GTP GTA Group Online Game [13/02/09 - 2100GMT]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments
I only suggested that time for rpgcyco's benefit-- I'm not much good at GTA IV that early.... if he wants to go at 9 pm GMT, that should good for me too.

Ditto on one run ;)

If someone can lob a grenade in the bridge for me, I think I can finish them... Famine seems to have the glitch/hold part down-- if I or anyone else dies and re-spawns on the deck-- you can try to glitch in if Famine has any problems... if you see him below you-- he is in... just be ready to jump off the ship.

RPG-- we all get in the nearest car to start-- just do what the others are doing-- we want to reserve the health back at the heli start point for Famine-- if you are in a vehicle with him and find yourself driving, drive through it(will health everyone in the vehicle up) -- it is on the left, right after driving across the narrow bridge the the van drop off-- slow and make a left as you drive toward it--

I think we are better off if the cops are around just the first person in the van driving it back-- not trying to load everyone else in-- if you can get in the van though by all means try.

The fastest van route (we have discussed previously) for any spawn point north of the park-- is to ignore the GPS-- drive to the road that is just norht of the park-- take the road west that is just north of the park toward alderney (this is the bridge road to alderney), make the last left before you reach the water-- drive south and you can't miss it... if we get the east side spawn (almost directly east of the start)-- use the GPS to get back to the van drop off.

Famine-- did you want to attempt a 1 on 1 for BDB II again tonight at 9 pm GMT again-- or do some 1 on 1 races (free or cannonball races) for AWP trophy?

If we do races do you want to do public or private?

If we do 1 on 1-- lets try to do each 2 times-- if one of us wins the first-- still race the 2nd one, just wait at the finish for the 2nd player to finish.

If you X me, I'll assume you have that race done and will select the next race.

Last edited:
I'm actually nearly done with AWP... I've just got a few normal car races to go - and a couple of repeats where, for some reason, my win wasn't recorded (GTA Race, Heli, Smoke Screen springs to mind). I can fall into those pretty easily during the day - when most people online are incompetent retards :D

I can do a BDB2 at in an hour and a half though.

Ok... lets give it a go again-- I'll try not to let you down--

regarding AWP-- did you have any problems finding carjack city or mafiya work games (team or individual)-- those were a pain to get.

Also, for others that haven't tried this and you are the host-- try these (individual car jack city and mafiya work) with blips off- a blast not knowing where others are but everyone closes in on the same objectives... lots of ambushes and stuff-- I've done this on 30 minute timed sessions-- were great fun.

That's what I call a successful - if frustrating! - session.

Started off with a 5'40! Then a 9' something, then we got three successive easy Van spawns and every time we managed to balls it up. I spent 4 minutes just trying to glitch through the deck!

Then two dodgy van spawns and 6'/7' times, then an easy van spawn followed by a nearly flawless everything. 4'40! Trophy too :D

So thank you Spuds - and mysterious helper :D

That session would have totally sucked if we had not got it...

Aerosol-- from GTAforums-- I've been cheating on you- doing dealbreaker with him too ;)-- I didn't think I could get that bridge bomb set without another person for them to shoot at-- I PMed him to try and set the bridge bomb too... I was hoping he would have a mic so I could just tell him our stategy.

Sorry I had issues with the top landing-- not sure what was going on-- especially liked the one where we flew out the other side.

He screwed us in that first run-- Famine & I had a nearly flawless run both parts, but we had to wait 60-90 seconds for him to get to the van drop off point (he got killed at the van "stop point"... our ship part was about perfect on that one-- on that run he PMed me that he got killed and respawned in the park without any cars nearby-- one time having cars set to parked will screw you--perhaps we should change that to traffic:low??

Social club has us with a 5:47 right now (I could have sworn it was 5:40 too)-- maybe its like "the Driver" in VC-- the clock goes about 5 seconds after you finish the race for your stat times ;)

I thought our trophy run was more like 4:14 (which will put us in the top 150--will see when the stats update what we got)-- I was just happy to get it-- I was happy you kept going after 10 GMT-- I knew we were close if we could just get our ducks in a row in one session.

Still on for Friday for Sureshot and rpgcyco to get BDB II-- I'll try and nail that landing-- I'll try practicing with some helitour mavericks in single player.

Last edited:
I laughed my arse off when we flew straight through the top of the bridge :lol:

Incidentally, speaking of the Social Club, how come it says "War Pig" next to my name in the top-right corner there?

