GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 475 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
I would but I'm a 20 year old with points on my license. That would jack my insurance rates through the roof. I am, however, looking at more average cars. The Kia Soul ! (that's the actual trim name...) isn't a bad car. 165 HP, 2837 lbs.

I have a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible
(Sorry for double post)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 27
I drive a black Peugeot 208 allure. It has 120 hp and weights around 1180 kg. 1.6 na engine, it looks very pretty and is super comfortable, great fuel consumption too. It is however the second slowest car I've ever driven.

You can see it in the back, the other two are our's too but I drive the Pug the most.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I drive a 2008 Honda Fit
Wife drives a 2007 Honda Accord
Also have a 2003 Honda S2000 for Auto-X and HPDE track days but its mostly a garage queen
Sorry no pics, they are all stock so you already know what they look like

I just picked this up today! IMG_20160826_174332883.jpg
It's a 97 Mercury Cougar 30th anniversary edition. Has just over 8600 miles on it. It's a car I have waited a very long time to get. It was my grandmother's whom finally decided to part with it. If memory serves, it was one of the last MN12's off the production line and even has a plaque that was factory installed dedicating the car to my grandmother. IMG_20160826_174459587.jpg

Our others rides consist of a 14 Ford Explorer Base 4wd, an 06 Mazda 3 hatchback and an 85 RX7.

I just picked this up today! View attachment 580054
It's a 97 Mercury Cougar 30th anniversary edition. Has just over 8600 miles on it. It's a car I have waited a very long time to get. It was my grandmother's whom finally decided to part with it. If memory serves, it was one of the last MN12's off the production line and even has a plaque that was factory installed dedicating the car to my grandmother. View attachment 580055

Our others rides consist of a 14 Ford Explorer Base 4wd, an 06 Mazda 3 hatchback and an 85 RX7.
This is really cool!

It is pretty cool. I have wanted this car for quite some time. Sadly though, the car has sat most of it's life in a drive way. The paint is very rough, and even at just 8600 miles, the rad, thermostat, and like water pump will need replacing. The suspension is shot and I am a little worried about the trans which has a bit of a stutter when in low rpm.
Just gone over all the hoses, belt and the rest and all those actually look pretty good. I did however see some oil seepage around the valve covers. Since there is some surface rust starting around the shock tower under hood, I'll likely replace them at the same time I pull everything off the wheel well walls to clean and repaint them.
Fair bit of work needing to be done, but the car is worth it for sure.

I drive a 1996 Toyota Avalon.

The car is a soldier.

Basic Specs:
It's a Luxury Sedan
FF Patform
The Engine is a 1MZ-FE 3.0 V6 (24 Valves)
Automatic (Toyota tried their hardest to make gear shifting as smooth as possible, without VVTI)
Changing spark plugs on this car is a nightmare.
It has a sunroof (:D)
LED Spoiler with the LED lights dying (don't ask me why)
Optional Foglights, driver side bulb is blown
It's colored black
The headgasket is "seeping"

25112009032.jpg

This is how I recieved the car, I did not add anything to it. The only thing I've added was a K&N Air Filter and synthetic oil (Mobil 1).

I love this car to death.

It was a love/hate relationship with this car in the last 5 years. Currently, the exhaust leaks a lot and can't really be fixed right now because one of the bolts snapped in half (rust) while trying to remedy the problem, the CV Half-shaft boot on the passenger side is gone and it's metal-on-metaling and it's just showing its age now due to the Florida weather.

So I bought a Lexus LS430. :lol:

Currently I have a 2004 Pontiac GTO and a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. I am slowly, but surely getting the GTO back up to snuff, the truck is my primary daily driver. Nothing major is wrong with the car, just a lot of little things that needed attention from minor neglect.

2003 Daihatsu Charade L251. 1.0L, 5-speed manual, 2-door hatch. Picked it up July, 2010 w/73146kms.

Handed the keys to my step-son @114437. Got it back with 148785, dents, bumper scrapes, dirty, mismatched bigger tyres(supposed to be 155/65-13s. Now on 165/70-13 Nankangs on fronts, a Michelin and a no name on the rears)👎 big difference from my old Kumhos. Engine runs rough, dirty oil, no washer fluid, 6x9 inoperative speakers on the parcel shelf, coffee or cola stained seats, dash & steering wheel never cleaned, carpet on driver's side wearing thin(my poor floor mats were tossed out :(). My "retro cars" sticker is looking a bit worn as well.

Car sat dormant from beginning of November til end of November as he had to re-register it. So, I drove the Mirage I swapped with him, until that got sorted.

