GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, French are naturally cool, it's true. They also have class and are very clever. But they are very humble above all. XD (I'm French)

I think some stores (Micromania, Fnac) have dealt with Sony to sell the game in first but the others (but not all) stores don't want to lose sales so they do it too. Sony have sent them emails to yell and to say that they have to wait the 24. That seems to be not very persuasive.

Do me a favour and show me the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP okay? :lol: :)

Sad to see that there isn't an entry in the Hardware section for the Fanatec wheels. While the wheel does work it's gonna take some tweaking for it to feel "right". What that means is I very much doubt the extra vibration motors that the Fanatec Turbo S has will get any use leaving those of us with these wheels with that "hollow" feeling while driving. Just preliminarily observation guys.

Does anyone know if the special pre-order cars (different ones apparently for different retailers) are going to released at some point via either free or paid DLC? Or are they already in the game and pre-ordering them simply unlocks them earlier than you normally would?

I only ask because I know of a few games that've done this obviously to give people more incentive to pre-order and then released the items later on to the general public in the form of DLC. I kind of want those 6 customized cars that come with the Collector's Edition but I don't really want anything else in it (can't even remember what comes with it) and and extra $35 is a bit of an ask for 6 virtual cars.

Does anyone know if the special pre-order cars (different ones apparently for different retailers) are going to released at some point via either free or paid DLC? Or are they already in the game and pre-ordering them simply unlocks them earlier than you normally would?

First part no one knows but we're assuming it will be the same case as the GTPSP where some time down the road they gave them all away for free. 2nd part, most likely. You just enter the voucher code to download a small file to unlock them from the disk.
The virtual cars are all free so I don't see why they wouldn't release them, eventually.

Some of you might have checked out Swerv's reports from SEMA. Well he found out that you can save as many tracks that your HD has room for.

Sad to see that there isn't an entry in the Hardware section for the Fanatec wheels. While the wheel does work it's gonna take some tweaking for it to feel "right". What that means is I very much doubt the extra vibration motors that the Fanatec Turbo S has will get any use leaving those of us with these wheels with that "hollow" feeling while driving. Just preliminarily observation guys.

The extra 'shock' motors dont work on the PS3 as they do on the Xbox due to their different methods of vibration. The 'shock' motor is only on when you press down on the gas.

Us Fanatec owners will just have to share our tuning info to see what works best.

To allow us to be the first ones to get 100 % gold licenses:

5192652681_2b2068bdd2.jpg

;)

So you'd say you've been the first to raise the most white flags?

The extra 'shock' motors dont work on the PS3 as they do on the Xbox due to their different methods of vibration. The 'shock' motor is only on when you press down on the gas.

Us Fanatec owners will just have to share our tuning info to see what works best.

I hope they can patch us a little something to get us some more "feel". Diving more into career, there's some special stuff under the hood. :)

owned the game less than a day and A-Spec progression is already 1/3 the way too completion... seems rather short :grumpy:

If you have played prior GT series you would know the progression is not in a linear fashion. The higher up in level you are the harder / slower progression is. This allows you to build a basic garage / money platform quickly rather than having nothing for a long time.

DTS
If you have played prior GT series you would know the progression is not in a linear fashion. The higher up in level you are the harder / slower progression is. This allows you to build a basic garage / money platform quickly rather than having nothing for a long time.

never really been one of the guys that aim for gold, or 100%, so I never really paid much attention to the progression of the game when I played the old ones... I always saw beating my last time as the main and only goal haha, I was aiming to change that and take GT5 seriously though now I'm a little more mature. But thanks for clearing that up 👍

Does anyone else think Gamestop is really bs'ing customers about the number of pre-orders they have? I have 8 local Gamestops around me and only ONE of them is doing a midnight release and the employees are mainly 360 and Wii users, but they'd be willing to do a midnight release anyway. The others don't have enough pre-orders. The Wal Mart and all Best Buy's are doing a midnight release for GT5. I really think GS is bs'ing other people.

