GTP H2H Tournament #2 | Sponsored By: SS | T1 - MCR-Ishox & MCR-monsterGAUZ 3RD - TH137Z

• Thread starter Stavingo
  • 248 comments

Should hybrids be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm probably being the most pushy spastic at this point
but
no
seriously
stav make da friggin line video omf
theres like
4 days
wot r u doin m8

Somewhat stars aligned and I have to plan something for my mothers birthday :lol: Along with getting told I go away this coming Monday oh mayne.

Okay video isn't up but I'll give you guys pointers for an ideal line since video can't be up till tonight.

You guys line up on back straight just before tunnel, roll to 130km/h (No clue what that is in MPH) going through long right as soon as you pass the rumble strip you can accelerate to speed.

Now heading into first corner you guys don't need to initiate from the outside or left side of track, you can head back to the right side and initiate drift between 50-100m sign area.

(Hopefully I'll define this better in the video)

First clipping point (Second corner on S curve) is at the end of the sandbox, obviously sandbox doesn't go up to rumble strip so that will be defined in video, dirt drop may have incur a deduction on score.

Second clipping point which will be the second half of the rumble strip after the S curve, dirt drop will incur deductions again because hitting the patch around the strip slows the car down causing a lot of problem.

Next clipping point is on the outside before 130R is the first rumble strip tile etc (should be white IIRC) dropping wheels onto grass to hit this clipping point is allowed.

Next clipping point is on corner of 130R, will be right on apex.

Final clipping point will be on the outside on the rumble strip after 130R, more so designed to hit the first half of the rumble strip then straighten out.

Finish line is where you should pass a fence on the left facing horizontal on the track and could have white or orange padding.

Anyways I wish I could just jig casual work haha, hope the video can come out later tonight

Somewhat stars aligned and I have to plan something for my mothers birthday :lol: Along with getting told I go away this coming Monday oh mayne.

Okay video isn't up but I'll give you guys pointers for an ideal line since video can't be up till tonight.

You guys line up on back straight just before tunnel, roll to 130km/h (No clue what that is in MPH) going through long right as soon as you pass the rumble strip you can accelerate to speed.

Now heading into first corner you guys don't need to initiate from the outside or left side of track, you can head back to the right side and initiate drift between 50-100m sign area.

(Hopefully I'll define this better in the video)

First clipping point (Second corner on S curve) is at the end of the sandbox, obviously sandbox doesn't go up to rumble strip so that will be defined in video, dirt drop may have incur a deduction on score.

Second clipping point which will be the second half of the rumble strip after the S curve, dirt drop will incur deductions again because hitting the patch around the strip slows the car down causing a lot of problem.

Next clipping point is on the outside before 130R is the first rumble strip tile etc (should be white IIRC) dropping wheels onto grass to hit this clipping point is allowed.

Next clipping point is on corner of 130R, will be right on apex.

Final clipping point will be on the outside on the rumble strip after 130R, more so designed to hit the first half of the rumble strip then straighten out.

Finish line is where you should pass a fence on the left facing horizontal on the track and could have white or orange padding.

Anyways I wish I could just jig casual work haha, hope the video can come out later tonight

How do we attack the straight at least? One really big long transition, or do we do a little fishtail and then keep it going?

How do we attack the straight at least? One really big long transition, or do we do a little fishtail and then keep it going?

Depends on car matchup and power, I for one can make a huge transition in my Dora the Soarer and also in my S14 K but that require more work and a wheel drop on the first outside 130R clipping point.

But say if you prefer not to link it, straightening after outside S curve clipping point and staying on the line before hitting next outside clipping point.

EDIT: Having event over two days, still kept same week so hopefully this is fine with everyone, on Friday I should be able to get first heat done after about 7PM

I expect to have the whole tournament finished by Saturday night.

This cram into two days is because I have to organise all my stuff due to going to the snow next week.

Hope this isn't much of an inconvenience but hopefully everyone can still participate.

Cheers,
Stav

Last edited:
I have a quick question. Myself and I think half of rcd, don't use the heads up display, only problem is that we can't see the speed. Is it alright if when leading we provide a generous courtesy roll so we don't have to turn the hud bacck on. I can find out which gear limits out close to the speed limit as to keep close to the designated speed, but I can't say ill be able to sit exactly on the speed.

