many penalty points will result in the following punishments:

3 points = 25 championship point deduction
6 points = 50 championship point deduction
9 points = 100 championship point deduction
10 points = Series Ban.

Next Rounds

Endurance - Monday 27th April
Track : Grand Valley East Reverse
Room Open - 18:30
Qualifying - 19:00 - 12 Minutes
Endurance Race - 19:12 - 1 Hour

Main Event - Thursday 23rd April
Track : Silverstone National
Room Open - 18:30
Qualifying - 19:00 - 15 minutes
Race 1 - 19:15 - 20 Laps
Race 2 - 19:45 - 20 Laps
Race 3 - 20:15 - 35 Laps

Penalties for Grand Valley East

-15BHP - @Ian_83
-12BHP - @CptMadBean
-8BHP - @wambam23
-6BHP - @Pamellaaa
-4BHP - @Roflwaffle
-2BHP - @buck1

Prior Penalties Carried Over
-8BHP - @von Holstein
-4BHP - @Doomstorm16
-4BHP - @NinjaEvo

GTOR.png

Last edited:
PTCC Supermini Shootout Championship Standings

Teams Championship

Teams Totals.png

Drivers Championship

Drivers Totals.png

Meeting Results

final-results-png.347731

nurb-pre-stewarding-results-png.351450

After Stewarding Results.png

Last edited:
Well I cant really say wether i'll be able to do this as its in the future, but I should be fine.
GTP:Doomstorm16
PSN:doomstorm16
Car:TBA

GTP:TicklyMyNug
PSN:TickleMyNugget
Car: Fit RS

Cheers, added to the OP and as you are the first member of Team Honda you get to choose the team colour as well, Ideally if you could give the exact colour name and which car you need to buy to get it that would be very helpful :) Edit: I have put you down for #23 as per GTTCC, let me know if you want a different one!

Well I cant really say wether i'll be able to do this as its in the future, but I should be fine.
GTP:Doomstorm16
PSN:doomstorm16
Car:TBA

Good news, I won't add you to the OP until you know which car you want but you have a place reserved 👍

I will also want you both to pick 8 tracks whenever suits as well, please put tracks in order of preference and I will add a post detailing current leaders as soon as we have a couple of votes.

Good news, I won't add you to the OP until you know which car you want but you have a place reserved 👍

I will also want you both to pick 8 tracks whenever suits as well, please put tracks in order of preference and I will add a post detailing current leaders as soon as we have a couple of votes.
Sure thing, i'll start some testing tomorrow and will give my car choice by the end of the day, I don't go too in depth with my testing. ;)

Sure thing, i'll start some testing tomorrow and will give my car choice by the end of the day, I don't go too in depth with my testing. ;)

No rush mate, whenever you get to it will be fine. If you go for anything other than the Honda you get colour choice too!

I will probably do my track choice in the next couple of days but I won't pick a car until later on, if I have done the balancing right then it will make no difference which one I have :)

Sounds like the TC series I was looking for! But I will see how my schedule plays out.

GTP: Vetteman24
PSN: WaReAgLe1997
Car: Mini Cooper S

Cheers, added to the OP and as you are the first member of Team Honda you get to choose the team colour as well, Ideally if you could give the exact colour name and which car you need to buy to get it that would be very helpful :) Edit: I have put you down for #23 as per GTTCC, let me know if you want a different one!

Yeah 23 is fine mate, I'll have the metallic yellow pearl (think it's called that)

Sounds like the TC series I was looking for! But I will see how my schedule plays out.

GTP: Vetteman24
PSN: WaReAgLe1997
Car: Mini Cooper S

Excellent, I have added you to the OP, will GMT times be ok for you? You are the first driver in the Mini so please let me know which colour you would like the Mini team to run as well as which car people need to buy in order to get that colour, if you aren't too bothered it would make things easier if you picked one of the standard Mini colours! 👍

Yeah 23 is fine mate, I'll have the metallic yellow pearl (think it's called that)

Cheers mate, I have added the colour to the OP, is this one of the colours from the Fit RS itself or does it come from another car? if its a different car please let me know which one if possible.

Interested then.

GTP: you know this.
PSN: again, you know this. 👍 ;)
Car: Renault

Looking forward to this! :D

Cheers, I have assumed you are using the mikey_2412 PSN but if this is wrong let me know mate, you are the first driver in the Renault so you get colour choice as well, as above let me know what you want to run and ideally where the colour can be obtained :D

How much testing have each of you done before picking your cars and what was your impression of the balancing? I am encouraged that the first 3 picks have all chosen different cars but would like to know how close each of you found the specs if possible please :)

Whenever anyone is ready to let me know on track choices that would be good as well and I can start updating the OP with the current voting positions and the tracks that we may well end up going to!

I am going to change this series from draft to open now, I am reasonably happy that most of the work is done and I will hope to put together an initial test date on Tuesday the 17th of March!

Last edited:
Excellent, I have added you to the OP, will GMT times be ok for you? You are the first driver in the Mini so please let me know which colour you would like the Mini team to run as long as which car people need to buy in order to get that colour 👍

Cheers mate, I have added the colour to the OP, is this one of the colours from the Fit RS itself or does it come from another car? if its a different car please let me know which one if possible.

Cheers, I have assumed you are using the mikey_2412 PSN but if this is wrong let me know mate, you are the first driver in the Renault so you get colour choice as well, as above let me know what you want to run and ideally where the colour can be obtained :D

How much testing have each of you done before picking your cars and what was your impression of the balancing? I am encouraged that the first 3 picks have all chosen different cars but would like to know how close each of you found the specs if possible please :)

Whenever anyone is ready to let me know on track choices that would be good as well and I can start updating the OP with the current voting positions and the tracks that we may well end up going to!

I am going to change this series from draft to open now, I am reasonably happy that most of the work is done and I will hope to put together an initial test date on Tuesday the 17th of March!

The colour itself came from the fit.

@sb360 yeah I'm using mikey_2412 for it. I can grind easily. :D

I'll be running #24, as always, and ill be running matte black as I'm introducing the Jet Black Mafia Racing Team here. :)

@sb360 yeah I'm using mikey_2412 for it. I can grind easily. :D

I'll be running #24, as always, and ill be running matte black as I'm introducing the Jet Black Mafia Racing Team here. :)

I guessed on the number ;)

Is the Matte Black colour one that is available to buy on a car or is it a standard one, it needs to be one that everyone in your team/constructor can use which will mean that 15AE colours might not work.

I guessed on the number ;)

Is the Matte Black colour one that is available to buy on a car or is it a standard one, it needs to be one that everyone in your team/constructor can use which will mean that 15AE colours might not work.
Ah right, I can get Jet Black then. That's a common colour, I have nearly 10 of them. 👍

I'll have a look tonight, it might even be on the Renault.

That would be ideal, I will have a look when I get home too but it would be good to put it in the OP if its not available on the Renault, if not maybe use the Renault black if there is one that is close enough?

That would be ideal, I will have a look when I get home too but it would be good to put it in the OP if its not available on the Renault, if not maybe use the Renault black if there is one that is close enough?
Yeah, just use the Renault Black, I'm up for that. 👍

Minis should always be JCW red and the GMT things should work but the Tuesdays is the problem.
As for my number I think 37 is quite appropriate.

Well since it's the only one left, ill have the alfa then. Colour will be one of the stock reds, will tell you which one when I buy it later

Minis should always be JCW red and the GMT things should work but the Tuesdays is the problem.
As for my number I think 37 is quite appropriate.

Thanks mate, I will update the OP with the colour shortly. How many Tuesdays will you be able to make do you think?

Back