GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
I got my days confused, I do remember it was Wedensday, not Tuesday. I did mean Project cars (PC) not PC computers.

PM
A room will be open today at 7:30. No set-up for car or track.
Tomorrow, jazzpurr09 will host,with the fallowing set-up:

Conditions & Restrictions
FORD FALCON FG V8 SUPERCAR
RUAPUNA PARK GP
Thursday March 23 / 17
1HR. TIMED EVENT
Weather should be good at race time Thursday with a mix of clouds and sun..

I will send the invites to those who wants to race.
See you there.

Thanks for opening the room. Much was learned about navigating the P.C. menus. The racing was incredible. Really immersive. Had loads of fun.

P Mallard
Indeed we, you / Geezer1791 / OldBoy and I did have a super time Pepper! Learned a lot of "good schtuff" thanks to our 'ol buddy from the North:bowdown:. Since then I've started the arduous task of going through each car setting the Force FB per the lessons we learned Sat aft. Problem is, now that we have a few "generic" yet VERY effective FFB settings for PCars I take each one to Dubai GP track and run at least 4 laps giv'n them a try and making just a few minor tweeks - which takes a lot of time but it's a blast to finally be able to at least keep the cars on the track and make some respectable laps. I'm looking forward to the next time we (and any other GEEZERS!) can gather and run some more fun races in PCars!👍👍

So last week when I had no idea what I was doing I looked at the time trial menu and thought I'd run some laps. I looked at the leader board and saw what the fast car was and took out the McLaren F1 long tail. Whatever my wheel setup at the time was, I used, and then used whatever tune was on the car in my garage. I tweaked the master FFB so it wasn't too heavy, then started running laps at Panorama. Over the next hour I got down to 2.063 then took a break. I went back about two hours later and did another half hour and did a 1.59 and change. I took another short break and went back to the track. Did a 1.58.6xx. I had no idea how high up in the standings that was because I didn't know how to check. The top times are in the low 1.50's. Come to find out the 1.59 was around # 114 and the 1.58 didn't post for whatever reason. NOW, with the wheel set up nicely, I went back yesterday and can't get better than a 2.05. It seems the front grip has vanished and I have to really cut back on the speed in the turns going up the hill. I have no idea what happened, nor do I have any idea what the wheel tune was which really sucks! PM

So last week when I had no idea what I was doing I looked at the time trial menu and thought I'd run some laps. I looked at the leader board and saw what the fast car was and took out the McLaren F1 long tail. Whatever my wheel setup at the time was, I used, and then used whatever tune was on the car in my garage. I tweaked the master FFB so it wasn't too heavy, then started running laps at Panorama. Over the next hour I got down to 2.063 then took a break. I went back about two hours later and did another half hour and did a 1.59 and change. I took another short break and went back to the track. Did a 1.58.6xx. I had no idea how high up in the standings that was because I didn't know how to check. The top times are in the low 1.50's. Come to find out the 1.59 was around # 114 and the 1.58 didn't post for whatever reason. NOW, with the wheel set up nicely, I went back yesterday and can't get better than a 2.05. It seems the front grip has vanished and I have to really cut back on the speed in the turns going up the hill. I have no idea what happened, nor do I have any idea what the wheel tune was which really sucks! PM[/QUOTE :bowdown: Absolutely AWESUM laps partner!! :cheers: We're assuming you're talking PCars and those laps, in that car and on that track are off the charts!! Whatever changed with the front tires we're sure you'll find, fix and ramble off an even quicker time. I know I'll not catch you but I'll have to take that car to Panorama and see just how close I can come to your time. I don't know if we can run a Time Trial on our own - kinda like we were able to do in Steweys GT6 lobby, go to the track,, run laps and see the times recorded but that would be cool if we could.

Proj Cars - What I found out this morning is if you run the car in the test run option from the main menu, it drives completely different from the time trial car. Perhaps you are given a setup for the time trial as there is no option to edit the setup. I was able to do a little over two minutes running 4 laps. Maybe you can only edit the basic wheel setup for the time trial?

PMallard

Proj Cars - What I found out this morning is if you run the car in the test run option from the main menu, it drives completely different from the time trial car. Perhaps you are given a setup for the time trial as there is no option to edit the setup. I was able to do a little over two minutes running 4 laps. Maybe you can only edit the basic wheel setup for the time trial?
PMallard

I found the same bud, in Time Trial - NO settings, just drive where-as Test Track tuning is there. Anyway, I drove the McCaren as hard as i could and the ONLY lap I got around without billard ball bouncing off the chicane walls (typically ending in a rolling backward or simply nose planted against the rail) was a 2:11 and change. The top dawgs are sitting in the 1:55's SOOOO, guess that lets me know where I'll be in a race,, LOL I seem to do just a tad bit better on a track with sweeping curves, but 'das OK,, it's still a blast to listen to the engine sounds and feel as if I'm actually driving a performance car - AND - it's only a temporary "filler" game until GS hits the shelves!