I have a question, what about dynamic spoilers like murcielago, veyron, lfa etc!?
they works fantasically, take a look at the latest gallardo video and especially at the wonderful maclaren to see it 4 yourself:drool:

never really been one of the guys that aim for gold, or 100%, so I never really paid much attention to the progression of the game when I played the old ones... I always saw beating my last time as the main and only goal haha, I was aiming to change that and take GT5 seriously though now I'm a little more mature. But thanks for clearing that up 👍

Im pretty much the same boat. I bought a DFGT and im taking the GT of this generation much more seriously in the way of trying to do it all, and do it better than what i did in previous GT titles.

To allow us to be the first ones to get 100 % gold licenses:

5192652681_2b2068bdd2.jpg

;)

:grumpy:

That's not fair.

Anyway, nice to know that many fans are having the privilege to experience the game prior to official release, I'm now done with watching videos and drooling at photomode pics, the game appears to be freaking amazing and I want to hold some surprises when I grab my copy. :embarrassed:

Does anyone else think Gamestop is really bs'ing customers about the number of pre-orders they have? I have 8 local Gamestops around me and only ONE of them is doing a midnight release and the employees are mainly 360 and Wii users, but they'd be willing to do a midnight release anyway. The others don't have enough pre-orders. The Wal Mart and all Best Buy's are doing a midnight release for GT5. I really think GS is bs'ing other people.

I think the problem is staffing, no stores here are doing a midnight opening and they have plenty of pre-orders. Problem is, the final release date was only confirmed a little over a week and a bit ago, with CoD out of the way and WoW: Cataclysm forthcoming, it's impossible to shoehorn in staff to cover midnight release for a game with so little notice.

I think the problem is staffing, no stores here are doing a midnight opening and they have plenty of pre-orders. Problem is, the final release date was only confirmed a little over a week and a bit ago, with CoD out of the way and WoW: Cataclysm forthcoming, it's impossible to shoehorn in staff to cover midnight release for a game with so little notice.

They're all going to other stores' midnight releases instead so they can run home with GT5 :)

They're all going to other stores' midnight releases instead so they can run home with GT5 :)

Possibly, but, as I said, apart from the 24 hour Tesco, no one is going to be open at that time. :P

Tesco are going to make a killing though and, if I didn't already have mine on the way, I'd probably be there as well.

http://i.imgur.com/oS748.jpg

I find this photo absolutely stunning.The level of detail is amazing and keeps surprising me time and time again.

Does being able to read a radio display really make it a better game? I don't think so. In the grand scheme of things that would make a racer/driving game great, I'd think that would be quite low on the list.

If you asked the boards if they'd like to be able to read the radio display in 25% of the cars -or- have all cars be slightly above GT5:P's level, but with cockpit & wheel swaps; 9 of 10 would chose the latter.

Seems like PD was penny smart but pound foolish.

Does being able to read a radio display really make it a better game? I don't think so. In the grand scheme of things that would make a racer/driving game great, I'd think that would be quite low on the list.

If you asked the boards if they'd like to be able to read the radio display in 25% of the cars -or- have all cars be slightly above GT5:P's level, but with cockpit & wheel swaps; 9 of 10 would chose the latter.

Seems like PD was penny smart but pound foolish.

I never said that being able to read a radio display makes it a better game.I would choose the latter as well but you have to give credit where credit is due,that detail is simply stunning.

Does GT5 tell you what engine is the car using? and does it tell you how much HP does the car have??

I would like to know if they listed the engine/ how much horsepower it has for FT-86 concept car ( it is Toyota)

Thank you

HeroPride

Does GT5 tell you what engine is the car using? and does it tell you how much HP does the car have??

I would like to know if they listed the engine/ how much horsepower it has for FT-86 concept car ( it is Toyota)

Thank you

HeroPride

It most certainly does, both, but sometimes for concept cars it is just blank, because the manufacturer never decided on that concept car's motoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back