GTP Lobby Racing

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 352 comments
That wasn't too bad an introduction to this little group.

I mean, aside from me misjudging braking into Ascari..

..and making a right mess of Gardens' quad-right..

..and having a few too many picnics at the Nürburgring..

..basically look away from anything that isn't the Maggiore race and it wasn't too terrible. That race, however, was quite good fun.

Lobby smash hits.

Excellent lobby racing. Must be better than I thought.

I had closer look at that video cos I saw a Mercedes upfront. And boy was I surprised who was driving it. Nik_Makozi was racing with you guys!? Nice! Was he clean lol?

K32
I had closer look at that video cos I saw a Mercedes upfront. And boy was I surprised who was driving it. Nik_Makozi was racing with you guys!? Nice! Was he clean lol?

Its like general lobby racing. Theres a sort of gentlemans agreement in it. Everyone is (should) be clean. There will be the odd bup or two. Would say everyone in there was racing clean.

Its like general lobby racing. Theres a sort of gentlemans agreement in it. Everyone is (should) be clean. There will be the odd bup or two. Would say everyone in there was racing clean.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. That's the best kind of driving I can think of. :)

If players are dirty or not behaving I usually kick them out :D

But yeah, at some point we were 15 drivers yesterday, randoms also join the races but behave most of the time 👍

If players are dirty or not behaving I usually kick them out :D

But yeah, at some point we were 15 drivers yesterday, randoms also join the races but behave most of the time 👍

dang it, I'm really going to have to remember to get on here before I play to see if anyone from here has an open lobby.

I had a Sport Mode Gr.3/Gr.4 lobby open yesterday too and we did have several pretty full races. At the front of the pack we had some really good, clean racing....after watching the replays, back of the pack not so much, lol, but overall great day.

Only thing I hate about hosting a lobby is starting the race, do people want longer to practise? Do I have to wait for the guy who’s not yet entered? Even yesterday I said 2 laps practise then race so I went to the toilet came back and didn’t see BraddersVee had turned up so he missed out.

I’d rather someone else host so no hassle for me, happy to race any class or track as long as it’s fair

Only thing I hate about hosting a lobby is starting the race, do people want longer to practise? Do I have to wait for the guy who’s not yet entered? Even yesterday I said 2 laps practise then race so I went to the toilet came back and didn’t see BraddersVee had turned up so he missed out.

I’d rather someone else host so no hassle for me, happy to race any class or track as long as it’s fair
I’d just pick a time and say starting at 10 to the hour or whatever. The races were short enough that you wouldn’t be hanging on too long if you missed one.

What settings are better at getting people to join a room? I like to run it how SNAIL does it with nothing allowed but ABS and no tuning but I think that scares people away. Should I leave all aids on or just ABS and TC? And penalties off because the system is flawed but will that invite bashers?

I usually only ban CSA as it‘s the only aid that gives you an advantage. Penalties are turned off.
@bmxmitch managed to fill up a lobby within 3 minutes yesterday, so maybe he can give a tip :D

No one showed up in that entire time so I left to fix my livery

I was surprised how full the lobby was and how fast it filled!!!
Lots of fun racing with 16 people in lobbies :)

What I suggest to set up, is pretty simple.
Just try to mimic the sport mode settings! BoP on, no settings, only hard tires and so on.
And dont lock any assists, as this will turn off many people I guess...

I named my lobby "sport mode, but fair" btw. Maybe this helps too :P

I've tried making several lobbies at the Nurburgring 24h layout with Gr.3 (bop on, RH tyres, no setup). All assists allowed apart from CSA and a 2 lap race (set at 15:00, cloudy). Waited 1 hour one time (driving around, admiring the track, changing views, admiring the car, looking through activity feed), other times I waited for an hour max, and nobody showed up each time. I called the room "GT3 N24 Racing". Is it because Nurburgring 24h is such an intimidating track for many drivers? Or is it just that my room settings were a bit strict? (also, I put corner cutting penalties on weak)

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn’t join that lobby, I prefer 5-6 lap races on shorter circuits

Is it because of the track?

EDIT: "I prefer 5-6 lap races on shorter circuits" - sorry just understood what you meant. Short tracks = good, Long tracks = bad.

Edit: lobby closed

Opening a lobby now called “Sport Mode Gr.4”

All are welcome as long as you are trying to be clean and fair. Starting at Interlagos, will vote after a few, and could switch to Gr.3 if there’s interest.

I’ve tried my best to mimic Daily Race B settings...bop on, no tuning, racing hards, penalties, weak ghosting.

Let’s race, let me know you’re from GTP.

Room ID: CLOSED

Last edited:
Back