• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Coupe nominated by @Dagger311
1969_yellow_chevrolet_camaro_z28_for_sale_in_tillamook_or_97141_96635314848928606.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Coupe
Engine: 302 c.i. (4.9 L) V8
Power Output: 290 HP
Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive

All classic muscle cars are cool, but if it had been a Ford, Mercury or Pontiac it would have been SZ.

Cool.

I always preferred the looks of the '68 RS, but still a pretty cool car nonetheless.

Seriously uncool. V8's in old muscle cars are just stupidly loud and inefficient, and the ride is awful. They just remind me of rednecks and racists from the south, and there's nothing more uncool than that. The interior in this thing is terrible, no safety equipment either. I just can't vote a car without air bags or ABS cool, no matter what people think. It's just dumb to drive a big lug of a car that isn't even safe in a crash.

I dunno, just look at it. It looks so unaerodynamic and impractical. I'd rather have a modern hatchback or crossover any day of the week, then I'd have a car I can actually use instead of a garage queen status symbol like this for old guys. This car is just so loud that it just screams "look at me look at me! Look how cool and American I am!" every time you drive it.

By increasingly desperate association the current Camaro has made this one uncool.

I kind of get that. If we were evaluating the Camaro as a nameplate, I would be more inclined to vote uncool on the Camaro (and the Mustang for that matter) due to the star that shines twice as bright living half as long analogy. Even then, the rebirth of the Challenger and Charger hasn't helped their cause in that respect.

Just as one car, I do find this one to be cool. Looks good, sounds good, a bit of childish indulgence, as long as you can also avoid talking about emissions and 1/4 mile times. But I can understand finding it uncool by association with other gens, definitely.

V8's in old muscle cars are just stupidly loud and inefficient, and the ride is awful. The interior in this thing is terrible, no safety equipment either. I just can't vote a car without air bags or ABS cool, no matter what people think. It's just dumb to drive a big lug of a car that isn't even safe in a crash.I dunno, just look at it. It looks so unaerodynamic and impractical.
It was 1969. What exactly were you expecting?
They just remind me of rednecks and racists from the south, and there's nothing more uncool than that.
This isn't an orange Charger.

Uncool. It's the quintessential "car show people" car and those people aren't cool what-so-ever. Also every time I've ever met an owners of one of these, they some how think they have the holy grail of older cars, which always amuses me because it's typically sitting around 10-12 other 69 Camaro's at the same show.

With that said though, I still wouldn't pass up a rip in one.

Back