Last edited:
Still on for Friday for Sureshot and rpgcyco to get BDB II-- I'll try and nail that landing-- I'll try practicing with some helitour mavericks in single player.

Are you going to be able to make that Famine? I am happy to start at 9 PM GMT, if it's better for you.

Otherwise, I guess I should get some practice doing the bomb glitch unless someone else is good at it.

Yeah, I'll join you.

I thought I was good at the bomb glitch until last night - one session it took me 4 minutes to get through!

Incidentally Spuds was right - 4'14! Puts us 128/129/130th... Criminy.

Our run was near perfect-- I was not surprised by that time....

Pick a time for tomorrow, I'll be there.

I'm going to try to help Aerosol get his dealbreaker tonight- I did a few runs last night where I drove just to get the feel of that part-- as he is going to fly.

@ Famine-- Where were you trying to land the car when you drove it off the highway?? Were you cutting right and going over the building or just straight off and landing near those stairs?? I drove straigt off a few times-- had one good landing and rolled it on the others-- still ended upright-- just cost me about 5 seconds. I had one good one where I drove off, landed on the building and just drove off and got there but that route seemed dicey (although it was a bit shorter).

@rpgcyco-- just so you know I've been driving both the car and the heli-- everyone should get in the same car-- I'll probably jinx myself but it has been a while since I was killed while driving-- so I think I have it down pretty well for the different spawn spots. I will be landing on top of the bridge. Do not get out til it is landed-- I come in pretty hot and kind of crash through the wires up top (in theory) and the heli sort of gets stuck up there if I do it right. Just walk off on the SE or SW side-- I like the SE side-- famine will be jumping down to glitch into the hold-- if I don't nail it (sometimes I sort of bounce off or go through) I will try and land on the East side as there is a bit more room over there

Just make sure you save the health at the van drop off for Famine- and drive through it if Famine is in a vehicle with you.

With Traffic set to parked-- if someone get killed, some else should try to pick them up when they respawn-- that cost us some time yesterday on some runs.

With 3 of us trying to take out the bridge guys, that should go pretty well-- I will be throwing in a couple of grenades. If one of us get killed-- and spawn on the pier, probably best to climb up on the crane and start shooting--if you spawn on the main deck-- just keep people occupied.

Last edited:
The aim is to land on the roof of the big factory. Sometimes it doesn't quite go right, but generally there's a lot of stuff around to smash into and you generally end up on your wheels on the ground. If not always facing the right way :D

@rpgcyco-- just so you know I've been driving both the car and the heli-- everyone should get in the same car-- I'll probably jinx myself but it has been a while since I was killed while driving-- so I think I have it down pretty well for the different spawn spots. I will be landing on top of the bridge. Do not get out til it is landed-- I come in pretty hot and kind of crash through the wires up top (in theory) and the heli sort of gets stuck up there if I do it right. Just walk off on the SE or SW side-- I like the SE side-- famine will be jumping down to glitch into the hold-- if I don't nail it (sometimes I sort of bounce off or go through) I will try and land on the East side as there is a bit more room over there

Just make sure you save the health at the van drop off for Famine- and drive through it if Famine is in a vehicle with you.

No problem @ all of that.

Just to clarify, at the end of BDBII, I just jump off the side of the boat right? Is there some specific place I must do it? Or just the nearest edge?

I think so. I've not played the mission all the way through before, but judging from those videos on YouTube, it looks like he jumps off the side of the boat (on the dock side) to end the mission.

9PM GMT tonight was the time decided wasn't it?

Famine, may be worth changing the thread title, it's a little out of date...

I'm actually not sure if it will end if you jump in the water, never tried.... someone want to give it a go and see?

If you are up high (bridge), you will die if you jump off toward the dock- you sometimes will spawn back on the ship--usually not though.... if the last person off jumps from up there, then the mission ends as you fall (before you die)-- you can jump from the top level but jump toward the back of the ship-- lets you jump down deck to deck to deck and then off....

just pick a time-- I'm good for whichever.... we only need one run anyway ;)

I'll be on at 9 pm GMT (100 minutes from now)-- rpgcyco is probably sleeping now or about to get up-- if no one else is there, I'll keep checking it through 10 pm gmt (every 5 or 10 minutes)... I'm doing work around the house...

//edit// also you can jump toward the front (on top of the containers) but there are usually some bad guys near there.