Noises noises everywhere. Main culprit: wheel bearings. I'll get all corners changed asap as it's just plain silly he let it go this long. Who knows how long, because he ain't saying. Spark plugs, manual trans fluid and possibly fuel filter & injectors need attending to.

Regarding the dents. I asked how a scrap happened on the fuel door. Another car reversed into it.
Small rust spots developed on a few creases on the driver's door. All those things will sorted once I get the car back to its pre-handover days.

So "The Silver Bullet" begins its next journey in my capable hands. The car will be 20 in 6 years. Might have to start a thread. :D "Project: 2023" :)

For the record, I own a 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX. It's approximately 36 feet high and 10 of those ft are the ground clearance. Seriously, this thing sits high for what it is, or at least trying to be *cough* Aztek *cough*

It also has a 3.6L V6 that used to produce 180 hp at some point. Front wheel drive, unfortunately, so snow driving can be treacherous.

The only issues with it I've come across are some cigarette lighters don't work and the majority of the console lights don't light up.

Before owning one, I thought the Rendezvous wasn't particularly stylish or even pleasant to look at, but now the front is starting to grow on me. The rear will take a little longer, but it'll happen sometime.

Plans for this vehicle are follows:
- Repaint main color red (fire hydrant), second tone a dark grey, and roof black
- Dual exhaust, but not too loud!
- Lower a couple inches
- Replacing plastic wheel caps for alloys
- Maybe add a turbo/supercharger

- Maybe add a turbo/supercharger
If you're going to do that you may as well just buy an L67 (aka the 3800 SC). Those 3.4 and 3.1 V6s have little performance potential, and have little to no aftermarket support. The 3800, on the other hand, is more powerful, reliable, has stronger internals, already set up for forced induction, and probably wouldn't be that hard of a swap (if you do plan on increasing power, I'd recommend upgrading the trans too, as those could only just about take the power stock anyway).

If you're going to do that you may as well just buy an L67 (aka the 3800 SC). Those 3.4 and 3.1 V6s have little performance potential, and have little to no aftermarket support. The 3800, on the other hand, is more powerful, reliable, has stronger internals, already set up for forced induction, and probably wouldn't be that hard of a swap (if you do plan on increasing power, I'd recommend upgrading the trans too, as those could only just about take the power stock anyway).
Thanks for the suggestions. This was more of a concept rather than an actual thought out plan. I just thought it might be nicer to have better acceleration with the added noise of the unit, but also figured it's probably too much trouble to be worth it.

...and with the mention of a transmission, this one has a 4-speed automatic with outrageously long ratios. Second gear reaches nearly 90mph!

Hi! I'm a proud owner of a diamond silver 2017 Mercedes Benz C350e Plugin hybrid Estate. Love the air suspension! For my day to day driving I just prefer comfort over "sporty". That being said... 0-100 km in 6 sec is more then enough!

Touareg R Line Plus being delivered next Friday.

It's brand new, 3l diesel, 8 spd auto, 262bhp, >400ftlb, metallic black with a beige interior. Interior colour wouldn't have been my choice, but it's a stock car, and VW have no other R Line Pluses in the network. I'll cope as it's only for 2 years and I got a great deal on it.

Comes with loads of kit; 21's, leather/heated/memory seats, electric panoramic roof, sliding rear seats, nav, keyless, surround view, swiveling xenons, heated steering wheel, etc etc. Only things it's missing are air suspension and radar cruise.

Will primarily be my wife's car, and I'll continue to potter round in the 996.

Pics next week :)

Touareg R Line Plus being delivered next Friday.

It's brand new, 3l diesel, 8 spd auto, 262bhp, >400ftlb, metallic black with a beige interior. Interior colour wouldn't have been my choice, but it's a stock car, and VW have no other R Line Pluses in the network. I'll cope as it's only for 2 years and I got a great deal on it.

Comes with loads of kit; 21's, leather/heated/memory seats, electric panoramic roof, sliding rear seats, nav, keyless, surround view, swiveling xenons, heated steering wheel, etc etc. Only things it's missing are air suspension and radar cruise.

Will primarily be my wife's car, and I'll continue to potter round in the 996.

Pics next week :)

One of the directors at my place has one it that colour combo (actually his is a blue so dark it might as well be black) I was in it the other day and even though its three years old now, the beige leather still looks like new, it's held up really well, no obvious fading or colour mismatches. It also makes it very light and airy in there compared to the black interior which, in such a sizeable interior, makes it quite oppressive.

Back