I know Eric is interested, I think 4-5 others would be as well, but we still have quite a good time on Saturday morning in GT6. It is more user friendly than PCars. We get to use boost to make the races interesting at the end. I don't think we're ready to abandon GT6 and the Geezers we still race with.

How do I join the club? I'm 64 years old, and love GT 6... In fact I've play all the GT games...

I will send you a Friend Request next time I am Online. We race every Sat morning at 8.30a and would love to have you join us. I'll try to put details in the FR. See post #1 in this thread for the PSN of other Geezers and feel free to send a FR to any or all. 👍👍

I will send you a Friend Request next time I am Online. We race every Sat morning at 8.30a and would love to have you join us. I'll try to put details in the FR. See post #1 in this thread for the PSN of other Geezers and feel free to send a FR to any or all. 👍👍
THANKS!!! Look forward to meeting and racing everyone... If you'd like to know more about me, just google my name... lol

Last edited:
Here's a hint... lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 16
Welcome aboard Billy. Geez - was there any discussion regarding the car for this weekend or should I do some research tonight. Another thought, does Billy need to get Stewy as a friend for him to get into the room on Saturday?

Pepper_Mallard
Thanks, Pepper!!! It's nice to be here... Looking forward to meeting and racing everyone...

Welcome aboard Billy. Geez - was there any discussion regarding the car for this weekend or should I do some research tonight. Another thought, does Billy need to get Stewy as a friend for him to get into the room on Saturday?

Pepper_Mallard

If Billy accepts my FR I think I can then invite him to join the club/room.

Where did you send the friend request??? If you sent it to GT6, I'll accept it when I get off work, tonight... That will be a 8pm CST...

Howdy Billy, joining the others in extending a warm Welcome to tha GTP Geezers Club!:cheers:
We'll assume you'll have no problems joining us for our Saturday morning geezer races. 👍 Once you're in our Geezer lobby we can exchange friend requests EZier than searching via the Planet or PSN. We typically have 6 or 7 make it so we look forward to visiting then. Hopefully you have a headset,, we do alot of racing, but we raz each other alot too.

Greetings Billy -
I sent you a friend request from my GTsail3 acct so you should see this the next time you sign into your Jabe_2 acct

Welcome to the Club!!
:cheers:
I accepted the request... I was doing the tt race at Eifet Flat this morning and your driver's line showed up, and your time... I had a tough time beating it... lol... Same goes to Geezer... This is going to be fun!!!

Howdy Billy, joining the others in extending a warm Welcome to tha GTP Geezers Club!:cheers:
We'll assume you'll have no problems joining us for our Saturday morning geezer races. 👍 Once you're in our Geezer lobby we can exchange friend requests EZier than searching via the Planet or PSN. We typically have 6 or 7 make it so we look forward to visiting then. Hopefully you have a headset,, we do alot of racing, but we raz each other alot too.
I look forward to it... I do have one question... I see the start time is 8:30am... I live in Memphis, that would be 7:30am for me... Is there any other races, or times y'all race???

That's 0830 Eastern bud. Other racing than Sat, no Sir we don't. We're kind of poking the idea of doing something in PS4 Project Cars but so far there's still many who don't have the PS4 yet. Seems most of us just do the seasonal's and Time Trials in GT6 and we're kinda scattered about playing PS4 The Crew, Project Cars, Asseta Corsa, an a few others. Honestly since GranTurismo Sport has been delayed, we sorta got tired of GT6 and are occupying the void elsewhere until GTS (also a PS4 game) hits the stands - then it's Katie Bar Tha Door 'cause tha Geezers will be hot to trot!!:)

Ohhh, another thought, I tried to send you an FR but it was blocked (privacy settings?),, that's OK we can do that Saturday but you might have to deselect the setting just for the Geezers then put it back on. :cheers:

That's 0830 Eastern bud. Other racing than Sat, no Sir we don't. We're kind of poking the idea of doing something in PS4 Project Cars but so far there's still many who don't have the PS4 yet. Seems most of us just do the seasonal's and Time Trials in GT6 and we're kinda scattered about playing PS4 The Crew, Project Cars, Asseta Corsa, an a few others. Honestly since GranTurismo Sport has been delayed, we sorta got tired of GT6 and are occupying the void elsewhere until GTS (also a PS4 game) hits the stands - then it's Katie Bar Tha Door 'cause tha Geezers will be hot to trot!!:)

Ohhh, another thought, I tried to send you an FR but it was blocked (privacy settings?),, that's OK we can do that Saturday but you might have to deselect the setting just for the Geezers then put it back on. :cheers:
I only play GT6 on a PS3... I may get the PS4 when the new game comes out... I'll check my setting when I get home... 7:30am is too early for me... I was hoping y'all had other events, but I still like being in the club... Oh, I almost forgot to ask... Do we get club jackets, like other car or motorcycle clubs??? lol!!!

Back