The first run was really, really smooth :D With a more favourable van position, we'd have pulled a 3'xx

Scary.

Thanks for that guys. I was suprised how smooth it went too. :)

Looking at my stats, it seems my money has updated, but my time hasn't registered yet. Neither has Sureshot's. Should appear in a few more hours hopefully, then I'll need to do Hangman's N.O.O.S.E. and Deal Breaker.

Have we done Hangman's Noose in the group? I know we haven't done Deal Breaker.

Famine and Spuds have done Noose, as they have the Fly The Coop trophy. I haven't done either of them. Deal Breaker is best done with two people so you get as little enemy spawns as possible.

Noose is really easy compared to the others. There's no real chance involved and there's not much to do. Deal Breaker to me looks to be the most difficult of the three.

Sorry RPG-- if I'd known you needed that one we could have knocked that out fast too (rather then do repeats of BDB... if I see you online, I'll invite you to a session (or we can schedule another)-- I can fly the heli pretty good-- be looking for it at about the 1:30-1:40 mark in the mission-- get in as soon as I land-- we should be able to get this in a few tries...

Sureshot has noose done... (got it with Famine & Me 2:17 if I remember)-- I'd done it previously 2:03).

Dealbreaker is best done with 2 player. We can try it with 4 if you guys want... someone can ride in the car with Famine, and the other can fly with me-- the key is going to be chasing down the van/bikes IMO... we should be able to clear the building faster.

Strategy should be something like this... 2 people drive, 2 people fly.

Fly people work down to 3rd floor, drive people work up..... whoever gets the rocket launcher goes to the pier when the building is almost clear-- other 3 finish clearing the building-- building clear, heli pilot picks up the boat shooter, the other 2 chase down the bikes/van-- heli guys then try to catch the bike/van too... (luck will be as to which group spawns)-- the near spawn point is easy to catch with the heli.

Pick up everyone in the heli and fly back...

It is easier with 2 people but only if you get the boat spawn-- which seems like it is a pain when you get 20 in a row of the land spawn....

//edit//
@ Sureshot Airport one is Hangmans Noose...

Last edited:
No problem, I didn't mind doing Bomb da Base again. :)

I have a feeling though, that it didn't count for me (and maybe Sureshot too). All the money I earnt during those runs has appeared in my stats (viewing through Social Club), but the time has not.

I think that maybe this has something to do with me taking over as host after you left and then the game dropping out to single player when we reached the ship, despite the fact that I forwarded every single one of those ports.

How long did it take for your 4:14 time to appear in the stats?

ARGH! This is so annoying.

EDIT: Ugh! It's updated a bit more now and it thinks my time is 8:33.... what a stupid stats system.

Last edited:
A few hours... give it time... My Noose time took 3 weeks to show up-- but it did.

We can give it another go if need be... and next time, after you get it... exit to single player right after (manually) we get to the main lobby (after you get your time and score displayed)-- I have read of stuff not updating if you get bounced-- but it shouldn't have given you your 8 minute time either if that was the case.

It might have bounced you guys because I left the game--sorry if it did (what was that time BTW?? 4:40ish??) I don't fully understand that bug in that mission.

Last edited:
That first time we got? 4:27, which was really good! :)

EDIT: Just played GTA4 again, did some Noose and got a slightly better time than I did before (but not under 2:32) and the stats updated within 30 minutes. So it certainly looks like my time this morning did not stick.

Sorry for wasting your time. :(

Last edited:
I've had real issues with times/money/wins being updated recently.

I've taken to noting down every single stat I have, noting which races I do during a session and, when I next boot the game up, rechecking the stats for those races (so I can be sure I've completed a win since the "mid-December" update. I've got several races I have marked with wins which my GTA stats say I haven't even attempted. And I've hit level 6 twice in two days.

I've had real issues with times/money/wins being updated recently.

I've taken to noting down every single stat I have, noting which races I do during a session and, when I next boot the game up, rechecking the stats for those races (so I can be sure I've completed a win since the "mid-December" update. I've got several races I have marked with wins which my GTA stats say I haven't even attempted. And I've hit level 6 twice in two days.

That sucks!

I can't believe it's this broken, though it's not alone. Battlefield Bad Company and Far Cry 2 each have problems with their multiplayer trophies and\or stat tracking.

Is anyone up for doing it again tomorrow at the same time? I'll be on and waiting.

Back