I have a quick question. Myself and I think half of rcd, don't use the heads up display, only problem is that we can't see the speed. Is it alright if when leading we provide a generous courtesy roll so we don't have to turn the hud bacck on. I can find out which gear limits out close to the speed limit as to keep close to the designated speed, but I can't say ill be able to sit exactly on the speed.

Why no hud? it's nothing too distracting...

Why no hud? it's nothing too distracting...
The hud is heaps distracting. I don't want the flags buzzing. I'm sick of tuning against the tyres so now I don't use it, I don't look at my rpm as I go by sound, don't need my gear indicator and generally don't need the speed. Not to mention the points system I don't contend with so I don't need the scores, don't drag race so don't need the times, don't wanna know how many countless laps I've completed or what position in in. Its all pretty much useless info. And it gets in the road. Frankly if I could turn off the text, I would also as that's the worst.

The hud is heaps distracting. I don't want the flags buzzing. I'm sick of tuning against the tyres so now I don't use it, I don't look at my rpm as I go by sound, don't need my gear indicator and generally don't need the speed. Not to mention the points system I don't contend with so I don't need the scores, don't drag race so don't need the times, don't wanna know how many countless laps I've completed or what position in in. Its all pretty much useless info. And it gets in the road. Frankly if I could turn off the text, I would also as that's the worst.

The good thing about this section is that you go reverse straight off the starting line, meaning that when you go through the section, no flags nor points come up hindering your FOV, but if you guys really want to run no HUD that's fine by me.

Just at least be going a reasonable speed because it's quite a difficult section if you don't speed match the corners properly.

Also @DriftRyuji by the looks of it we're still short of 2 people to make a full bracket, so you guys are pretty much available unless massive flood of sign ups (I'd give guys on reserve list first dibs anyways because you guys waited longer)

Also event may be held over two days due to Sunday being day before going away, so be prepared more so Friday/Saturday to get everything all done.

Hopefully this time I'll fully able to get everyones replays (Accidentally deleted last ones) and put them up on my channel.

@Stavingo

Name:Shoot_Da_Car
Comp Car:Supra or Z34/33
Nos: No
Team: Southern Sliders
-Decided to give it a go if I can get a spot.it a go if I can get a spot.

EDIT: PEDOMETER PROBLEMS COUNT ME OUT!!!

I was running it with @xcheezlez before and I don't even get to 130km. Don't need it, also how many wheels can we dirt drop before last corner and can we dirt drop off the 2nd corner. Just trying to find the right line for lead runs.

I was running it with @xcheezlez before and I don't even get to 130km. Don't need it, also how many wheels can we dirt drop before last corner and can we dirt drop off the 2nd corner. Just trying to find the right line for lead runs.

None for the first outside clip on the straight but the one before 130R you can dirt drop.

Hey Stav do you take reserves?

Yeah, I recently depleted the reserves because without them not enough to make full field.

Post your form below and I'll add you to OP 👍

Demet I'm gonna be late home ahh need to post this line video.

Yeah, I recently depleted the reserves because without them not enough to make full field.

Post your form below and I'll add you to OP 👍

Demet I'm gonna be late home ahh need to post this line video.
Nice man thanks

Name: monsterGAUZ/MCR-monsterGAUZ
Comp Car: Mercedes Benz C63 AMG RB26 swap
NOS: No
Team: MCR Factory

Hey uhh stav, when exactly do we at least find out who we're going against...?

I'll do bracket right now, apologies for delay but couldn't help it due to lack of sign ups to make a 16.

EDIT: Bracket is up :)

EDIT 2: Thinking of pushing back the date by a week and having the event Saturday-Sunday due to these later entries.

Also can people check OP and make sure I have right car in their entry form

Last edited:
I'll do bracket right now, apologies for delay but couldn't help it due to lack of sign ups to make a 16.

EDIT: Bracket is up :)

EDIT 2: Thinking of pushing back the date by a week and having the event Saturday-Sunday due to these later entries.

Also can people check OP and make sure I have right car in their entry form

if you put it a week back i can''t do that.. I have my Yearly exams :(. Plus the new signs probably know the course already anyway

Back